Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Neville

Speculations on Reincarnation

Reincarnation, broadly speaking and as I understand it is the soul's progression through one or more life times.

I’m not so sure about the mechanics of reincarnation, Whenever I read of celebrities who believe in reincarnation they always seem to have been someone famous in a previous life. Cleopatra, Napoleon,Julius Caesar,Alexander the Great, Boadicea etc Not a one claims they were a trash collector in downtown Rome but I digress.

The point of my Article here is to acknowledge that if a number of people were in fact the same famous person in a past life we have to move into the somewhat complex subject of Soul multiplication or rather division and multiplication. Perhaps a Soul multiplies like the cells of an egg in the ovary upon being fertilised. Further, We must rationally consider the significantly smaller population of the World in ancient times and the comparatively vast population now which would render the possibility of most of us having had a past life relatively short on odds. That however is just conjecture on my part and I would not like to speculate one way or the other in that particular area of hypothesis.

There is however a rather compelling piece of evidence to support how it might work that all of us can relate to in our daily lives. I’ll start by asking you the reader if you are the same person as you were 10 years ago. The chances are that you are a vastly different person now than you were then,even if that is not the case, you will at the very least be 10 years older and hopefully 10 years wiser. In effect you are a different person now. But let’s not deal with such sweeping statements.To illustrate my speculation further can I ask you the reader whether you have heard expressions similar to;

“He’s not been himself lately” or “That was so out of character for her”

Bringing the issue closer to home, are there times when you don’t feel your usual self? If so who, as opposed to you, are you?

Putting the issue under further scrutiny, I propose that you when you are angry are quiet a different person to the person you are when you are not angry. You are a different person when you are relaxed to the person you are when you are concentrating intently on a task.

The implications of these observations point to us all being several different personalities rolled into one. When viewed like this, it becomes a little more credible to accept that so many people were in fact an aspect of a famous person in history in a previous life.
Old 20-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Greenslade

Perhaps it's an ego trip, Neville. Perhaps celebrities think that because they're famous in this Life they should have been someone famous in a Past Life? As I understand it, much of Past Life perspectives across different Lives is about looking at two sides of a coin or resolving issues. For instance, someone famous in a Past Life might experience being a follower in the Life - guru in that Life, pupil in this. Perhaps there is something in being famous Life after Life - I wouldn't know :-) However, I don't run with the idea of your multiple Souls in the same physical body.

We do change, and sometimes daily if your awareness can pick it up. Perhaps you'll read something in these boards and a light will go on in your head, that will change you just a little but how much effect will those cumulative changes have over ten years? I used to go chasing women all weekend, now even the thought of catching one scares me lol.

If I am concentrating on a particular task I'm not necessarily a different person - depending on the task. For most tasks, I believe I am still the 'usual me' but a different part of me comes into play than the one that relaxes. It's when you start going down this road that you see how many aspects there are to a person. We are all mother/father, daughter/son, sister/brother...... All different aspects of ourselves. I also believe that goes for us feeling as though we are different people within ourselves. When we are completing a task there is the part of us we access that helps us concentrate, or another part of us relaxes when it's done. It's not different Souls inhabiting the same body, it's different aspects to our personalities coming to the fore. Angry and relaxed are still me though. Different personalities don't work for me, but different aspects of our personality does.

Yes, there are times when I don't feel my 'usual self' and sometimes people around me recognise that my energies have changed. That's a long story in itself but keeping it short, I believe it's 'channelling' of a kind. Maybe a more technical way of explaining it is me getting in touch with my Higher Self. We're not separate though, merely individual and connected.

Maybe those celebrities would gain more credibility if they did admit to being trash collectors in downtown Rome. It's easy to read a book and identify with a character - most kids have their heroes/heroines.

And it's a shame you're not going down the Soul Multiplication road, that could have been interesting.

Last edited by Greenslade : 20-10-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 20-10-2010, 12:01 PM
SandybytheSea

Neville, here's what I find interesting. Whenever people talk about reincarnation, they point out that everyone is Cleopatra or Napoleon and no-one is ever a trash collector. But the reality is very, very different. I've conducted close to 1,000 regressions, and I've never had ONE person come even close to being famous! But I've had plenty of trash collectors, lol! And I've also worked with a few famous people who regressed to very ordinary past lives.

Maybe the people who think they were Cleopatra or Napoleon are told that by a money-hungry psychic wanting to impress them so they'll come back.
Old 20-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Summerland

I had to add my two pennies worth. I remember over a dozen past lives and never once have I been anyone famous. I don't think that I would have liked to be famous at any time actually.
Old 20-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Master
Hi Neville
Good book is " Journey of Souls"
By Gary Zukac
:)

PS . Everyone wants to be some -one famous lol .. sometimes its not until one has an experience do they truly believe it!
I have had a few in my life.. just happened and was by myself! I Didnt believe in it before then.. I was on the I dont know shelf.
I do believe now!
Old 20-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Master
I personally think that those who think they were famous in a past life "make it so" in their head and really aren't.
I do believe in reincarnation absolutely I've had readings done where I'm told about my past lives and it makes sense.
I also know I had a past life in the UK. I was on vacation in London when I was about 17, at that point I had lived in the USA for three years, so I dressed like an american and looked like one basically.
While I was walking around London I had about 10 Londoners ask ME for directions, when I spoke and said in my accent "I'm sorry I'm not from here I have no clue" the look of shock on their faces was to die for. I told my dad when I met up with him later and he was shocked as well. So I know I lived there in a past life as I never got lost in London and felt very much at home.
Spiritlite
Old 20-10-2010, 05:35 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I personally think that those who think they were famous in a past life "make it so" in their head and really aren't.
Spiritlite

I agree with you that that certainly could be, and probably IS in the majority of cases, but clearly not all. SOMEONE had to have been that "famous" person, and remember a soul is just a soul... no better or worse than any other regardless of whether or not it attained the heights of fame (or in some cases infamy! ) in a former life.

Most of the lifetimes of which I have recall are of very ordinary, humble individuals... no one anybody would have heard of, not "famous", not a historical figure, etc.. with one notable exception. I can tell you that that lifetime as that particular individual ...though they carry "fame" to the degree that people know of them... was not in the least about glamor or power, but totally about service and sacrifice, and in no way a happy or fulfilling life for me. I was bound by duty and forced to give up many of the ordinary joys and pleasures available to the average person, including those of a husband and family, so remembering myself in that role was not a pleasant memory for me and certainly not an ego-trip.

Generally speaking I would agree with you that when people think they were Marilyn Monroe or Shakespear, or some other famous individual, in actuality what they are REALLY remembering is having had a life which placed them in common or similar circumstances to those of the famous person, thus they relate strongly to them. [In other words, they were "A" Marilyn Monroe or "A" Shakespear... not "THE" Marilyn or Shakespear!]

In my case when the memories began rising up, I did not recognize who the person was, as my assumptions about that person's life were VERY different from what it had actually been like and how it actually played out. When, in the context of a past life regression, my Higher Self gave me the name of the person I had been, I was at first shocked and disbelieving. But then as more and more remembrance poured forth I could no longer deny it and had to accept that I had indeed been that individual. As I said, it was not "grand" at all, but all about self-sacrifice, service, and duty. In being shown that life, I realized the necessity of giving the fulfillment of my own needs and interests importance too, and not living purely and wholely for others.

Last edited by LightFilledHeart : 20-10-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 26-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Blue

Hi there, I'm a newbie and found this thread interesting :)
It's been asked to a Buddhist Lama
"Who was I in my past life, who were my family?"
To which the Lama replied
" Look at yourself and your family, as it is rare to be reborn into another family and rare that you change in yourself very drasticly."

I liked this because it seems to make sense if this is learning journey to reconnect with your loved ones etc. although i dont think i can make sense of it all all the same...
Old 27-10-2010, 04:44 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
It's been asked to a Buddhist Lama
"Who was I in my past life, who were my family?"
To which the Lama replied
" Look at yourself and your family, as it is rare to be reborn into another family and rare that you change in yourself very drasticly."
As things run 'in the family' this does not bode well for the experience and learning which is supposed to occur during one's life.
Once a mafioso, always a mafioso? And if you try to extricate yourself from that you end up dead?
What is the point of reincarnating under such conditions?
Old 27-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Stormweaver

Maybe once in a mafia, the later generations can steer away from it ?
It doesnt necessary means the children of a gang leader will be a gangster. Therefor a few generations away it could be totally different.

However there is something about Sherrie Lea who claims to be Marilyn Monroe incarnated. I dont believe it to be true. I think its just to make money on that story.

I have a friend who looks like Bruce Lee. And there are many other martial artists that looks a little like Bruce Lee as well. Does that mean they could be an incarnation of him? hahahhaha.

But thats what I think anyways.

cheers

_/\_

Last edited by Stormweaver : 27-10-2010 at 05:19 AM.