Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Pathfinder
Interesting thread...

I am in two minds about Heaven and Hell. I grew up a Catholic and remained that way until my early 20's. I was searching......for something and God and the Catholic Church couldn't answer all my questions. If anything, there were even more questions than ever. I became a Pagan, then later was dedicated into Spiritualism. I was completely happy and content for well over 10 years.

This last year, only since my son started at a Catholic school, have I felt that I was wanting to return to the Catholic religion.

I started attending mass again, but found the more I looked into the religion, again the more questions I had. Many people helped me, there was a lot of support in the parish office. I told the pastor that I struggled with the hell thing. I just could not believe that people in my life (and my very Atheist sister) would end up there, forever. I was told that 'hell' doesn't really come into the religion a lot anymore, like it use to years ago. It's more about the belief in God, doing his will etc, etc. (well this I struggled with too, but that's another story)

So today, as I am trying to become more 'open' with my beliefs again, as I once was, when I was a Pagan and Spiritualist, I belive in Heaven (the Summerlands) for sure. A place that your soul can return to, even if only for a short moment. If you have lived you life well, and learnt all of the lessons you were meant to learn, you stay there, if not, you are reincarnated. I think it's cool, you get another chance. I think we cannot truly have the gift of heaven until our soul is cleared and pure. Does that make sense? That's how I see it.....it is a bit of a Spiritualist's perspective.

Hell....well, I have watched many scary stories on YouTube. I think it is possible, but also, it is possible that built up guilt etc has caused this person to feel like they are in this hell place....I don't know, it's a tough question really.
Old 14-12-2011, 11:02 AM
mac

"If you have lived you life well, and learnt all of the lessons you were meant to learn, you stay there, if not, you are reincarnated. I think it's cool, you get another chance. I think we cannot truly have the gift of heaven until our soul is cleared and pure. Does that make sense? That's how I see it.....it is a bit of a Spiritualist's perspective."

It is a bit of a Spiritualist perspective but with important issues left out, bits needed for a broader understanding.... You're kinda there but kinda not.

I can speak only
in respect of the Spiritualist perspective and without making any comparisons with Paganism or Roman Catholicism which are not my field.
Old 14-12-2011, 11:52 AM
gerrygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yassi
From what I've read so far on the forum I've come to conclusion that the vast majority of the people believe in reincarnation.
I'm just wondering what happened in your life that you stopped believing in rewards and punishments system in heaven and hell?

My beliefs have changed even though being raise catholic, mostly because seeing an angel at age 7 standing next to the priest in my church while he said during sermon that " if we didnt confess our sins to him (the priest) we are destined to hell and damnation" and the glowing being standing next to him said to me, that isnt true, God loves you! That was 40 years ago, much has changed in terms of peoples beliefs, in recent years, and luckily they must have been given the same nformation as myself for so many others to come to this conclusion,in terms of rencarnation and soul development through many lifetimes, because religion likes to preach FEAR in order to keep their numbers. As its only religion that states "heaven and hell" as being options, NOT God.

Thinking logically, the purpose of the soul is to lean how to BE, to be in line wth the teachings of Jesus, for example. so think about, this man was the son of God, a being who could heal preach Gods work at a time in history whre Gods law was non existant. So who was this man? A freak of genetic nature, a mystic, OR a true son of God? A prophit? So how did he suddenly become this wise or knowleagable? Cant blame genetics? Why are there so many on this planet now and before now, like Ghandi, Mother Theresa, the Delai Lama? Again just freeks of nature or OLD souls? People like these who have come among us, since the time of Jesus have come here to teach us love humility and enlightenment. This is why older souls who see this, and can see and know that Old souls like Jesus chose, knowing they will be persecuted judged and suffer for the most part, come here time and time again to help us understand, WE are divine in our own right, part of the divine spark, therefore the choices we make, the thoughts we project, actually in the physical real create the concept of heaven or HELL! Therefore we ARE and we create what we think, we therefore chose to manifest in THIS lifetime the product of who we chose to be. The spirit realm is a place where we return home back to the divine spirit to heal and learn, and if necessary, come back to again teach others.

There are planes of existance that contain superior beings of light and dark, these exist to also teach us, to show us who we are, where we are in our soul development, and show us our potential, and challenge us in terms of free will. WE are for all intent and purposes our own hell and heaven, its mostly about our personal perspective on life
Old 14-12-2011, 11:52 AM
gerrygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yassi
From what I've read so far on the forum I've come to conclusion that the vast majority of the people believe in reincarnation.
I'm just wondering what happened in your life that you stopped believing in rewards and punishments system in heaven and hell?

My beliefs have changed even though being raise catholic, mostly because seeing an angel at age 7 standing next to the priest in my church while he said during sermon that " if we didnt confess our sins to him (the priest) we are destined to hell and damnation" and the glowing being standing next to him said to me, that isnt true, God loves you! That was 40 years ago, much has changed in terms of peoples beliefs, in recent years, and luckily they must have been given the same nformation as myself for so many others to come to this conclusion,in terms of rencarnation and soul development through many lifetimes, because religion likes to preach FEAR in order to keep their numbers. As its only religion that states "heaven and hell" as being options, NOT God.

Thinking logically, the purpose of the soul is to lean how to BE, to be in line wth the teachings of Jesus, for example. so think about, this man was the son of God, a being who could heal preach Gods work at a time in history whre Gods law was non existant. So who was this man? A freak of genetic nature, a mystic, OR a true son of God? A prophit? So how did he suddenly become this wise or knowleagable? Cant blame genetics? Why are there so many on this planet now and before now, like Ghandi, Mother Theresa, the Delai Lama? Again just freeks of nature or OLD souls? People like these who have come among us, since the time of Jesus have come here to teach us love humility and enlightenment. This is why older souls who see this, and can see and know that Old souls like Jesus chose, knowing they will be persecuted judged and suffer for the most part, come here time and time again to help us understand, WE are divine in our own right, part of the divine spark, therefore the choices we make, the thoughts we project, actually in the physical real create the concept of heaven or HELL! Therefore we ARE and we create what we think, we therefore chose to manifest in THIS lifetime the product of who we chose to be. The spirit realm is a place where we return home back to the divine spirit to heal and learn, and if necessary, come back to again teach others.

There are planes of existance that contain superior beings of light and dark, these exist to also teach us, to show us who we are, where we are in our soul development, and show us our potential, and challenge us in terms of free will. WE are for all intent and purposes our own hell and heaven, its mostly about our personal perspective on life
Old 14-12-2011, 11:53 AM
gerrygirl

Old 14-12-2011, 12:04 PM
gerrygirl

Another situation that convince me that there HAS to be reincarnation at a very young age was my brother! Born of the same parents, as myself, he was nasty, vindictive and narrow minded! My siblings and I were all raised he same way, but my brothers behavour and attitude towards others caued me to question GENETICS. At 11 I went to the library and got out a book on metaphysics, as his attitude convinced me, that if we come here only once, and as siblings we have the same genetic code, and genetic history, then why is it Im able to be so loving and tolerant of others and my brother is so neanderthal ln his attitude towards others? This is when I understood the concept of soul history and development I was lucky enough at a young age to have a sibling that showed me that if we are to make the leap from human being to enlighted soul, it cant be done in one lifetime if that was the case, then we would all be born with the same level of compassion
Old 14-12-2011, 12:29 PM
mac

I'm guessing that sending a triple posting was a mistake down to inexperience on this website rather than for emphasis of the points you make?
Old 15-12-2011, 04:31 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"If you have lived you life well, and learnt all of the lessons you were meant to learn, you stay there, if not, you are reincarnated. I think it's cool, you get another chance. I think we cannot truly have the gift of heaven until our soul is cleared and pure. Does that make sense? That's how I see it.....it is a bit of a Spiritualist's perspective."

It is a bit of a Spiritualist perspective but with important issues left out, bits needed for a broader understanding.... You're kinda there but kinda not.

I can speak only
in respect of the Spiritualist perspective and without making any comparisons with Paganism or Roman Catholicism which are not my field.

Hi Mac,

Yes I did say "bit". I am not really a Spiritualist anymore and really prefer not to 'call' myself anything these days. I think this is the beauty of all the different belief systems. You can just accept what sort of sits with you, and there's nothing wrong with that. Because I have experienced a few different religions, I do sort of pick and choose what I prefer....and don't we all to a certain extent.

I am no where near closer to understanding heaven and hell, or anything really. I am still in touch with the Reverand from my old spiritual church, she is wonderful, and helps keep me 'grounded', and also helps me to continue to keep an open mind.
Old 15-12-2011, 07:54 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eyes
Hi Mac,

Yes I did say "bit". I am not really a Spiritualist anymore and really prefer not to 'call' myself anything these days. I think this is the beauty of all the different belief systems. You can just accept what sort of sits with you, and there's nothing wrong with that. Because I have experienced a few different religions, I do sort of pick and choose what I prefer....and don't we all to a certain extent.

I am no where near closer to understanding heaven and hell, or anything really. I am still in touch with the Reverand from my old spiritual church, she is wonderful, and helps keep me 'grounded', and also helps me to continue to keep an open mind.

I shall hope you eventually find what you may be seeking...

One thing gives me cause for concern. I once made the mistake of keeping my mind open, listening to personal beliefs and ideas. I listened because I trusted the assurance they were spiritual guidance.

Only later did I realise how deluded the givers were and how my open mind had become filled by their garbage.

I hope you won't have such an experience.
Old 23-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Bhishma

I believe we create our own Hell