Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 21-05-2011, 02:31 AM
cosmic jim

Is Astrology and Spritualism Connected

I always thought they were, though i have not heard a mention of it in this section of the forum. I have read a few books by Linda Goodman and it seams to me that spiritualsm astrology go hand in hand. If i em Wrong can some one please enlighten me. thank you
Old 21-05-2011, 07:41 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic jim
I always thought they were, though i have not heard a mention of it in this section of the forum. I have read a few books by Linda Goodman and it seams to me that spiritualsm astrology go hand in hand. If i em Wrong can some one please enlighten me. thank you

Modern Spiritualism - Spiritualism for short, the title of this forum - has no connection with astrology.

But there are many, many psychics dabbling in all manner of such side issues who may appear to have some link with Spiritualism - but that's just an illusion.

Spiritualism needs no such stuff as astrology.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM
deepsea

No way are they connected. Spiritualism is the way to finding out about the next world,our way out when we die.

Astrology is studying the stars and their aspects to one's future or birthsigns.

Deepsea
Old 01-09-2011, 10:37 PM
moksh

u guys are wrong, spritualism and astrology are related in someways. in hinduism eben for a yogi to take mahasamdhi he has to take it in a particular time. we are always under the rule of nature and we got to go wid the harmony. rituals are done at a particular date and time and also lord reincarnates at a certain giben time. so astrology plays a part in spritualism but in a more straight way spirtualism is being one wid the lord
Old 01-09-2011, 10:44 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by moksh
u guys are wrong, spritualism and astrology are related in someways. in hinduism eben for a yogi to take mahasamdhi he has to take it in a particular time. we are always under the rule of nature and we got to go wid the harmony. rituals are done at a particular date and time and also lord reincarnates at a certain giben time. so astrology plays a part in spritualism but in a more straight way spirtualism is being one wid the lord

nonsense - If you'd study what (Modern) Spiritualism is about and then read up on what Astrology claims to be you'd see there's no connection. I'm a Modern Spiritualist so I know there are no similarities....

Whatever 'spiritualism' you may be referring to, Spiritualism - the name of this forum - is not it!
Old 07-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Serenity Bear

Spiritualism as a religion is not in any way related to Astrology, its more of a science (ie electro magnetic spectrums, energy etc) if it can be connected to anything at all.

However if your looking a spirituality in general or the belief of the afterlife then yes it is. The Egyptians had a lot of after death philosophy closely associated with Astrology and the night sky.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:25 AM
Pura Vida

Isn't everything connected ?
Old 12-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Seperate_Reality

Yes and no depending on your definition of spiritualism.
I believe we are each non-physical, immortal, spiritual beings and are not the mortal, physical, human body we operate for a physical experience and look at in a mirror. Therefore, if a spiritual being long ago decided to align itself with certain phases of moons and planets and also use this for direction, as a guide, in today's life and it works for them it could be considered spiritual. When we each look at, evaluate and decide what something is, this is actually spiritual, because we as spiritual beings are doing it.

Spiritualism:the condition or quality of being spiritual

Spiritual: Of, relating to, consisting of, or having the nature of spirit; not tangible or material.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:17 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida
Isn't everything connected ?

The question was "Is astrology and Spiritualism connected?" and not "Is everything connected?" The answer is still 'No'.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:26 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seperate_Reality
Yes and no depending on your definition of spiritualism.
I believe we are each non-physical, immortal, spiritual beings and are not the mortal, physical, human body we operate for a physical experience and look at in a mirror. Therefore, if a spiritual being long ago decided to align itself with certain phases of moons and planets and also use this for direction, as a guide, in today's life and it works for them it could be considered spiritual. When we each look at, evaluate and decide what something is, this is actually spiritual, because we as spiritual beings are doing it.

Spiritualism:the condition or quality of being spiritual

Spiritual: Of, relating to, consisting of, or having the nature of spirit; not tangible or material.

Your answer might be correct if the question had been asked anywhere other than under the heading of 'Religions and Faiths' 'Spiritualism'.

(Modern) Spiritualism in this setting is a legally constituted and legally recognised religion in the UK. It's not just about being spiritual.....

If you were to speak about 'spiritualism' (lower case letter s) under another forum heading then your definition might apply. Under the heading of 'Spiritualism' though (upper case letter S) we are referring to the science, philosophy and religion of Spiritualism.

It's important that these differences are pointed out and I do that regularly.