Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 18-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Deactivated Account

Sounds like major benefits all the way round, Inner. Ok, I have heard something like that with the acids in the stomach, I guess I just haven't noticed it , when combining fruits and veggies. And yes, I can imagine definitely the fresh squeezed fruit juices taste much better than bottled ones.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 18-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Master
i am doing about 70 - 80 percent raw.. def great to raise vibration!
Old 18-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Did I experience any weight loss?? I lost about 50 lbs from it. I am able to goto sleep at reasonable times now. Usually within 30 mins or so. When it used to be an hour or two before I would fall asleep. I also do not need naps throughout the day like I used to. My memory has improved. Where things would just fall out of my mind are now able to stay longer, and I can retain things longer. My breathing is also better. I used to have heartburn all the time, and I have not had heartburn since the diet. No matter if i eat citrus fruist such as oranges, and even if i eat them late at night. I used to also have headaches all the time where i needed otc for it, and now it is very rare for me to get them.
That's incredible! I feel inspired to try it. I want to lose 10lbs. Anything less and I'll be underweight. lol

did you detox first or were you already on the vegan/vegetarian path before this?
Old 18-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamist
That's incredible! I feel inspired to try it. I want to lose 10lbs. Anything less and I'll be underweight. lol

did you detox first or were you already on the vegan/vegetarian path before this?

I will say don't do any diet for just losing weight... you will end up quitting before you really get into it. you have to want to make the lifestyle change before you make any drastic changes to your eating.

i had been a vegetarian for about 2 years, only eating fish from time to time. when i went raw food it wasn't much of a food change, as it was giving up bread and dairy, and cooked things. such as rice, or cooked veggies.

some say that realistically one should only be 80% raw... but i don't think you will feel the full benefit until you do it all. bread adds mucus to ones intestines making them sluggish, and bloated.
Old 19-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I will say don't do any diet for just losing weight... you will end up quitting before you really get into it. you have to want to make the lifestyle change before you make any drastic changes to your eating.

i had been a vegetarian for about 2 years, only eating fish from time to time. when i went raw food it wasn't much of a food change, as it was giving up bread and dairy, and cooked things. such as rice, or cooked veggies.

some say that realistically one should only be 80% raw... but i don't think you will feel the full benefit until you do it all. bread adds mucus to ones intestines making them sluggish, and bloated.

Oh I have a few reasons why I want to do it but if I can lose weight while on the diet that's a definite benefit!

It would be easier in this life to do 80% raw. Especially if one plans to eat meat or get the right amount of daily vitamins and nutrients.
Old 19-10-2010, 11:47 PM
SusieQ

You should check out Raw Food World's website -- they have a lot of information and maybe that would help you get some ideas as well?? I also just finished reading Anastasia from the Ringing Cedars series and she is a raw foodist. There are some really interesting takes on diet and divine nutrition and giving your body what you need as well as how to harvest your own vegetables and fruits (if you have a garden) in a way that they are really built for you. I don't know if you've read the book or not, but just thought I would share! :)

I've been tempted to try raw food diet but it's so hard to start because i get so focused on what i am giving up...perhaps you'll inspire me to just DO IT! i'm sure i will find it rewarding the more i read about it!!!

~SusieQ
Old 20-10-2010, 04:35 AM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ
You should check out Raw Food World's website -- they have a lot of information and maybe that would help you get some ideas as well?? I also just finished reading Anastasia from the Ringing Cedars series and she is a raw foodist. There are some really interesting takes on diet and divine nutrition and giving your body what you need as well as how to harvest your own vegetables and fruits (if you have a garden) in a way that they are really built for you. I don't know if you've read the book or not, but just thought I would share! :)

I've been tempted to try raw food diet but it's so hard to start because i get so focused on what i am giving up...perhaps you'll inspire me to just DO IT! i'm sure i will find it rewarding the more i read about it!!!

~SusieQ

I'm going to add the site to my bookmarks. I'm trying to ease into raw. I've been eating alot of junk the past few weeks and I'm trying to detox my body. I actually started having mild withdrawal symptoms today from not putting the junkie stuff in my body.

But hey...like the saying goes, "Nothin' to it but to do it!"
Old 20-10-2010, 10:35 PM
PrincessKLS

I've considered trying the raw food diet but for me, if I could just get myself to eat more fresh plant food and less of the animal products I would be doing good. And decreased my processed food habit.
Old 21-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKLS
I've considered trying the raw food diet but for me, if I could just get myself to eat more fresh plant food and less of the animal products I would be doing good. And decreased my processed food habit.

I like your name (Princess is my real name. ) And yeah! Processed food is my number one dilemma! Cheeseburgers, fries, popeyes, KFC, Taco Bell, Chipotle, you name it, I love it!
Old 21-10-2010, 04:57 PM
PrincessKLS

I like fast food too but I don't eat it all the time like some people.