Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Newbie ;)

What does it feel like to astral project?

Hi,
I am interested in mechanics of AP.
Could someone describe the difference of perception (visual & bodily) - compared to the perception of walking life xp?

I had one AP experience where I flew out of the dream into some colors? When I opened my eyes I found myself lying in bed vibrating like mad, so I know it wasn't a dream. However, after trying for a couple of months, I am still not able to project at will. I hope that better understanding of the perception one has while there, I could devise / tweak my method to getting there.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:41 PM
Administrator
Hello

Its a vibration that is hard to describe when one is out of the body its pure energy and there is nothing physical in the feelings around it. Its not even like being witlessness, its a nothingness as one is no longer physical.

The vibration was likely:

Torso Energy Surge:

The Torso Energy Surge is a surge of energy located in the torso area of the body. This surge can flow down into the legs but mostly its centered in at lower back area (Pelvis) area and the abdomen.

It can feel like a sensation of dropping suddenly. Like when one steps unexpectedly in a dip along a path.

This sensation most often happens when one is laying on one’s back and when one is in a state of almost drifting off to sleep. One is trying simply NOT to enter that sleep state.

What causes this surge? It is thought that its an emotionally triggered that arises from the Heart Charka Centre. That is the centre where one leaves the body, so it is thought that the energy levels might well double in intensity as one readies to leave the physical body. This often gives one the need to grab onto something, often it be the sides of one’s bed.

Many find the Astral Travel thing hard to obtain.

This was given to me a long time ago before I knew what I did naturally was Astral Travel.

Quiet your mind. Clear your thoughts. In your mind think....

I am going to count down from 3 - 1, visualizing each number on a white ball of light suspended in the air above my head. When I reach that third and final (1) my body will be deeply relaxed. I will have no awareness of physical sensations. I will not perceive of any physical discomforts. My consciousness will be focused on my “Astral Body."

Starting with the number 3 visualize the White ball of light and start to relax the body. Do this three or four time.

Then move to the number 2 your now in an even greater state of relaxation. You’re now aware of physical sensations or vibration; you’re getting ready entering your Astral Body. Again, do this three of four times.

Then move to the number 1 your consciousness is now in your “Astral Body”. Again, do this number 1 three or four times.

This will hold you in your “Astral Body” state. There is no time frame involved the best thing do to though is to try and keep mind "chatter" down. This is idle thoughts that get in the way. The best way to handle these thought is simply to push them away as they come to you, some use a broom and sweep them.

What this exercise does is get you used to the vibrations or feeling of the “Astral body” and what it feels like. This is not yet that exit point, this is a first step to understand more of how it feels.

When your comfortable with the process then you can go to the next step which is “stepping out” but do not go too far, start slow looking down at your body and around the room your in. Like all things take your time and take it in steps before one wanders too far out. In one Workshop I was a part of this was a 6-month process to where most were at that place of comfort to freely travel.

Hope that this might help some. Too patients nothing happens overnight....

These are just some thoughts I have on the topic, I came into this life being able to simple think and step out. I had to reverse learn how to explain it all to others and in workshops teach it.

Lynn
Old 11-01-2018, 03:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Its a vibration that is hard to describe when one is out of the body its pure energy and there is nothing physical in the feelings around it. Its not even like being witlessness, its a nothingness as one is no longer physical.

The vibration was likely:

Torso Energy Surge:

The Torso Energy Surge is a surge of energy located in the torso area of the body. This surge can flow down into the legs but mostly its centered in at lower back area (Pelvis) area and the abdomen.

It can feel like a sensation of dropping suddenly. Like when one steps unexpectedly in a dip along a path.

This sensation most often happens when one is laying on one’s back and when one is in a state of almost drifting off to sleep. One is trying simply NOT to enter that sleep state.

What causes this surge? It is thought that its an emotionally triggered that arises from the Heart Charka Centre. That is the centre where one leaves the body, so it is thought that the energy levels might well double in intensity as one readies to leave the physical body. This often gives one the need to grab onto something, often it be the sides of one’s bed.

Many find the Astral Travel thing hard to obtain.

This was given to me a long time ago before I knew what I did naturally was Astral Travel.

Quiet your mind. Clear your thoughts. In your mind think....

I am going to count down from 3 - 1, visualizing each number on a white ball of light suspended in the air above my head. When I reach that third and final (1) my body will be deeply relaxed. I will have no awareness of physical sensations. I will not perceive of any physical discomforts. My consciousness will be focused on my “Astral Body."

Starting with the number 3 visualize the White ball of light and start to relax the body. Do this three or four time.

Then move to the number 2 your now in an even greater state of relaxation. You’re now aware of physical sensations or vibration; you’re getting ready entering your Astral Body. Again, do this three of four times.

Then move to the number 1 your consciousness is now in your “Astral Body”. Again, do this number 1 three or four times.

This will hold you in your “Astral Body” state. There is no time frame involved the best thing do to though is to try and keep mind "chatter" down. This is idle thoughts that get in the way. The best way to handle these thought is simply to push them away as they come to you, some use a broom and sweep them.

What this exercise does is get you used to the vibrations or feeling of the “Astral body” and what it feels like. This is not yet that exit point, this is a first step to understand more of how it feels.

When your comfortable with the process then you can go to the next step which is “stepping out” but do not go too far, start slow looking down at your body and around the room your in. Like all things take your time and take it in steps before one wanders too far out. In one Workshop I was a part of this was a 6-month process to where most were at that place of comfort to freely travel.

Hope that this might help some. Too patients nothing happens overnight....

These are just some thoughts I have on the topic, I came into this life being able to simple think and step out. I had to reverse learn how to explain it all to others and in workshops teach it.

Lynn

Thanks Lynn. So well said.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:00 AM
Guide

Hello No question :)

I have astral projected multiple ways.... and 2 of the main ways I projected were through dreams and by doing it consciously..... These both feel different if you are really observant to it. I can tell you want thing it is very hard to concentrate on things in these higher realms without practice... I find it better to astral project consciously because your normal senses as well as your astral senses will be operating better with each other than if you astral projected through dreams.

What do they feel like:
Astral Projecting through Dreams is being super intoxicated and not completely being in control of your senses... and at the same time it is probably not good for you or the other astral people if you are doing it this way because you may think your still dreaming and you are unpredictable....

Astral projecting consciously you will feel as if you are in your real body but you will feel very light. like you are weightless and you will be aware of the sensation of emotions... A equilibrium state for feels like a steady breeze that covers my body at all times. As for a more detail in the sensations of emotions this means that you will really feel emotions strongly. If you have ever had a scary dream and felt completely scared or a happy dream and felt completely amazing that is the type of feelings you get with conscious projecting.

I think the secret to astral projecting is... having energy to project and not being sleepy when you try to do it otherwise you may fall asleep before you get there.... you are still using your consciousness to drive and if its sleepy.... you will fall asleep driving lol.. but your higher self will take over at that point so dont be afraid just a metaphor.. lol. Not like real life.

I think that your guardians or higher self may have done this to start you on your spiritual path... this was like a sample of fine cheese that piqued your curiosity as to the maker... and now you want to find who sells so that you can have it... So if you really want to do it... buy the books... read the books... practice the books... talk about it.... think about it.... day dream about it.... and it will happen.. because you have created a "desire"

Not to jinx you but if you accidentally had it and asked about it because you weren't able to do it again... you probably have to go that route to learning about it. Who knows lol :)

Good luck!
Old 13-01-2018, 03:12 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks Lynn & Gem.

@SkyGodWarrior
Quote:
Astral projecting consciously you will feel as if you are in your real body but you will feel very light. like you are weightless and you will be aware of the sensation of emotions... A equilibrium state for feels like a steady breeze that covers my body at all times. As for a more detail in the sensations of emotions this means that you will really feel emotions strongly. If you have ever had a scary dream and felt completely scared or a happy dream and felt completely amazing that is the type of feelings you get with conscious projecting.

Thanks for sharing.
I have been practicing techniques where I transfer my consciousness to a place other than my physical body. I used to walk and swim.
Lately I have changed it a bit,
now I am doing my kung fu form in my mind while lying down.
I am lately able to 'feel' my other hands in my mind, and they are, as you say, 'very light'.
I have not been able to 'detach' completely from my physical body, but I presume that will happen on its own, as I immerse in those 'light' bodily feelings more.
Thanks again.
Old 14-01-2018, 07:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by noQuestion
Hi,
I am interested in mechanics of AP.
Could someone describe the difference of perception (visual & bodily) - compared to the perception of walking life xp?

I had one AP experience where I flew out of the dream into some colors? When I opened my eyes I found myself lying in bed vibrating like mad, so I know it wasn't a dream. However, after trying for a couple of months, I am still not able to project at will. I hope that better understanding of the perception one has while there, I could devise / tweak my method to getting there.

it often feels like real life, except I dont recognize it until I am back in real life.

I expect at will takes many more years than I have been experiencing it. Maybe 2 months experience on accident, might be 2 years before I have full control.
Old 14-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Guide

@Noquestion

Instead of trying to feel your astral body physically try feeling your body emotionally. :)
Old 16-01-2018, 03:41 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGodWarrior
@Noquestion

Instead of trying to feel your astral body physically try feeling your body emotionally. :)

Still not sure if I understood correctly what you meant, and I don't understand what exactly is now different, but I do feel the improvement in my practice.
Thanks!
Old 18-01-2018, 04:06 AM
Guide

hmm.... feeling your body emotionally.....

pinch yourself...... you feel the pain? That is an emotional response sent to your brain as information. Gently Blow on your hand... "feel" the cool air hitting your hand? Imagine how it would feel if this same wind or pressure you were "feeling" was all over your body.

Notice how you feel right now...... bring your awareness to your hand and then your arm and then your upper body and then eventually your whole body. Most of the time we dont feel something or tune into it unless we hurt our selves in that area.... Think of a time where you were angry... anger is an easy emotion to feel for me that I am working on transmuting. Or the time you got in a fight.... do you feel the emotion that is coming over your body? Do you feel where it originates from? If you are able to switch your awareness from your physical being to your emotional being you will be tuning into your emotional or astral body. hahah if you dont get any of this now... just think about it for a while and ask your guardians to help you understand. If you still dont understand after months lol... just meditate eventually you will understand but at the same time this information isnt needed to achieve states of astral consciousness.

:) Good luck