Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 07-05-2018, 03:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
Physiologically, we are not really constructed to eat meat. From jaws to muscles, to teeth to digestive enzymes to gut design....we are not close to being meat eaters.

If you’re happy being a vegan that’s fine by me….but what you just said here about humans not being physiologically built to consume meat is simply untrue in any number of ways.

For starters all foods of a vegetable nature (non meat protein) are digested on the alkaline side of the Ph scale while meat protein is always digested on the far bottom of the acid side of the Ph scale…..and humans produce large amounts of powerful hydrochloric acid in our stomachs’

So if we are not designed to consume animal protein why did we evolve with stomach chemistry far down the Ph scale to the bottom of the acid range???

If humans are truly meant to be a vegetarian than why is it that that we DO NOT produce the digestive enzyme cellulace (needed to properly digest a purely vegetarian diet) like every other animal on this planet that is a true vegetarian???

From a physiological stand point...our bodies don't even have the metabolic equipment necessary to produce this enzyme...it doesn't exist...its not possible!

And why is it that our digestive chemistry is extremely acid instead of alkaline like every single animal on this planet that is a pure vegetarian???

The answer of course is that Humans are not carnivores or vegetarians….we are true omnivores and meant to eat a bit of everything…..If you want to argue that we are physiologically unsuited for a particular diet....then the diet we are physiologically unsuited for would be vegan!

Does this mean over consumption of red meat is good for you??? Hell no!!!
Over consumption of any single food item is bad!! Over consumption of carbohydrates is just as bad as too much meat and leads to insulin resistance and diabetes.

Look….I understand that you come at this debate from what you consider an ethical argument…and I totally get that…. but the idea that the vegan community uses to try and win over support for that argument…that humans are not designed to consume meat is just pure nonsense.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 07-05-2018, 05:41 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in HD
I’m not sure about the exact details of this story but just looking at some of the comments here I get the general idea of the story. Put aside the child crying for an ice cream and despite the beliefs and moral ground...My niece along with a lot of other children out there have Severe food allergies.. my niece goes into anaphylactic shock if she has exposure to eggs and nuts, she gets upset she can’t have a lot of things other kids have.. realistically and rationally you just don’t know..I can see how she was showing kindness to a child that was upset and that should be celebrated, we certainly can use more empathy in this world right now.. it’s just different times now and too many variables. I wouldn’t like that responsibility.

On another note I just read the last post to this thread, I’m new here on this spiritual forum.. it seems to me that there is more than Speaking your truth and having a discussion that goes on here..I think you can have your voice without letting ego get involved. I thought people would be kinder to each other on here. Giving someone another view.. your view, doesn’t mean you need to take something away from that person in order to do it.. we all can learn something from each encounter..have passion but be kind people.

If you're referring to my post, I'm not trying to be mean. I just don't want to keep going on arguing about this. It's sort of pointless because we're never going to see eye to eye. Also as I said, I'm not doing well. I suffer from MDD and severe anxiety and right now, I'm just not okay. I'm trying to get help, but it's simply not an easy process. So, I just don't have the energy to keep going on and I didn't want to ignore her.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator
I hope you are feeling a little better soon, Lily Belle. It sounds like no fun, what you are coping with at the moment. Kind thoughts.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBelle
If you're referring to my post, I'm not trying to be mean. I just don't want to keep going on arguing about this. It's sort of pointless because we're never going to see eye to eye. Also as I said, I'm not doing well. I suffer from MDD and severe anxiety and right now, I'm just not okay. I'm trying to get help, but it's simply not an easy process. So, I just don't have the energy to keep going on and I didn't want to ignore her.

After reading the toll this thread has taken on you yes I was referring to your post, but not singling you out. Be kind to yourself, and be aware we are attracting what comes our way, wether it’s to clear something we are holding onto or, or learning from what we are reflecting back to someone else.. and in that case it’s not yours so don’t hold onto it. There is peace in surrender.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:02 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
If you’re happy being a vegan that’s fine by me….but what you just said here about humans not being physiologically built to consume meat is simply untrue in any number of ways.

For starters all foods of a vegetable nature (non meat protein) are digested on the alkaline side of the Ph scale while meat protein is always digested on the far bottom of the acid side of the Ph scale…..and humans produce large amounts of powerful hydrochloric acid in our stomachs’

So if we are not designed to consume animal protein why did we evolve with stomach chemistry far down the Ph scale to the bottom of the acid range???

If humans are truly meant to be a vegetarian than why is it that that we DO NOT produce the digestive enzyme cellulace (needed to properly digest a purely vegetarian diet) like every other animal on this planet that is a true vegetarian???

From a physiological stand point...our bodies don't even have the metabolic equipment necessary to produce this enzyme...it doesn't exist...its not possible!

And why is it that our digestive chemistry is extremely acid instead of alkaline like every single animal on this planet that is a pure vegetarian???

The answer of course is that Humans are not carnivores or vegetarians….we are true omnivores and meant to eat a bit of everything…..If you want to argue that we are physiologically unsuited for a particular diet....then the diet we are physiologically unsuited for would be vegan!

Does this mean over consumption of red meat is good for you??? Hell no!!!
Over consumption of any single food item is bad!! Over consumption of carbohydrates is just as bad as too much meat and leads to insulin resistance and diabetes.

Look….I understand that you come at this debate from what you consider an ethical argument…and I totally get that…. but the idea that the vegan community uses to try and win over support for that argument…that humans are not designed to consume meat is just pure nonsense.

I always like to defer to physiology when looking at the issue of what a species is supposed to eat. And because I am not a scientist or a doctor, it only makes sense to further defer to those who are. This video by Dr. Ochoa breaks it down in the simplest terms and explains why we are built to eat plants. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4NsMiOMmCY

It also addresses the PH question. I very much encourage you to watch it.

While I strongly encourage you to learn about our physiology via the above video, I have a sneaking suspicion that it is is unlikely (not impossible mind you) that you will watch. The only reason I say that is past experience in discussions on this topic. Regardless, Dr. Sofia’s video argues against every idea that you’ve proposed. I also know that habits and traditions are hard to change and particularly where the benefits are not immediate (might take longer than a week to show up) or may be more in favour of another.

One question that I would ask you (as you are so firm in your conviction that a vegan diet is going against design) why would Texas Midland Memorial Hospital (along with two other hospitals that I’ve heard about) make a vegan diet their foremost suggestion for meals for patients in that facility. Why also would they offer classes on learning to cook plant based only, for staff and outpatients?
Old 09-05-2018, 05:20 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBelle
Debrah, I'm going to be completely honest with you, I'm in a bad place at the moment due to personal issues so, I'm kind of done with this whole conversation. I'm tired of arguing with people.

I'll just say this, no you can't healthily raise a baby on a vegan diet. It's simply not healthy.

Those were your kids, but no you shouldn't force a child to eat something they don't like. This was someone else's child, don't try to force your beliefs on them.

This whole thing was completely blown out of proportion and wrong.

Alright, now everyone knows my two cents, I'm done. Have fun.

I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well these days and I do hope that things improve for you in that regard. And you may or may not see this response, but I'm going to put it out there anyway because the points made are such that others need to think about this too.

Your initial statement (or one of them) was that 'no one should force their beliefs on another' with the reference being 'vegans telling meat eaters they shouldn't eat animals'. In turn I told you about making my children learn to eat their meat and now you're telling me I'm wrong for making my children eat their meat. Which is it? My sole purpose was to remind all of the readers that meat eating folks are equally engaged in 'forcing their dietary beliefs on others'. Whether by forcing their children to learn to accept meat or by the avalanche of meat advertising and promotion that we vegans are required to endure in our society.

It seems to me, the one truth to look for in deciding what to do is to ask, 'does anyone benefit, does anyone suffer?' In the case of the vegan diet, the beneficiaries are both the animals and the humans (and the environment). In the case of the meat inclusive diet, the answer is equally obvious, no one benefits. The meat causes disease processes, most assuredly is the cause of tremendous suffering for all the animals throughout their lives, and is disastrous for the planet. The short term benefit of the meat inclusive diet (not hungry for that moment) can be met by a plethora of plant foods.

As to the myth that healthy children can't be raised on a vegan diet, I respectfully disagree. And in fact even the Mayo Clinic and the American Dietetic Association to name two, have also stated that it is entirely possible to do just that. Considering the vast numbers of meat eating children that are suffering from obesity and other related health issues at younger and younger ages, it would seem to me that pointing at a vegan diet for it's dangers is a little misplaced.

Again, if you happen to come by here, hope you get better soon.