Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 09-10-2010, 04:02 AM
Knower
For me it would be 1 and 3 and little of 2. I have two of Brian's books I have only read one so far but I really liked the book I read (Only Love is Real). I plan on getting one of his cd's and trying it out.

I found a regression video on youtube. I think their from Weiss cd actually. I did not get much information. I was a woman of cocoish brown skin tone living in Egypt during the 1600’s. I dont know how old I was at this time (I was not elderly at this point) or what my job was. I wasn’t a servant nor was a member of the royal family either.

Last edited by nephesh : 09-10-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:11 AM
Deactivated Account

hi nephesh,

That is the other book of his that I was trying to think of " Only Love is Real "... that one I want to read.

Amazing, this youtube has everything !

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 16-10-2010, 12:35 PM
SandybytheSea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
As for me and past lives, it is not that I want to go back into the past and see what mistakes were made, or that I am seeking something from long ago.

My interest is basically curiosity. I find it an interesting topic.

I did attend a trance regression and asked about 2 fears that I have and was given past life examples of things that happened, which could explain these fears.... however, just because I know, or have heard, that these things happened and this may be reason for the fears.... doesn't mean that I have overcome the fears. The fear is still there and I really can't see it going away.

Hi Dream Angel First of all I'd like to correct one little thing you said - going back to see what mistakes were made. There ARE no mistakes. We choose our lives and create challenges to grow from. Sometimes we don't learn from those challenges, but that's not a mistake, it's simply that we need to do it again, and again, and again, until we do learn. It doesn't matter how many times we do it, we get it eventually and that's all that matters. Knowing what we need to learn defeats the purpose - if I said to you, Dream Angel, this time around you are here to learn tolerance, or patience, or how to inspire others, or how to forgive those who harm you, or a thousand other possibilities, would that make it any easier for you to learn these things?

As for your 2 fears, if they are life-inhibiting phobias then these are often the result of a traumatic death in a previous lifetime. Just seeing the reasons for them is not going to remove the fears. When I regress someone with phobias, I take them through their death and onto the other side, so they go from fear into calmness and begin to recognise that the fear they felt with their last breath was not the beginning of oblivion. They see for themselves that it led to a homecoming and reuniting with loved ones, and that they were then able to plan out their next incarnation. So if you fear is interferring with your life in some way, you might consider having a regression with a professional. But if it is just a minor fear, like a squeal when you see a spider, or a slight dizziness at a great height, that's normal - most people have those, they are there to protect us, that's called survival instinct.

If you're "just curious", then I don't recommend you have a regression.
Old 16-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Deactivated Account

hi SandybytheSea,

Thank you for correcting me on the " mistakes ". Challenges is a good way to put it, to learn from the challenges in our life. I am not sure I totally believe that " we choose our lives " , but that is just my opinion.

"Knowing what we need to learn defeats the purpose - if I said to you, Dream Angel, this time around you are here to learn tolerance, or patience, or how to inspire others, or how to forgive those who harm you, or a thousand other possibilities, would that make it any easier for you to learn these things?"

It may not make it easier, but I don't see a problem with knowing what we need to learn. Why does everything we do have to have some lesson attached to it ? Can't we just do something for the fun of it ?

Thank you for explaining on the fears topic. My fears are not life - inhibiting phobias, I am grateful for that. Just minor fears that I can deal with or choose to avoid being in that situation. I have been in a trance regression session, and I have found out reasons for my two fears, who I was, what happened, etc. and this brings an understanding to why I have these fears, but even if I went thru the death and into the light, I would still have these particular fears..... I don't need a regression with a professional to tell me about the other side, the loving welcome I will receive and the reunion with loved ones. I already know and believe in those things. But thank you anyways, for your suggestion.

"If you're "just curious", then I don't recommend you have a regression."

This is your opinion, and I personally don't see anything wrong with having a regression done because I am " just curious ".

I am wondering then, what would you say the " purpose " of having a past life regression done is ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 16-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Greenslade

I don't believe we are here to learn. That's too much like a 'one size fits all' answer, and quite frankly doesn't resonate with me much. We are all here for very different reasons. If you still want the 'one size fits all.... If we have all this Collective Consciousness or whatever term you might use to describe it to tap into, what is there to learn that isn't already known? What there is no substitute for is experience, and that is why we're here. Not to learn, but experience. Patience, tolerance, how to inspire - the only way to really understand that is to do it for yourself and experience it.

Why can't we do something just for the fun of it? Is the Spirit world a place where it's a job, a task and that's it? Do we leave the fun behind with the rest of this bag of water we walk around in?
Old 17-10-2010, 11:36 AM
SandybytheSea

First of all to Dream Angel
The reason I don't recommend a regression simply for curiosity is that regressions can be extremely traumatic. Once you open Pandora's box, there is no going back, and you have to live with what you revealed. While some can handle that, I have seen many who can't. In my practice, I am very careful to counsel people extensively both before and after a regression, and even arrange a follow up session a few weeks later. I have found this to be essential for a number of reasons. There are many people conducting regressions that do it for curiosity, and don't bother about counselling, and having seen the state some people are in as a result of a traumatic regression, that makes me feel uneasy.

to Greenslade I absolutely agree with you that we can do much "just for fun". But I'm yet to meet someone who incarnated JUST for fun. Fun and laughter are the medicines that get us through our incarnation, and if we can incorporate them into our lives at every opportunity, then we can usually handle almost anything. However, having said that, it's also possible that there are some who do come to learn how to laugh, how to enjoy, and who may have spent many incarnations being too serious and not rejoicing in the wonder that is life.

But I also have to add that having conducted almost 1,000 regressions, it is very rare that a client will not reveal during their regression what the purpose was of a specific lifetime - and extremely rare that they reveal it for their current lifetime. They will tell me during the transition to the other side that the purpose for THAT life had been x-y-z, and this revelation will suddenly bring the entire regression into perspective in a way that even they hadn't guessed at.

Maybe the word "lesson" is too schoolish, perhaps to experience is a better choice of word. Yes, we already know, but knowing and experiencing are very different - I know that the pyramids exist because I've seen photos of them, but I don't know what it feels like to walk around them, touch them and enter them unless I have done so.

On the other side, we can tune into each other and feel each other's thoughts and experiences, but here we understand what it is to feel separate. Compassion is easy when you can feel another's pain, but not so easy when you can't. Patience is simple when you have eternity, but no so simple when you have a clock on your wall. Tolerance is no big deal when you can become part of another's thoughts and understand them, but not so easy when you have been raised to believe one thing and meet someone who was raised to believe something different. Gender isn't an issue on the other side, but once incarnate the sexes often have difficulty relating to each other, so various incarnations as both sexes help the soul understand what it is to be both, just as it's important to know what it feels like to suffer hunger, poverty, illness, etc.

As for fun and laughter on the other side, I have no doubt that there is far more of it there than here, but even then it is said there are libraries, learning centres, opportunities to learn more about our wonderful universe, but people attend (voluntarily, when they feel the need to) with joy, not with trepidation like most are programmed to view education here. (We must be very serious! we must study hard! we must get good marks! we must graduate so we can earn a good living!) Since we don't need to earn a living on the other side, learning is a pleasure undertaken with joy because we want to know more.

Well, that's what has been revealed to me after many years of regression. For each it may be different because everything is different according to our perspectives, I just wanted to pass on to you what I have learned from MY perspective.
Old 18-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks SandybytheSea for sharing your thoughts and perspectives.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !