Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 10-02-2017, 04:48 PM
Pathfinder

4th house: Mother or father in women

Thought I'd share. As a female, I've been confused for years as to how to interpret my fourth house as representative of mother or father (some say it should be the parent of the opposite sex, which in my case does make sense in terms of the planet and the rulership. Very much like Dad.)

However, when Uranus just recently passed into my 4th house, my mom died unexpectedly. Now I find myself going through her house, clearing and sorting and giving things away and selling. SUCH A PURGE =8-0 Very hard for me to do as a Cancer but it's making sense and I'm catching on!! Very Uranian.

So in a way, my fourth house seems to represent both of my parents.

Anybody else?
Old 10-02-2017, 10:03 PM
Master
I would interpret it in the traditional way, as mother, family of origin, home. It is the traditional house of Cancer and the ruler is moon. I also feel the nadir is where you go inside and it relates very much to your inner self.

Uranus in your 4th would be the unexpected as it relates to any of those subjects and the sign it is in. Anything could happen and it did...

Since you are a Cancer yourself, that would make that house more meaningful to you. You would relate to that house and the sign on the cusp and the ruler of that sign...

Your sun is in the sign of the moon...The sun is your essence but it is also the father..In a sense those energies are united in your chart.

That is probably why you feel it is both your parents.

The sign on the cusp of my 4th is my father's sun sign and I wondered about that too, but I feel that it should be mother as opposed to father...10th house is noon, when the sun is at the top of the sky and that is father...4th house is midnight and that relates to the moon which is mother.

That is how I do it.

I am sorry about your mom. That is a very hard time. It is really hard to deal with the belongings but I think it is healing to do that. You have to deal with it physically and that helps process it.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you for the sympathy & for sharing your insights, R. I guess I have a new-found appreciation for the 4th = the mother now. Tracking transits over the years sure is a great way to learn ... !
Old 12-02-2017, 02:10 AM
Master
Fourth house can represent both your parents. You might also want to look at the tenth house. Uranus transiting fourth house is speedy change, fourth house uranus would bring changes that would ask to let go of old family conditioning. It brings changes in home front. If you have moon( mother, instinctual ) square your ascendant/ uranus then there could be conflict with a sense of who you are and where you are going here, habits and conditioning due to family upbringing and testing of patience.
It most definitely is a purge as a transit.
Old 14-02-2017, 12:41 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
If you have moon( mother, instinctual ) square your ascendant/ uranus then there could be conflict with a sense of who you are and where you are going here, habits and conditioning due to family upbringing and testing of patience.

Thank you for the response angelic star

there IS a reassessment of how I have been conditioned to be the family caretaker (at some point, moral obligation ends and codependency kicks in) but luckily my virgo moon isn't involved in this transit, and my natal Leo Uranus is trine the ASC so, so far the mourning has been very mangeable. Sought out grief therapy just so there is a professional keeping an eye on all the weirdness. My Cancer sun has yet to be hit by the square however

My mom wasn't ever too interested in me so that makes this easier I suppose ~~ for now
Old 14-02-2017, 02:24 PM
Pathfinder

just on a lark, went back at looked at what happened when Uranus opposed my IC / conj my MC

I had just finished my first serious illness. Undiagnosed double pneumonia (which I'd had for a week before my working mom got me to the Dr. I clearly remember him hollering at her, telling her how sick I was and I should be in a hospital. She just sort of imploded under all of it. My lung scars still show up on xrays)

Anyway, I was back to school, very very weak, (oh yes & so porky my clothes didn't zip up!!! ha Grandma had been stuffing me with chocolate doughnuts) I had missed three weeks, and was totally at sea esp. in math and science. I remember feeling very very fragile

Oh well I'm not a little kid anymore, I have resources & thank goodness for grief counseling, I see her at 11 today. Too bad I can't talk astrology with her :) !!
Old 14-02-2017, 11:00 PM
Master
Cancer sun is the caretaker and Virgo moon is health and service so you would be the right man for the job.

Astrology is very good for self-understanding and that is more helpful then going to a counselor who isn't able to consult that map of your psyche.

I am not that Grief counseling isn't useful or any kind, but it is a big head start to understand yourself.
Old 15-02-2017, 02:55 PM
Pathfinder

:) I hear you. She was asking yesterday how come I was so insightful... and while insight helps, I also need (okay, want) someone to mother **me** after a few very trying years.

Perhaps you'll think this is funny: it made me burst out laughing. I was doing some inner child work and asked my young self what she/I wanted to "play". The answer came back clearly : Noah's Ark!

I had a Noah's ark toy set as a child: I loved to make the animals march two by two into the ark. And then I started LAFFING: of course! The Ark (home: my cancer sun) Order of 2x2 (my Virgo moon) and animals (sag rising!) what better game for a child like me??

Today a friend is taking me to a Donkey rescue farm, where I'll be leaving a donation in mom's name: same difference I guess. Can't wait to feed them the bags of carrotts I have
Old 15-02-2017, 04:59 PM
Master
That inner child work you did was a way to get in touch with your guidance. You asked a question and got an answer. Your guidance has been with you always and raised you from a baby. They know what your favorite toys were and they are your 'inner parents' .....

That might be comforting to think of it that way because if you want to be mothered, then you have that within you and it is real. That answer sounds like a reminder of that. You really did 'get' that answer to show you.

That Noah's ark story never made sense to me..Exactly how did Noah fit all those animals onto his ark? I asked my guide that question and she said that they were teeny tiny.

Most of these stories are stories, but sometimes there is a speck of truth to them. I could see how that could be done if it were DNA. Noah would have to be a bit ahead of his time to do that.

That is off topic, but you could once again relate to the 4th house as your inner self which is mostly how I see it, and the 10th house as your outer self

I do a lot of inner work and I have my chart ruler conjunct my IC and it is retrograde and very strong, but inward, at the point one would 'go inside'. I do 'see inside' and do that kind of work.

Years ago I went to an astrologer who did that too. She said 'Do you want me to look inside' and I said 'ok'...I had a big concern so she looked about that and saw an image that she described. There was another image that she told me about that didn't make sense at the time, but it does now. Her guides where showing her short scenes. I thought that was weird but it was very useful.

I was clueless about that at the time but later I learned to do that very thing. Now I get it. That was years ago but I had the tape of that session and I listened to it again and got a refresher.

Maybe you will find some teeny tiny ark sized donkeys.
Old 17-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Pathfinder

:) no ark sized donkeys but the minis were adorable !!

I've thought a lot about what you wrote about 4th & inner self, which is making total sense to me in terms of, well, I guess learning emotional responses at our mother's knees? Am sort of relieved if Uranus will work on clearing out this part of me because *I* could use some purging/clearing out, in addition to assorted attics and garages :) I keep saying to people "I'm ready to be different now, I want to be different!" and had already started some inner work in addition to the outer. will try to stay the course

Thanks for the thought provoking response... !