Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > EFT

Old 20-11-2010, 05:11 PM
hdizzy

On mercola.com, in the images at the bottom, he starts off with the head and finishes with the 'inside of the wrist'. Tapping solution.com starts with the wrist and finishes with the head!

Also, when are you supposed to use the positive affirmations? Tapping solution.com- the lady says one at the start and then 'vents' negative statements about her back. But mercola.com says your meant to use positive affirmations and doesnt even mention 'venting' about the problem. Confused :(

Last edited by hdizzy : 20-11-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 20-11-2010, 05:44 PM
hdizzy

Im finding this quite useful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i33V2EcVlY
Old 20-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdizzy
On mercola.com, in the images at the bottom, he starts off with the head and finishes with the 'inside of the wrist'. Tapping solution.com starts with the wrist and finishes with the head!

Also, when are you supposed to use the positive affirmations? Tapping solution.com- the lady says one at the start and then 'vents' negative statements about her back. But mercola.com says your meant to use positive affirmations and doesnt even mention 'venting' about the problem. Confused :(

hdizzy... This is why I suggest reading a whole book to learn EFT as questions like these get answered, and you can learn how to be truly successful with it.

But to answer your questions briefly...

There is a lot of variation in how EFT is used,
intuitively and creatively - once you've learned the basic method and how to investigate an issue and all its aspects thoroughly... and the order of the points doesn't really matter.

Venting is not usually a part of EFT although some people like it, but simply using a brief descriptive phrase activates the pattern enough to be released in the mind and energy system. The Movie Technique and Tell The Story which are very effective ways to release memories of how an emotional pattern began with EFT.

Using positive affirmation comes in the first part when you say, "Even though I feel ______ I deeply love and accept myself."

And... after you've cleared an emotional pattern or memory of an event you may wish to go through the acupoint sequence while affirming whatever you want to go ahead into, appropriate to the emotions or problem you are releasing... such as, "I love feeling confident and at ease" or "I choose to feel safe within myself."

Xan

Old 20-11-2010, 09:43 PM
hdizzy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
hdizzy... This is why I suggest reading a whole book to learn EFT as questions like these get answered, and you can learn how to be truly successful with it.

But to answer your questions briefly...

There is a lot of variation in how EFT is used,
intuitively and creatively - once you've learned the basic method and how to investigate an issue and all its aspects thoroughly... and the order of the points doesn't really matter.

Venting is not usually a part of EFT although some people like it, but simply using a brief descriptive phrase activates the pattern enough to be released in the mind and energy system. The Movie Technique and Tell The Story which are very effective ways to release memories of how an emotional pattern began with EFT.

Using positive affirmation comes in the first part when you say, "Even though I feel ______ I deeply love and accept myself."

And... after you've cleared an emotional pattern or memory of an event you may wish to go through the acupoint sequence while affirming whatever you want to go ahead into, appropriate to the emotions or problem you are releasing... such as, "I love feeling confident and at ease" or "I choose to feel safe within myself."

Xan

Thanks, this has helped
Old 21-11-2010, 03:23 AM
pre-dawn

What is often seen as a negative statement is the acknowledgment of the troubling condition. This is the starting point, we cannot resolve issues unless we acknowledge them.
There can also be a lot of 'play' around this which serves to explore other aspects around the issue, but also to realize the full depth of the feelings around it, e.g. are you upset, angry or enraged? Social conditioning tends to suppress awareness of how deep feelings can go.

At the same time this 'negative' acknowledgment has a positive kernel. It lets one discover things about oneself and it implies that there is an intention to resolve it. Why else would one do EFT?

One could say that the seemingly negative is in fact positive.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Tapping on a radio show!

http://dart.clearchannel.com/image.ng/site=premiere&affiliate=prn-coast&pagepos=9522&prngenre=talk&prntype=newslette r&prnpage=home&TransactionID=796365779636577 The Mind & Quantum Techniques:

On Tuesday's show, psychologist Dr. Garland Landrith, whose research was cited in the movie What the Bleep, discussed how inner thoughts can alter the physical realm through various methods including mass consciousness experiments, prayer, and "tapping" techniques. Various studies have demonstrated the quantum effects of consciousness, indicating that the mind can go beyond the time/space limitations that the normal universe operates under. For instance, he reported on an experiment in which people were randomly shown pleasant and negative photos. It was found that the subjects experienced anxiety several seconds in advance of seeing a negative photograph, which suggests the body senses things ahead of time, he said.

People are often held back by psychological blocks-- brain patterns that cause them to make the same mistakes over and over again, he noted. Through an Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) that involves a person using their fingers to tap on various acupuncture points, these blocks can be removed, he stated. Further, he cited the recent Dallas Peace Project, in which 1,000 people tapped on acupuncture points, and crime rates reportedly went down 25% in the region. Landrith's tapping technique is demonstrated in this video clip promoting his DVD.

He also spoke about various prayer studies and techniques. Some particularly powerful methods include "releasing" an intention rather than focusing on it, posing an intention before going to sleep, and sending out feelings of love. By adopting a sense of gratitude-- being thankful for what you have, you'll be attracting more things to be grateful for than if you are in a state of wanting, which attracts lack, Landrith revealed.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-12-2010, 03:09 AM
Master
in case you didn't know. there is a whole section on this forum dedicated to EFT

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/fo...play.php?f=119
Old 22-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Experiencer
I wonder what is the concept behind EFT, why does it work?

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 22-12-2010, 10:10 PM
star-child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora
My understanding is that it's pressure points. Acupuncture would have the same effect if you put the pins in the point we tap. Negative emotions cause blocked energy so by tapping the points it makes the energy flow thus coming to terms with the emotion and releasing them. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not an expert, yet
Old 22-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora

The basis of EFT is the understanding that our mind's thoughts and emotions are interrelated with our energy system - the meridians that acupuncture treats. By bringing a negative mind pattern together with acceptance and love (with a key phrase that expresses it) along with specific acupressure points they are released and cleared.

But as Gary Craig, the founder of EFT, said, "I can't really explain exactly how it works. We only know it does work... often where nothing else will."

The proof of EFT comes in learning how to use it correctly, and then doing it.

Xan