Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 19-05-2017, 02:33 PM
Seeker

It's not so much what I believe, it is a common belief in Western culture that 13 is unlucky and 12 is a good number and I believe this thought is held so strongly by some people that they would attempt to change the date of someone's birth in an attempt to shirk the perceived jinx. It is also true that some people are self interested misers. My daughter and I both agreed, as if it is necessary to say this, that if the child was born on Friday the 13th, no attempt would have been made to change the date. If one is observant about life, strange connections can be seen.
Old 19-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeplanter
It's not so much what I believe, it is a common belief in Western culture that 13 is unlucky and 12 is a good number and I believe this thought is held so strongly by some people that they would attempt to change the date of someone's birth in an attempt to shirk the perceived jinx. It is also true that some people are self interested misers. My daughter and I both agreed, as if it is necessary to say this, that if the child was born on Friday the 13th, no attempt would have been made to change the date. If one is observant about life, strange connections can be seen.

Silly superstitious nonsence is usually dropped when you get past 10 years old....
Old 19-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Master
Quote:
it is a common belief in Western culture that 13 is unlucky
I have to disagree with that, though it may have been so in the Dark Ages perhaps. No, the vast majority of people in the 21st century understand it to be a harmless superstition and nothing more, same as with black cats, walking under a ladder, and breaking a mirror. Anyway, you still haven't explained the correlation between your father's "13th that was covered over to make an honorable 12th," and how that specifically impacted your family life in negative ways. How did changing his birth date, cause all that suffering?
Old 19-05-2017, 11:14 PM
Master
Now I'm confused. Was that a mistake post? You didn't clarify, you simply re-posted the comment that didn't explain why you believe this birth date switch caused suffering in your life.
Old 20-05-2017, 08:11 AM
Seeker

Yes, the above post was a mistake. I have requested that it be deleted but it has not happened.
Well, lets just leave it open as to how many people think that 13 is a jinxed number. In many streets, the number 13 is not there. I admit it is a conflict between what is rational and what are people's irrational beliefs.
I don't wish to repeat myself unnecessarily nor go into too much detail but in the latter years of my father's life and after his death, it becomes possible to see what has actually been going on in my family. He and my mother, who had a good heart, led the life of being a good and normal Christian family but my father was the most mean spirited miser you could ever imagine. He pretended to led the life of a good 12 but there was a lurking misanthropic 13 beneath it all and an aspect of this was being a miser. With the dividing up of his estate, which I initially thought was insignificant, it turns out that I miss out of a large proportion. It is a fact and I am commensurate about it, not complaining more than what is proportionate, because we all know that money is not the answer but I need to admit the fact. On a personal level, well for example, he never in his entire life asked me, how I was doing. He was quite incapable of it .I swear to God, I will never be a person like him. I bend every cell in my body to be a caring and aware human but some things need to be admitted and not shirked.
Old 20-05-2017, 09:05 AM
Master
Quote:
My father was the most mean spirited miser you could ever imagine. He pretended to led the life of a good 12 but there was a lurking misanthropic 13 beneath it all and an aspect of this was being a miser.

I swear to God, I will never be a person like him.
Yes, that's what I assumed you meant, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions.

Some tough love advice: This reads more like unresolved issues you have with your father. And it sounds like you've created this 13 narrative as a way of avoiding dealing with your feelings. As in, "Blame the number 13, that's why all this happened." What we often do when we don't want to deal with issues, is deflect and project. And that's how your words come across to me.

You can talk yourself into believing there are masses of people who believe this 13 stuff. But there just aren't. And to continue to argue about it, is deflecting. Bottom line, if you honestly believe that's the reason, then you may as well believe your suffering is a result of that mirror you broke, or that black cat that walked across your path. Because it's the exact same thing.
Old 20-05-2017, 10:37 AM
Master
I'm born on Friday the 13th. What's the big deal? The whole Friday the 13th thing was made up by church, allegedly to do with the day they captured the Knights Templar, who were labeled blasphemers and heretics.

13 is my lucky number. In Tarot 13 is the Death card, highly underestimated by most. Like with the Nr 13 ppl get scared whenever they see the Death card, while it is all about transformation, new beginnings, not about literal death.

Why add to this superstition about the number 13? It's just based on old fears and paradigms, instigated by church in the old days.

We even have a 13 months cycle, NOT a 12 months one... SOme cultures still use this (it's over 6000 yrs old!!), I believe the Muslims do.
13 is also believed to have been a lucky Nr by pagans, which could be another reason for church to defile it as they tried to destroy all things pagan.

In short, there's nothing bad about the Nr 13. If you believe it is, it will turn out that way, because you will attract what you feel. But that would go for any number.
Old 20-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Master
NM........

Last edited by Baile : 20-05-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 20-05-2017, 04:18 PM
Seeker

Infact as a bit of a hobby and also as an attempt to make sense of my perhaps unusual life, I write a few stories. Maybe years after the events,I can see some story line which because of my way of looking at the world I see unusual connections. As I have said, I have had some lucky breaks which I am extremely grateful for so much so, I cannot but still desire some more!! An event occurs, a story line is seen and it is to an extent, understood and then safely pigeonholed away in ones mind and we move on and await for the next blessing. Well lets hope so anyway.
Old 21-04-2020, 10:31 AM
Elfin

Hi. My precious first little grandchild, a boy was born 2 years ago on the twelfth of the month at 12:12 pm. 12:12:12....