Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-11-2017, 05:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
That's true, of course. I'm just saying I think there are more and less effective ways to communicate one's point, and I find your way to be less so, it comes across to me as hectoring and I find your posts well-nigh unreadable. But of course these things are subjective, I'm sure others see it differently.
There's subjective and then there's intersubjective. I'm fairly sure, as a result of having received similar feedback, that there are others who also experience my writing manner(s) as 'hectoring' and also find them 'unreadable' as you do.

Please know that I have occasionally 'aimed' (if you want to call it that) to alter my style in order to suit such others, but I always gravititate back to said style, presumably because it pleases me to do so; that is, because I both experience a sense of greater 'intensity' in the process of communication and have the most 'fun' doing so this way.

I have sometimes advised/suggested that readers (who've expressed having 'difficulty' in said regard) try 'saying' the words 'aloud' (in their heads, that is) (that's what I do when I read and write ). In the case of my writing, it 'works' for me and so I hope it works for others, to 'say' the underscored and bolded words 'louder', the second kind louder than the first, for emotional emphasis, and to think about what 'special' meaning I might conceivably have in mind when I place words in single-quotes or italicize them instead of just 'simply' thinking they mean whatever they usually mean to them in the ways they usually do.

Please know that I am not 'simply' 'into' being 'popular', that is, 'into having as many readers as possible consider what I am saying just to have as many readers as possible do so, and that I would rather engage with readers who relate to my 'messages' because (only if, when and as) there is something in the messages which they 'sense' to be 'richly' meaningful and experience the process of de-ciphering said meanings worthwhile and so (ultimately) enjoyable.

If you are not one such, so be it - just trash-can my utterances, fellow human fella.

Sincerely -
Old 15-11-2017, 06:06 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
When you ask a question, you may be asking for many reasons. One may be just this, that you want a confirmation. You already know the answer, you have the answer, you just want it to be confirmed that your answer is right. Then your question is false, pseudo; it is not a question. You may be asking a question not because you are ready to change yourself, but just as a curiosity.The mind goes on questioning. In the mind questions come as leaves come on a tree. That is the very nature of the mind – to question. So it goes on questioning. It matters not what you are questioning, with anything given to the mind it will create a question. It is a machine to grind out, to create questions. So give it anything and it will cut it into pieces and create many questions. One question answered, and the mind will create many questions from the answer. This has been the whole history of philosophy.

Bertrand Russell remembers that when he was a child he thought that one day, when he will be mature enough to understand all philosophy, all questions will be answered. Then later, when he was eighty, he said, ”Now I can say that my own questions are there standing, as they were standing when I was a child. No other questions have come up because of these theories of philosophy.” So he said, ”When I was young I used to say, philosophy is an inquiry for ultimate answers. Now I cannot say it. It is an inquiry for endless questions.”

The book i quoted from taught me that finding the answers to the contradictions will lead to more contradictions. I didn't understand any of them fully until i first understood myself. Who I Am. Once i discovered that is when the contradictions made sense. the way i see them now is not as contradictions. they are all teaching the same thing in different ways. they all lead to the same thing. making them less of a contradiction and more of a lesson in the way they are viewed. In the end answers to the original questions have never been answered. only the want to know the answers has been dissolved as i now view them as paths to something greater than knowledge.
Old 15-11-2017, 08:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
The book i quoted from taught me that finding the answers to the contradictions will lead to more contradictions. I didn't understand any of them fully until i first understood myself. Who I Am. Once i discovered that is when the contradictions made sense. the way i see them now is not as contradictions. they are all teaching the same thing in different ways. they all lead to the same thing. making them less of a contradiction and more of a lesson in the way they are viewed.
Old 16-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
There's subjective and then there's intersubjective. I'm fairly sure, as a result of having received similar feedback, that there are others who also experience my writing manner(s) as 'hectoring' and also find them 'unreadable' as you do.

Please know that I have occasionally 'aimed' (if you want to call it that) to alter my style in order to suit such others, but I always gravititate back to said style, presumably because it pleases me to do so; that is, because I both experience a sense of greater 'intensity' in the process of communication and have the most 'fun' doing so this way.

I have sometimes advised/suggested that readers (who've expressed having 'difficulty' in said regard) try 'saying' the words 'aloud' (in their heads, that is) (that's what I do when I read and write ). In the case of my writing, it 'works' for me and so I hope it works for others, to 'say' the underscored and bolded words 'louder', the second kind louder than the first, for emotional emphasis, and to think about what 'special' meaning I might conceivably have in mind when I place words in single-quotes or italicize them instead of just 'simply' thinking they mean whatever they usually mean to them in the ways they usually do.

Please know that I am not 'simply' 'into' being 'popular', that is, 'into having as many readers as possible consider what I am saying just to have as many readers as possible do so, and that I would rather engage with readers who relate to my 'messages' because (only if, when and as) there is something in the messages which they 'sense' to be 'richly' meaningful and experience the process of de-ciphering said meanings worthwhile and so (ultimately) enjoyable.

If you are not one such, so be it - just trash-can my utterances, fellow human fella.

Sincerely -
RE reading it aloud (in my head) - I've tried it, it didn't help! Have you tried doing likewise, see how it reads back to you?

Anyway, mate, I'm really not trying to cause offence, you seem like a good chap and I was just offering some honest feedback, no hard feelings
Old 16-11-2017, 01:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
RE reading it aloud (in my head) - I've tried it, it didn't help! Have you tried doing likewise, see how it reads back to you?

Anyway, mate, I'm really not trying to cause offence, you seem like a good chap and I was just offering some honest feedback, no hard feelings.
Hey there fellow-being! I appreciate your trying (to see if it helped). Regarding myself, I have as much (sometimes even more because new thought-associations which I didn't have before then get 'sparked') fun reading my 'stuff' (with 'sound' effects 'on' ) as writing it.

No offense taken or 'hard' feelings felt. I appreciate the genuineness of your (attempt at) engagement. My sister says she has to read my writing (she is not on the forum, she means my book and article writings) slowly, often going over sentences several times, to 'unpack' what I say. Not that doing so will 'play well' and 'work' for you or anyone else. Just sayin' ... words and graphics are just symbols; one has to bring a lot to the table to savor my cooky brew of tea.

I hope you appreciate this as a cirque du soleil (davidsun) performance played especially for you, fellow 'man' - I don't always lay it on this thick!

Last edited by davidsun : 16-11-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 19-11-2017, 05:06 AM
Master
Being pragmatic here...sometimes, we have to put up with what is 'wrong' and what appears to be 'contradictory'...even fooling ourselves to get just one moment of that 'peace of mind' and to make others we care for superficially happy, even when it pains us to do so...and I suffer long and hard with this.

My mother hates 'dishonesty' and yet, she's the very first to encourage it, ask for it and even reward it...and it's been like that all my life.

Even today...with me being a grown adult, she cannot help herself:

Me: "I'm thinking of buying that bagless vacuum cleaner I saw at Aldi for $49".

Mum: "What's wrong with the vacuum cleaner you have? Don't waste your money getting another vacuum cleaner when you already have one".

Me: "...but I have had that old vacuum cleaner for 5 years now...it came out of the ark...it has bags that you can't buy anymore and I have to keep on recycling them...and it doesn't suck anymore...I can suck through a straw harder".

Mum: "I'm sure if you look on eBay, you can get bags for it...and you can still keep on recycling and re-using the old bags anyway...and the reason why it's not picking up stuff, is because you are not pushing it hard enough! you need to put some more 'elbow grease' into it, my child".

Me: "Puh-leez...no matter how hard you push a vacuum cleaner, if it ain't sucking...it ain't sucking...and I am sick and tired of having dirty and dusty floors because it ain't sucking. I WANT to buy a new one!"

Mum (getting all wound up and clutching her chest): "You never listen to me! why must you waste your money so? Why must you have a 'bagless' vacuum cleaner when one with a bag works much BETTER than a bagless one? maybe if you took all the attachments off, get around on your backside and vacuum the carpets, it will suck better...have you tried that?"

Me: "I am sorry mother...you are right...how could I be so STUPID to think I needed a new vacuum cleaner after 5 years? please forgive me...I shall do as you say".

...and so, when she goes home I am going to BUY that bagless vacuum cleaner...hide it in the closet upstairs where she won't find it...then, when she visits for a few days, I'll use my old vacuum cleaner...and when she goes back home, I'll use the new one...all the while saying to her "you are right...ever since you said what you did about the old vacuum cleaner, look how much cleaner my carpers are? it's a bloody miracle! thanks mum".

I thought this story would fit somehow.
Old 19-11-2017, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Being pragmatic here...sometimes, we have to put up with what is 'wrong' and what appears to be 'contradictory'...even fooling ourselves to get just one moment of that 'peace of mind' and to make others we care for superficmially happy, even when it pains us to do so...and I suffer long and hard with this.

My mother hates 'dishonesty' and yet, she's the very first to encourage it, ask for it and even reward it...and it's been like that all my life.

Even today...with me being a grown adult, she cannot help herself:

Me: "I'm thinking of buying that bagless vacuum cleaner I saw at Aldi for $49".

Mum: "What's wrong with the vacuum cleaner you have? Don't waste your money getting another vacuum cleaner when you already have one".

Me: "...but I have had that old vacuum cleaner for 5 years now...it came out of the ark...it has bags that you can't buy anymore and I have to keep on recycling them...and it doesn't suck anymore...I can suck through a straw harder".

Mum: "I'm sure if you look on eBay, you can get bags for it...and you can still keep on recycling and re-using the old bags anyway...and the reason why it's not picking up stuff, is because you are not pushing it hard enough! you need to put some more 'elbow grease' into it, my child".

Me: "Puh-leez...no matter how hard you push a vacuum cleaner, if it ain't sucking...it ain't sucking...and I am sick and tired of having dirty and dusty floors because it ain't sucking. I WANT to buy a new one!"

Mum (getting all wound up and clutching her chest): "You never listen to me! why must you waste your money so? Why must you have a 'bagless' vacuum cleaner when one with a bag works much BETTER than a bagless one? maybe if you took all the attachments off, get around on your backside and vacuum the carpets, it will suck better...have you tried that?"

Me: "I am sorry mother...you are right...how could I be so STUPID to think I needed a new vacuum cleaner after 5 years? please forgive me...I shall do as you say".

...and so, when she goes home I am going to BUY that bagless vacuum cleaner...hide it in the closet upstairs where she won't find it...then, when she visits for a few days, I'll use my old vacuum cleaner...and when she goes back home, I'll use the new one...all the while saying to her "you are right...ever since you said what you did about the old vacuum cleaner, look how much cleaner my carpers are? it's a bloody miracle! thanks mum".

I thought this story would fit somehow.

You buy your new hoover and use it to vacuum a certain persons negative energy up

It will pay for itself in the end, what you pay for bags in a year will cover the price of the new one, go for it....
Old 19-11-2017, 06:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You buy your new hoover and use it to vacuum a certain persons negative energy up

It will pay for itself in the end, what you pay for bags in a year will cover the price of the new one, go for it....
Yeah, thanks...I could try to explain this to her, but I just worked out what the whole deal with this is...my mother is highly chrematophobic.

Now, to live with a chrematophobe is excruciatingly nervewracking...not only this, she's a chrematophobe who doesn't believe she has a problem because 'everybody is one'.

Everything she owns is busted, but she cannot see it...to her, it 'works' because getting a new one means spending money and she'd rather die than do that.

She's had the same wheelchair for 20 years (she got it for free) and it's falling to pieces...she's always complaining about it...but the moment I say "you have a hundred grand in the bank...buy a new one then!"...and she goes "that money has to stay there! I cannot spend that! That is my "nest egg"...and I'm like 'the bird will die before it has the chance to build the nest or even lay an egg...and you can't take it with you, you know?" and then, she's like "I would prefer it if you would mind your own financial business" and then I go "well, stop whining about your bloody wheelchair then, okay?"...it....never....ends.

I mean, if something is $1 or $2 she will buy it...and the amount of cheap, junky carp she has is incredible! but due to her phobia, she cannot see or understand how all of this 'adds up' in the long run...the phobia makes her think and act illogically!

She'll collect all the brochures from every store out there...look at them...study them all going "that's so expensive!"..."what a rip off!"..."who would buy that at that price?" "a year ago, I could have bought that for half the price"...and on...and on it goes...and the moment I say "do you really WANT any of that anyway? If you don't, why should you CARE how much it is?" only for her to say stuff like "it's that kind of thinking which drives prices up in the first place" and so I go "well then, how about I transport you way back to 1929 so you'll feel comfortable and at-home" and then she goes on about looking forward to death.
Old 19-11-2017, 07:36 AM
Master
I do sort of get the whole mentality though...

Back in the 1940's and 1950's, you got like 25 cents a week 'pocket money' and if you didn't put it in the bank and bought a lollipop with it instead, you'd be grounded without any pocket money for a whole month.

It was taught with threat of physical punishment that money was a thing to be feared...and therefore, my mother gets really bad panic attacks when she sees me buying a CD for $10...
Old 19-11-2017, 09:23 AM
Master
This post will be the end of me rabbiting on about inherent contradictions, money and my mother.

The other day, she bought a battery operated night-light for $2 - I mean, she'd spend $100 on about 70 items costing $1 and $2 each that she neither wants or needs, just because she considers them a 'bargain' but she cannot see that she has just spent $100 on junk and refuses to be told.

Anyway, she wanted to buy batteries for it...and of course, she sees 'Acme" batteries, made in China...six AAA batteries for $1. She says "wow, those batteries are so cheap" and I just laughed.

Meanwhile, I needed some batteries myself for my MP3 player, my old Gameboy and a TV remote...So I bought a dozen Duracell AAA batteries for $12...and of course, my mother started hyperventilating, shaking and flushing "you...you...know...if you...bought two...packets of Acme batteries...it...would...only...cost...you...$2 and not...$12...TWELVE DOLLARS!!!...TWELVE DOLLARS FOR BATTERIES!!!...What a JOKE!!!...they saw YOU coming!!!

I started fanning her, got out the brown paper bag and the water...she was like "a battery is a battery!" and I just said "nope, they are not the same" and she wouldn't let up about how all batteries are the same and I was just paying for the "name" or the "brand" and how only POSH people did that...and she didn't raise me to be POSH...I just kept changing the subject until she got the hint that I didn't want to discuss it further.

So, we arrive home...she puts the batteries in her nightlight...after half an hour, of course, they died and she started whining "I bought this light! the light is broken...it is no good!" and I'm like "no mum, the light is fine, the BATTERIES are no good"...and then, I put two of my Duracell batteries in it....10 hours later, the batteries died.

She went "It must have been just THOSE batteries I put in it...let me try some more of MY batteries"...she put two more Acme batteries in it and sure enough, after half an hour, they died...and so I repeated with the Duracells...and 10 hours later...

After that, mum said "I must have bought a batch of flat batteries...they must have been sitting on the shelf there for AGES...yes, that's IT!...that's what has happened!...all I could do was just facepalm and shake my head...and then she goes "can I please borrow two more of YOUR batteries? I'll pay you back...I shall replace all of the batteries you have already given me, I promise"...and I'm like, I'll GIVE you two more batteries...but PLEASE, I don't WANT you to 'replace them'...consider them a GIFT! maybe one that teaches you something! and she goes "No I will replace them, I INSIST"...yeah, I knew what was coming...

Next time, we went out, she bought another 6 Acme brand batteries for $1 and gave them to me, saying "here we go, I said that I would replace your batteries that I used...we are square now". I just broke down in the middle of the shopping centre, throwing a tantrum like a 2-year old...and in the end, mum threw away her $2 night light because it was 'too expensive to run' and I bought her a packet of 9 hour tea-light candles and a lighter instead....and each cost me $2 so she was happy.