Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-01-2018, 03:49 AM
Administrator
Hello

I was raised Anglican and I was also born a Medium the two did not seem to mix well growing up. To the times are more open now than when I was 6 years old LOL a long time ago now. I might well have been locked away in the "rubber room of life" if I did not obey my Dad and not openly discuss it. That did not stop me from talking in private to the Pastor / Father ext what ever one chooses to call them.....for answers as I grew older. Told always "child do not talk of such things" and that was that.

It was at 13 that I refused to go anymore and I looked to God as being nothing and nothingness, but I did explore the counter to God being Satan or the Devil as that was more interesting at the time.

What is God, symbolism that came from God's to one being, something that helped maybe manage and well control a colony or society. I now call things Universal Divine White Light" and to some that is God. I do feel that there is a Universal energy, but not intellect or entity. That place of oneness, that Universe or "oneness".

I do feel that the Universe is an energy field and that we are all a collective of that time and space. Is there a controller or gate keeper to it all I am not sure on that one, more I feel as we are all connected by our DNA that one some level we have a say in our own aspects of where we are at.

As we are in a Universe (unless life is just a fantasy) then what else is out there is a part of what we share, just that the vastness keeps it separate for now. We know that if we set off a probe it keeps going until we loose its signal strength. Unless it hits that "unseen wall" at the end.

I do not feel there is pure awareness, that the Universal Consciousness is there but we do not get to have full access to what is there. I do feel there is a Soul Contract we come in with and that our Soul is Universal in where it can go.

I was raised that God was the end all and be all, that I had to pray and obey, but I left that and I am still here.

I so remember being told.....

(Leviticus 19:31) King James Version

“Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.”

(James 1:5 )King James Version

“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”

This sadly left a bad taste on me. I get told so many times by one's I am a "blessing from God, and that God gave me great 'gifts'. " Yet I was told never talk on such......so where does one stand. "Alone in the darkest of places."

So, what do you believe God is? Do you view God as an intelligent entity? Or maybe an undefinable field of "energy" throughout the universe? Is God pure awareness?

I do like your questions.

Lynn
Old 28-01-2018, 04:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

I was raised Anglican and I was also born a Medium the two did not seem to mix well growing up. To the times are more open now than when I was 6 years old LOL a long time ago now. I might well have been locked away in the "rubber room of life" if I did not obey my Dad and not openly discuss it. That did not stop me from talking in private to the Pastor / Father ext what ever one chooses to call them.....for answers as I grew older. Told always "child do not talk of such things" and that was that.

It was at 13 that I refused to go anymore and I looked to God as being nothing and nothingness, but I did explore the counter to God being Satan or the Devil as that was more interesting at the time.

What is God, symbolism that came from God's to one being, something that helped maybe manage and well control a colony or society. I now call things Universal Divine White Light" and to some that is God. I do feel that there is a Universal energy, but not intellect or entity. That place of oneness, that Universe or "oneness".

I do feel that the Universe is an energy field and that we are all a collective of that time and space. Is there a controller or gate keeper to it all I am not sure on that one, more I feel as we are all connected by our DNA that one some level we have a say in our own aspects of where we are at.

As we are in a Universe (unless life is just a fantasy) then what else is out there is a part of what we share, just that the vastness keeps it separate for now. We know that if we set off a probe it keeps going until we loose its signal strength. Unless it hits that "unseen wall" at the end.

I do not feel there is pure awareness, that the Universal Consciousness is there but we do not get to have full access to what is there. I do feel there is a Soul Contract we come in with and that our Soul is Universal in where it can go.

I was raised that God was the end all and be all, that I had to pray and obey, but I left that and I am still here.

I so remember being told.....

(Leviticus 19:31) King James Version

“Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.”

(James 1:5 )King James Version

“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”

This sadly left a bad taste on me. I get told so many times by one's I am a "blessing from God, and that God gave me great 'gifts'. " Yet I was told never talk on such......so where does one stand. "Alone in the darkest of places."

So, what do you believe God is? Do you view God as an intelligent entity? Or maybe an undefinable field of "energy" throughout the universe? Is God pure awareness?

I do like your questions.

Lynn
I agree very much to what you wrote. I just don't know where to go with a mind set similar to yours. I have asked people but haven't had much luck with others just putting it in simple terms.
Old 28-01-2018, 04:38 AM
Knower

Honestly, I really just wish I could practice witchcraft and Wicca. I always felt it fit me perfectly. I just...couldn't handle the loneliness I felt when trying to connect with...whatever's out there. No matter how open minded I was, I never felt a thing. Ever since then I've wondered about my apparent separation from God. But I think I'm starting to agree that its not what I want it to be (an intelligent being). I just don't know how to feel okay with that.
Old 28-01-2018, 05:35 AM
Master
Check out the thread, dark night and the soul of loneliness.
Old 28-01-2018, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
Why the demand for total faith though?
What purpose is there in that?
Glad you brought that up. Ha, when I read that
"Demand"..."total" faith...thus, "blind" faith !!
My head tilted like my German Sheperd's when it hears something weird..'huh'?
Then, I remembered, OH Right! the Judeo-Christian God! That idea of wrath, jealousy and
faith!
That 'believe or else' Christian stuff!!!
Hard to get those concepts out of our minds! And yet to find truth for yourself, as you
say, I think you must. We all do!

That's why I always say experience this 'God' directly, for yourself...
even tho that focus is not for the faint of heart!
It is effort.

I also believed finding someone you really trust...could be a 12th c mystic, a 20th c yogi...
But, someone ( probably their writings) that you trust, otherwise at every turn you may doubt and question.
So it's not exactly 'blind faith'...but, a respect and trust in what they say and experience,
and hopefully their instructions.

There are a couple that basically say go within yourself and question 'who you are'...it is big discipline and work for that
Mind-Ego of Man to do this...Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta.

There is no 'God' demanding faith..just saying.
But, I'm not going to say there is not that aspect...like in any parent that doesn't love their child to run and leap up
into their arms...having that faith they will be caught.

Oh, and nothing wrong with Wicca...it will take you away from the deep rooted concepts of the Bible and religious teachings...
Where this demand for faith we can be surrounded with comes from.
Could be just the thing for you.

Btw, some great posts here from smart people !!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-01-2018, 02:31 PM
boshy b. good

there are allot of miracles going on around us.
Old 28-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Glad you brought that up. Ha, when I read that
"Demand"..."total" faith...thus, "blind" faith !!
My head tilted like my German Sheperd's when it hears something weird..'huh'?
Then, I remembered, OH Right! the Judeo-Christian God! That idea of wrath, jealousy and
faith!
That 'believe or else' Christian stuff!!!
Hard to get those concepts out of our minds! And yet to find truth for yourself, as you
say, I think you must. We all do!

That's why I always say experience this 'God' directly, for yourself...
even tho that focus is not for the faint of heart!
It is effort.

I also believed finding someone you really trust...could be a 12th c mystic, a 20th c yogi...
But, someone ( probably their writings) that you trust, otherwise at every turn you may doubt and question.
So it's not exactly 'blind faith'...but, a respect and trust in what they say and experience,
and hopefully their instructions.

There are a couple that basically say go within yourself and question 'who you are'...it is big discipline and work for that
Mind-Ego of Man to do this...Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta.

There is no 'God' demanding faith..just saying.
But, I'm not going to say there is not that aspect...like in any parent that doesn't love their child to run and leap up
into their arms...having that faith they will be caught.

Oh, and nothing wrong with Wicca...it will take you away from the deep rooted concepts of the Bible and religious teachings...
Where this demand for faith we can be surrounded with comes from.
Could be just the thing for you.

Btw, some great posts here from smart people !!
for me its funny you mention a dog, specifically a German Shepherd, i lost my best friend of 18 years a few days ago. "Black lab/German Shepherd mix. She was..... and still is the best dog that ever existed. Aaaagggh, still have to get my mind back together when thinking about her. But anyway it still seems like she's waiting for me let her out when i get home and before I go to bed, i still feel her percents laying next to my chair. Its like she really still there. I know shes was just a dog. Not to sound crazy but it really feels like shes really there just hanging out with me. I have no doubt she still is. I never felt this kind of feeling before with anything. But i never spent 18 years with any one living being. I wrote this to help me and whoever is reading this how spirituality works, you just have to trust your own judgment no matter how silly it sounds.
Old 28-01-2018, 03:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

That was a very nice post and able to relate and smile. Yep, what one learns....
Old 28-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Knower

So, as I see it right now, the God I so desperately seek can't be real. It doesn't just "appear" when I feel I want or need it to. To me, that means either God is not benevolent, God is not all-powerful, God is not an intelligent entity, or God doesn't exist.

Frankly, I have a hard time following any of these lines of thought. God not being an intelligent entity seems most likely, but I don't know how to feel comforted by that. How can it be benevolent if it doesn't have a will? It'd just be like a natural force.
Old 28-01-2018, 07:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
So, as I see it right now, the God I so desperately seek can't be real. It doesn't just "appear" when I feel I want or need it to. To me, that means either God is not benevolent, God is not all-powerful, God is not an intelligent entity, or God doesn't exist.

Perhaps the difficulty is that we want a personal God to guide and support us, and we struggle with the idea of an impersonal God which allows all things to be. But we can always turn to our own Higher Self for support and guidance - that is always present.

Quote:
Frankly, I have a hard time following any of these lines of thought. God not being an intelligent entity seems most likely, but I don't know how to feel comforted by that. How can it be benevolent if it doesn't have a will? It'd just be like a natural force.

The Alice Bailey books (and other sources) teach that the Absolute manifests as three major rays (or energies) and four minor rays.

The three major rays are:
  1. Will and Power - this is the purposefulness of Creation as expressed by Spirit - the Will to Be.
  2. Love and Wisdom - the magnetic attraction which holds Creation together as expressed by Consciousness.
  3. Active Intelligence - this is the inherent intelligence of Matter which we find throughout the natural world.

Careful study of the seven rays is well worth the effort.

Peace.