Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 24-06-2016, 06:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowWorm
You eat cows right? Pigs? Chickens?

Why?

Is it because you feel nothing for them? Because you can not pet them and turn them into companions? Because they do not lick your faces and cuddle at your feet?

Yet piglets, an animal said to be as intelligent as a five year old child, are roasted alive underneath heat lamps in many slaughter houses because they can't regulate their body heat. Chickens are debeaked alive and boiled in hot water while alive due to the fact that such makes removing their feathers easier. Cattle are oftentimes not properly stunned and still kicking & thrashing as their throats are slit and they left to bleed to death.

You only disagree with it because dogs are pets and thus worth saving. Cattle, chicken, pigs, etc., well maybe it is true and their only purpose in life is to live & die for the knife. But even so there are people who view these animals as pets too. Have closer affinity for them than people have companionship with dogs. So how exactly can such beasts have such meaningless lives?

Besides dog meat markets have existed throughout Europe for years. Poland & Switzerland have some rather well known dog meat markets, sold by whites mind you; you just have to use the right terms and they'll be putting away the slap of beef and showing you a dog's leg. You could buy dog meat in Canada and the US during the Depression and well as stomach knotting as it'll sound apparently, I have heard, you still can in some areas.

Actually you could get dog meat in a number of European markets during the War, including England. Oh yes you like "hot dogs" right, well the concept comes from Germany and guess what they were dicing up too alongside the pork until about the mid 1980s.

You point a finger without understanding the entirety. Yet many who protest such behavior will likely never raise anything but a passing fist or a fleeting thought towards the treatment of cattle, pigs, or chickens.

There is so many people in China that literally dog meat is the only way some of them can ever eat meat. Not much different than how, if your forefathers were European, they survived the Wars or if just Americans they survived the Depression.
Yes, people eat all kinds of things, even go as far as canabilism. but the thing with Yulin festival is people are eating dog because it's a festival and if you eat dog starting on the summer solstice it's supposed to bring good luck, so people are eating dogs out of a superstition. I watched something on Nightline and it was horrendous. Maybe if you would watch what actually goes on, you'd feel differently. Dogs are stolen in hopes of getting money for them. Dogs still had collars on, some are raised in horrid conditions simply to be slaughtered. The screams and cries are horrendous to hear. The people are brutal and have no care or compassion for these poor dogs, it's all about money and feeding people's superstitions. I can't get what I saw out of my mind now. It's forever seered and I find it despicable that any animal be killed in such horrible ways for food (or some sickos out there do so for thrills or out of anger). This is not right.

And speaking of sick superstitions in some countries Albino children are stolen and their limbs cut off and some are killed and heads taken and why? Again, superstition has it that albino body parts bring good luck. What is wrong with this world?
Old 01-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Master
Check out the website animal Hope and Wellness.org and Marc Ching. If those pictures aren't enough to have an impact on you. You must me lacking in something. Marc Ching rescured 1000 dogs. Some of the pictures tore my heart out...it's despicable how these animals are treated and kept. Disgusting. We need more people like Marc.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator
Yes. The cows in the fields around me are exploited for milk. Their young are taken from them to early so we can steal their milk. The males are mostly killed of course. That is all normal procedure in the dairy industry. That must cause such sentient beasts a lot of grief throughout their milk-producing lives.
And yet from what I have seen, they have learned to adapt to some extent. I am not condoning their treatment which is not right but which has become 'normalised'. Yet I see cows free in the fields, all summer long and they look well, and content generally. (But of course this is not always the case re: factory farming.)

Now what happens to those dogs at Yulin is something quite different. Animal welfare laws would prevent such things happening as a matter of course in western countries. The methods of slaughter include the most abominable treatment of sentient beings I have ever encountered, including the tortures of the Inquisition and the treatment of humans in the death camps.
Also may of them are stolen, and some came from loving homes.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:21 AM
Master

The Chinese probably point the finger at us in response at our mass killing of cows, sheep, pigs etc. the old 'meat is meat' argument. They and others certainly did that with 'our' fox-hunting in the past whenever an animal rights and welfare issue was raised against them.

If only we lived in a world where our animal brothers and sisters were treated as our brothers and sisters!, but sadly, despite best efforts, we don't.

But if people are going to take animal life, then at least it should be done quickly and humanely. That clearly is not the case here.

Education is what is needed. Ever so. After all, this great country in recent years had its bloodsports and its circus animals and its grotesque laboratory experiments, and still has a slaughter industry killing into the hundreds of millions.
Slowly but surely ....

Another website of note is the Animals Australia - Ban Live Exports.
There is censored and graphic content - you'll soon understand why ... (You choose which you view)
I mention it as, whilst its horrible, if THAT doesn't wake 'you' up and galvanize you, nothing will.

And as for Yulin, or anything else, nothing will ever change if people don't make a stand. You have to make a stand.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 02-07-2016, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator
I know.
I sat with cows today, and thought about what I had said and knew it was very wrong of me to even think that cows' lives, even at the best they can be offered, were okay, as they are in a form of slavery to humans. There is no 'comparison' between one form of suffering or another. We just shouldn't be making any animals suffer in any way whatsoever. We should be honouring them all, and treating them all with the same love and respect.
If given the chance, most animals will be loving companions, expanding our awareness and our love; helping us grow and learn. A Being who -if treated with kindness -will be happy to relate to us that way shows what they are like. And yet they are treated so unkindly.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:28 AM
Master
OMG i can´t imagine and i tried not to think in this festival or i go nuts.
I predict in 3 years they can stop this festival for good. It´s just horrific barbaric and unhuman.
I am so far away i can´t do nothing but only send prayers and vibrations for those lovely souls. why why? Anyeone knows how many days are this events? I try not to read the comments of how things are prooceded.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:45 PM
Master
I hope that the petitions make a difference.
Old 28-07-2016, 06:08 AM
Guide

So sad. I donated money to one of the organizations saving dogs. The least I could do as well as signing.
Old 28-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Ascender
Blessings to you for doing that, Clio 86!
Old 19-05-2017, 06:46 PM
Master
I read on the Independent website, claims from activists that officials are set to ban the sale of dog meat at the Yulin festival. Lets hope that this is a first step and becomes permanent. I didn't provide a link because of the pictures contained in the article.