Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Master
I wonder how many babies who are in the process of being born feel fear? Do they feel the same fear that people feel when they are dying? I bet they do, because it's a birth just like death is. Death is a birth. Spiritlite

Wow! Good stuff! Never looked at birth compared to death that way.
Old 13-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Portocala and Xan suggested indirectly that the silence is the natural state. That nothingness that you experience when you are in deep dreamless sleep. Is this the sweet oblivion you refer to ?

Hmmm, I guess I was just thinkingin terms of all of our imaginings are just that, and that when we die, that's the end, the brick wall, nothingness. No consciousness, awake or asleep. Oblivion ~ nothing.

Old 13-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Lisa you must have posted at the same time as me,

Am I to understand the event as a time of jubilation to you also?

Was it the Oh Baby or the cheerful emoticon?

YES!

But I bet yours has something to do with the afterlife. Yes?
Old 13-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Neville

Hello shepherd,

Quote:
i'm not going to create a fantasy to look forward to,

It is indeed speculation. and quiet possibly a "fantasy", Does your attitude towards this eventuality have any effect upon how you feel about it?

You indeed enjoy your existence now so is the thought of the inevitable pushed aside, overlooked , somewhere to the back of your mind, suppressed, because it is not relevant now?

In this respect , when the time comes it could be quiet terrifying for you, to that end there may be some merit in cultivating a positive attitude towards death. perhaps more so because none of us really knows when it's our turn.

Good thought provoking responses so far from all,

thankyou.
Old 13-01-2011, 07:42 PM
shepherd

Another point, a friend of mine said to me they were not bothered about what they didn't get to do this life as they simply would do it in another. This got me thinking and I decided I didn't want to be complacent or apathetic about this life as it might be that there isn't another to jump into and continue.

Also I wonder if people looking forward to the peace when they die are living a life where peace is abit scarce hence the looking forward to the rest. Its the ultimate rest though isnt it? Understandable that people fantasise about dying especially when mentally knackered.
Old 13-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Neville

Hello WhiteShaman,

Quote:
Good stuff! Never looked at birth compared to death that way.

Yes, they are both part of the same cycle. It makes me wonder whether death is a different kind of birth.
Old 13-01-2011, 07:46 PM
shepherd

Quote:
t is indeed speculation. and quiet possibly a "fantasy", Does your attitude towards this eventuality have any effect upon how you feel about it?

You indeed enjoy your existence now so is the thought of the inevitable pushed aside, overlooked , somewhere to the back of your mind, suppressed, because it is not relevant now?

In this respect , when the time comes it could be quiet terrifying for you, to that end there may be some merit in cultivating a positive attitude towards death. perhaps more so because none of us really knows when it's our turn.

I have thought about it a lot and whilst there could possibly be some underlying fears in the back of the cupboard somewhere, consciously I don't fear my death unless its a long drawn out affair or very painful and terrifying due to being eaten whilst alive ( sharks etc). I think like most people I would like to just go to sleep and have that last realisation "yes I did it and loved it" maybe a mental punch in the air.

Do you think people would be looking forward to their death if they felt their lives were amazing?
Old 13-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Neville

Hi shepherd,

"Understandable that people fantasise about dying especially when mentally knackered."

I think some are physically,emotionally and spiritually exhausted also
Old 13-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Neville

Quote:
Do you think people would be looking forward to their death if they felt their lives were amazing?

No, but some preparation, psychologically speaking may well be helpful.
Old 13-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Master
Death I don’t have any real feelings about………but dying, I do.
I will admit that I find myself thinking at times how weird it is that we all will die someday. It’s just weird.
Facing death and dying are 2 totally different things though.
Facing death freaks me out. I have many mixed emotions when I think about that happening. This goes from feelings similar to getting on a roller coaster to feelings of sadness for my life and its relationships ending. I figure that is because I have such a zeal for life and an equal zeal for what may come next.
Some people die without having to face it………………..I wonder if that is a blessing or not. Maybe the act of dying is like when we get off the roller coaster where we have forgotten how scared we were to get on and shout “I want to do it again” lol
James