Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-07-2015, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
I always think though, with all due respect, how does one validate these statements like SGS?? I always hate to appear to doubt anyones integrity but anyone could make up all of this stuff up. I have to admit I went on the site and its brilliantly put together but there surely has to be some validation to support any claims. It's a bit like Natalie Sudmans NDE book. Its quite remarkable and its consistent with things like Michael Newton's books.... BUT it's entirely possible that it's completely made up. I hate to be taken for a fool see. I wish people would take lie detector tests that write these books. I don't think it's unreasonable when people shell out good money and are looking for answers and you are publishing a book of an extraordinary claim!
First of all, Sparrow doesn't ask anyone to believe anything he says, but suggests that one validates whatever resonates within one's own sphere of discernment, understanding , and , well, however you want to validate it.
Toss it all away as being made up if you want ; he doesn't try to make people believe it, just offers perspectives based on his internal vision and experience . The external objectivity angle just isn't a very useful way of looking at this stuff , because you have your own awareness and avenues of vision and experience. Not much happens in that area for you, you say ?

Well, in some ways , not much happens for me , either . I have some vision/experiences (dreams , mostly) , but I've also used and cultivated ways of discernment and thinking that allow me to have a lot of understanding of some things , and awareness of my own existence in many subtle ways in this world, without a deep immersion in Spirit realms. A sort of perception of an overlap in existence between this realm and others . FRom my old ways of thinking, this sort of thing doesn't meet some old ideals and fantasies I had about what being 'spiritual' is , but (as has just been suggested in this thread) I came to see and appreciate more subtle aspects of self-awareness -ones that didn't jump out and smack me in the nose like an NDE , OBE , or whatever- and evolve in new ways that I wouldn't have before (when I was still following a guru , and looking only for certain kinds of awareness , most of which didn't happen anyway) .

The point(s) being that it's up to each of us to determine what we accept and integrate , and there is no external authority in these matters . Personally, I get a lot out of reading Sparrow; my intuition and discernment tell me he has a great connection with Spirit realms , and I accept much of what he describes as being true and real . Parts of me don't 'believe' parts of what he says, but I know not to let such things be a problem . As Sparrow will tell you : take what works for you and leave the rest. This isn't about anyone being right or wrong , making stuff up vs. presenting a book of truths for all to accept , or anyone telling anyone else what to do or what to think.

So , you get to be as discerning as you want to be , and believe what you want to believe , because we all operate as sovereign beings , and get to live as the center of our own 'reality' .
Old 10-07-2015, 01:30 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swami Chihuahuananda
The point(s) being that it's up to each of us to determine what we accept and integrate , and there is no external authority in these matters . Personally, I get a lot out of reading Sparrow; my intuition and discernment tell me he has a great connection with Spirit realms , and I accept much of what he describes as being true and real . Parts of me don't 'believe' parts of what he says, but I know not to let such things be a problem . As Sparrow will tell you : take what works for you and leave the rest. This isn't about anyone being right or wrong , making stuff up vs. presenting a book of truths for all to accept , or anyone telling anyone else what to do or what to think.

Very nicely said Swami Chi !
Old 10-07-2015, 03:43 PM
Master
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
I'm a bit like that; it sounds too good to be true!

Sparrow has already said something like it is natural to be a bit skeptical/ questing about things.
Old 13-07-2015, 05:01 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow
Do I have a house in the spirit world?

There are exact replicas of everything in the physical dimension in the etheric.

it is possible to have an exact replica of your physical home in the afterlife, should you so choose.
Many souls...choose to retire to their home... is a place to ‘hang’ your most dearest objects of reference. This may be in the form of paintings, pictures, books, furniture, musical instruments, sports memorabilia, and whatever else holds meaning for you.

It is also a place your beloved pets or family, who have since passed before or after you, can come and visit you in a familiar environment.
-SPARROW-

Some beliefs are very different from Michael Newtons studies. I don't believe anyone in MN's books reported being able to live in a house or wanting to. The astral world is made of energy, not physical matter. Hanging sports memorabilia in your astral world house? Inviting over friends and family and pets? That sounds kind of like that Robin Williams movie "What Dreams May Come." Newton's books describe the structure of soul groups in depth and "family" is not really an aspect of the astral world. The person who is your father in one life may be a friend in another and a spouse in the next so it's not really family. It's a soul group where everyone plays different roles in different lives.

Also, a lot of people on this planet don't have houses or loving families or can afford to pay for food for an animal pet. I doubt most people would want an astral replica of what earth was like for comfort. It sounds like a comforting description of the afterlife for rich people.

The average income of someone on earth is less than $3000 a year. That's not a lot of money for "paintings, pictures, books, furniture, musical instruments, sports memorabilia,"
Old 13-07-2015, 06:05 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
Some beliefs are very different from Michael Newtons studies. I don't believe anyone in MN's books reported being able to live in a house or wanting to. The astral world is made of energy, not physical matter. Hanging sports memorabilia in your astral world house? Inviting over friends and family and pets? That sounds kind of like that Robin Williams movie "What Dreams May Come." Newton's books describe the structure of soul groups in depth and "family" is not really an aspect of the astral world. The person who is your father in one life may be a friend in another and a spouse in the next so it's not really family. It's a soul group where everyone plays different roles in different lives.

Also, a lot of people on this planet don't have houses or loving families or can afford to pay for food for an animal pet. I doubt most people would want an astral replica of what earth was like for comfort. It sounds like a comforting description of the afterlife for rich people.

The average income of someone on earth is less than $3000 a year. That's not a lot of money for "paintings, pictures, books, furniture, musical instruments, sports memorabilia,"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
Some beliefs are very different from Michael Newtons studies. I don't believe anyone in MN's books reported being able to live in a house or wanting to.
Simple answer to this one, lol ...... maybe Michael Newton just didn't speak to the right people !

I am sure there are many beliefs from other people, other than just Sparrow's, that are different from Michael Newton's studies......

One can believe whoever they choose to believe ....... for the most part, I choose Sparrow

I wouldn't say Sparrow's version is that far off from what is possible .... Heaven/ or the Afterlife is whatever people choose to believe it is.

And if I am reading Sparrow's quote correctly, he didn't say it was an afterlife for the rich. " Many souls... choose to retire to their home "..... doesn't mean the home is a rich one filled with antiques, an art collection by world famous Artists. It could also be a normal person's home with just a few pictures, maybe even family pictures. And in the Afterlife, if I am correct one isn't limited by money, there is no money ! It doesn't even matter what one's income on earth was ......one can have whatever it is they choose to have.

As for inviting over friends and family and pets.... why not ? aren't they in the same location ? LOL ! That isn't that far fetched at all ! I plan to party with my friends and relatives when I get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow
Do I have a house in the spirit world?

There are exact replicas of everything in the physical dimension in the etheric.

it is possible to have an exact replica of your physical home in the afterlife, should you so choose.
Many souls...choose to retire to their home... is a place to ‘hang’ your most dearest objects of reference. This may be in the form of paintings, pictures, books, furniture, musical instruments, sports memorabilia, and whatever else holds meaning for you.

It is also a place your beloved pets or family, who have since passed before or after you, can come and visit you in a familiar environment.
-SPARROW-
Old 13-07-2015, 06:15 AM
Deactivated Account

Sparrow, Sparrow ..... wherefor art thou Sparrow ?

does that count as a question from me ? LOL !

ok, 2nd question.... guess who misses you and your presence here ?

Old 13-07-2015, 11:31 AM
Guide

He'll be here : )
Old 13-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
He'll be here : )

Thanks Justin, I know ...... I am patiently waiting
Old 13-07-2015, 01:33 PM
TesseLated

Indeed it has been awhile....we're lucky to have SGS here at all though I think...

When you come back Sparrow, could you comment on the Law of One material?
Old 13-07-2015, 10:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TesseLated
Indeed it has been awhile....we're lucky to have SGS here at all though I think...

When you come back Sparrow, could you comment on the Law of One material?
Ha! I know what he'll say . "I haven't read that material , as I get all my information from my own inner council and experience , and besides, I'm still wing deep in ' Passeridae of North America and Europe ' "