Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Massage

Old 27-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Master

Toxin release

Much is spoken about the power of massage and how beautiful it is but the toxin release is hugely scary - and shouldn't be underplayed.

I've just had - well - a couple of days ago - a bone cracking deep massage and the toxins flying around my body still prevail. My fingers and toes HURT and my headache has been like nothing else.

Start gently and work up - if I had my time again that is what I would have done but hey, it was how it was and that is what was meant to happen but goodness me!

I can do little else but sleep and drink water. Thank goodness I'm on holiday so zero commitment but equally a shame that I'm on a hard-earned holiday and fit for nothing!
Old 30-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Experiencer
I'm a massage therapist student, I graduate in June. What type of massage did you have? Your therapist should've recommended that you take a hot bath in 1 quart of Apple Cidar Vinegar for 20 mins. You need to take a cup with you so you can continuously pour the bath water over the top portion of your body, from neck down for the entire 20 mins. I promise this will make you feel better. Continue to drink lots of water. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, it shouldn't of been like this. Please, try the bath & let me know how you feel afterwards. You can take this bath up to 4x day, if needed.
Old 30-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Mr.Whitmore

Next time you all do a massage....look for a rounded magnet....and use it.

Thanks for your time
Old 31-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Master

thank you both!

well, this was an Egyptian massage, bone cracking, deep, painful! But who knows what emotions lie in our muscles, our joints, our cells - and out they came. They needed to come out.

I am now 6 days after the massage and it was only yesterday (day 5) after the massage that I really felt good again. I didn't bath - I wasn't near one but i did go in the sea and and I did drink as if there was no tomorrow - water that is.

Better out than in - the "stuff" needed to come out and so it did.

I think I would like to forewarn people about massage tho that it might not be the walk in the park you expect.

I'm seeking another as I have stuff still to come.
Old 14-08-2014, 04:14 AM
Master
Egyptian massage?.... sounds yummy; I want some
I drink a little baking soda/water (1/2 tsp?) and take a epsom salt and baking soda bath sometimes. It neutralizes acidity and whatever epsom salt does , reduce inflamation or draw out toxins (I forgot ) . Plus drinking lots of purified water, of course .
Old 27-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Experiencer

This thread actually scares me. This sounds like a pretty dangerous massage...

(I am a Swedish massage student on a hiatus)

There are many different types of massage, so most are actually quite gentle, and any soreness experienced should be gone in a day or two and is generally quite mild. Just like any physical endeavor you should start out gently.

This sounds like the extreme sports version of a massage. I hope it is medically backed.

Edit: looking it up, it looks like what we would just call a deep tissue massage. Certainly not for everyone! I can't say I would ever personally touch deep tissue work like that. But then I'm not sure! I'm a small person though lol. I have a very light touch when I do massage. Everyone is so different. It's definitely important to find the right pressure for you!
Old 20-09-2014, 10:44 AM
leighqt

Im a massage therapist . Any form of massage will release toxins, bone cracking does not sound great, even with Deep tissue, Your therapist should of advised you of the healing process as part of her/his aftercare. Keep hydrated, avoid Alcohol, and rest.
Old 27-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Octy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet

This sounds like the extreme sports version of a massage.

This made me giggle, yet the experience would not have! I'm sorry OP you experienced what you did. When I go for lymphatic drainage massage, it takes me several hours to 'come right' as they really do make me feel very ill indeed (to the point of wanting to pass out). So I make sure I take my time afterwards before getting into the car.

Initially it did put me off, at the same time, I felt great the next day. I also knew there was a LOT of toxins whirling about. As for anything other than feeling a little 'off' for a few hours, I can't imagine what was done to you. I enjoyed your post as it serves as a warning - that the after effects are not always pleasant.

I hope after the 5th day you felt a million dollars! Out of curiosity, would you go again?
Old 20-03-2015, 05:57 PM
Pathfinder

I can definitely feel the toxins in my bloodstream almost immediately after a massage. At the very least people should drink a liter/quart of water within an hour of getting a deep tissue massage for sure.
Old 19-06-2015, 07:31 PM
B-bird

Quote:
Belle I'm seeking another as I have stuff still to come.

Wow, ya you must be carrying around some baggage. I'm with Swami and the others, try some steam shower or hot Epson salts bath. Ask if they have something there. Thai massage and Rolfing are intense.