Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 29-07-2017, 05:09 AM
Seeker

I think this is very personal ... for me I normally stored the cards in their boxes or in a pouch of some sort... While I was reading at a store I just left them on the table ..... during the day .... It wasn't about other's energies etc... but about taking care of the cards against normal wear and tear....
Old 29-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Newbie ;)

I usually buy a pouch for each deck (with the color I usually associate the deck with). If it has a box, I also keep it inside. Only my Mystic Faerie deck had almost like a paper box and I wasn't able to store it inside. It wouldn't protect it... Besides that, each of my decks has a crystal with it (also one I associate with the deck itself). Somehow, I think the decks appreciate that gesture. The energy shifted when I got them the crystals (and for the best). It's not exactly due to "contamination", but it's somewhat to keep them clean and such, whether I am using it or not (since there is only one full moon per month :P).
Old 29-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Administrator
Hello

I never have done anything special with mine. I have the main deck I use just laying in its box on my table. I have friends that come over that ask if they can use the deck to pull a card. In never worry on that one. I trust in that my house and surroundings are well protected and cleansed.

The other decks I have are on a book shelf in my bedroom.

I find that all the fancy bags and boxes you can get to put them in is like buying a sofa, and getting talked into the coffee and end tables you do not need.

Lynn
Old 02-08-2017, 12:17 AM
Pathfinder

I keep my decks in their original box. I don't have many, so mine fit in a gorgeous wooden box I found at a thrift store. So far, they play well together lol.

I am using my Gilded Tarot so they are always out of their box, laying on the their book, laying next to my computer.

I don't worry about contamination, occasionally, I spread them out under the full moon. I really don't think it gives them any special powers, lol, I just love the full moon!!!
Old 02-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Master
I keep mine in their original boxes, all are in the bookcase.
I don't believe in contamination when it comes to my cards. Sure it could be possible, energy can be absorbed by anything, but I doubt it will happen when your own energy is good.
If ppl want to draw a card from my deck I'm okay with that, except for my Tarot cards en Gilded Reverie Lenormand. I might make exception for some with my Lenormand, but with my Tarot I prefer not to, especially not my Robin Wood deck. Not sure why, but I don't like others to touch or hold that one, not even the man in my life.

And I do admit that if any of my decks got handled by someone with low / negative energy, I would cleanse it.
I prefer ppl to ask if it's okay, not just grab (same with my crystals or any other 'tool' I got, like my shamanic instruments).

But I'm not bothered by storing. Energy in my home is good and high, so even if I believed in the silk cloth and stuff, there isn't a need in my home.