Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-07-2018, 11:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
It was more for the cultivation of discernment and Gnosis in the seeking of truth and understanding, and it was very useful to me in my formative times.

Sometimes in order to be true to ourselves we don't need anyone to tango with, and very often an incompatible tango partner is worse than no partner at all especially when all there is to gain is crushed toes. Few people enjoy listening to a radio station that's out of tune, few people enjoy their nerves being grated on constantly. I'm a very vibration-sensitive person and frankly and especially this past while back there's very little in here that resonates with me. You see David, you can be solitary with a roomful of people and when someone is talking directly to you.
This is also very true.

I have met many people on this forum, spoken to and interacted with many as well and we are all on the 'spiritual path' but I also don't really feel all that 'connected' to anybody on a deep soul-level.

I am not really empathetic and can't judge the 'vibes' well, but when I stated before that I felt a connection to Still Waters...I mean, ever since he corrected me on my interpretation of the Mandukya Upanishad...ever since he told me about the 'vanishing Sadhu' at the Kumbh Mela...ever since we discussed how to break the Rudra Granthi (the knot of limited perception), I felt like finally there's somebody on here who seems to be on exactly the same page that I am on. He 'groks' me at a level that goes beyond the mind...the level that I need.

Meanwhile, everything I post tends to go over everybody else's head and I am tempted to make reference to the Vesica Pisces and the female reproductive anatomy...but I will let that one pass. lol
Old 21-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Meanwhile, everything I post tends to go over everybody else's head and
I am tempted to make reference to the Vesica Pisces and the female
reproductive anatomy...but I will let that one pass. lol
That's very funny!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-07-2018, 10:12 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
This is also very true.

I have met many people on this forum, spoken to and interacted with many as well and we are all on the 'spiritual path' but I also don't really feel all that 'connected' to anybody on a deep soul-level.

I am not really empathetic and can't judge the 'vibes' well, but when I stated before that I felt a connection to Still Waters...I mean, ever since he corrected me on my interpretation of the Mandukya Upanishad...ever since he told me about the 'vanishing Sadhu' at the Kumbh Mela...ever since we discussed how to break the Rudra Granthi (the knot of limited perception), I felt like finally there's somebody on here who seems to be on exactly the same page that I am on. He 'groks' me at a level that goes beyond the mind...the level that I need.

Meanwhile, everything I post tends to go over everybody else's head and I am tempted to make reference to the Vesica Pisces and the female reproductive anatomy...but I will let that one pass. lol
It might be small consolation but... Einstein said the genius is being able to hold two opposing concepts in the mind at the same time. He also said that science without religion is lame and religion without science is blind.

Yeah I'd let that one pass too, because I'd reference a field within the medical profession.

Sometimes you've got to sift through all the not-grok to find that little sliver of grok, but it's worth it every time. And yes, I did read the book many years ago. Just curious though, what's your interest in the vanishing Sadhu?
Old 22-07-2018, 10:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
It might be small consolation but... Einstein said the genius is being able to hold two opposing concepts in the mind at the same time. He also said that science without religion is lame and religion without science is blind.

Yeah I'd let that one pass too, because I'd reference a field within the medical profession.

Sometimes you've got to sift through all the not-grok to find that little sliver of grok, but it's worth it every time. And yes, I did read the book many years ago. Just curious though, what's your interest in the vanishing Sadhu?
Well, I would give my eye teeth to go to a Kumbh Mela and disappear among the crowd of naked, ash-smeared nagas, never to be seen again...Still Waters has been to the Kumbh Mela and I have 'spiritual jealousy'. lol When he relates tales about his experiences that I would like to experience myself, I am transfixed, like a child who dreams of far away places.

Genius may be able to hold two opposing concepts in the mind at the same time, but the one with Asperger's Disorder will go "what the f***???"
Old 22-07-2018, 12:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Well, I would give my eye teeth to go to a Kumbh Mela and disappear among the crowd of naked, ash-smeared nagas, never to be seen again...Still Waters has been to the Kumbh Mela and I have 'spiritual jealousy'. lol When he relates tales about his experiences that I would like to experience myself, I am transfixed, like a child who dreams of far away places.

Genius may be able to hold two opposing concepts in the mind at the same time, but the one with Asperger's Disorder will go "what the f***???"
Speaking of holding two opposing concepts in mind at the same time, try on this one for size: 'Up' implies a 'down'. LOL

https://qz.com/80753/cleaning-up-aft...lion-pilgrims/
Old 22-07-2018, 01:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Speaking of holding two opposing concepts in mind at the same time, try on this one for size: 'Up' implies a 'down'. LOL

https://qz.com/80753/cleaning-up-aft...lion-pilgrims/
It is just poor organisation...but what do you expect from a 6 week gathering of 100 million plus pilgrims and tourists on the size of an area about as large as Manhattan Island?

Of course the 'green brigade' will lobby for the Kumbh to be banned, but it has been going on since time immemorial and brings in a lot of revenue....so good luck with that.

Meanwhile, all the Nagas and Sadhus will return back to the Himalayas and sit in meditation for the next 12 years, not giving a damn either way. I will join them.
Old 22-07-2018, 02:00 PM
Master
As for holding two opposing concepts in my mind simultaneously....If I am unable to do that with the "Double Slit Experiment" I am pretty much doomed at trying it with anything else. lol
Old 22-07-2018, 02:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Meanwhile, all the Nagas and Sadhus will return back to the Himalayas and sit in meditation for the next 12 years, not giving a damn either way. I will join them.
Bravado is 'cheap'!
Old 22-07-2018, 02:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Bravado is 'cheap'!
Of course I will totally ignore those who lift boulders with their penis or walk with spiky nail shoes...I am above 'bravado' and not all sects like to hold one arm up in the air for 20 years until their fingernails grow through their palms or smoke chillum until they defecate where they sit, ya know?
Old 22-07-2018, 02:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Of course I will totally ignore those who lift boulders with their penis or walk with spiky nail shoes...I am above 'bravado' and not all sects like to hold one arm up in the air for 20 years until their fingernails grow through their palms or smoke chillum until they defecate where they sit, ya know?
You speak with a forked-tongue, bravado-based (in my view, that is) one.