Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 03-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Pathfinder
How to practice mediumship on my own

Hey everyone, I am just wondering how can I practice my mediumship on my own? I want to learn how to see/hear/feel spirits with my eyes opened and be able to do a reading that way instead of with my eyes closed. My big question is, Should I call on family members past to come down to me and communicate? I guess I’m asking what spirits should I practice communicating with since I don’t have a person there to have a family member close by. I can do readings with my eyes closed and calling on someone’s family members past. I can get messages this way. I just don’t always have someone that wants a reading. What can I do by myself? Thanks!!
Old 07-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Experiencer
I myself have had to practice on my own. Classes and mentors are not available in my area. You'd be surprised at how much spirits are willing to help you learn. You can still practice on those that you feel would not accept this. Often you will be given identifying and validating information about an individual. Let's say you are clairaudient and you hear "birth... Illinois".... Ask them where was they born. Or tell them Illinois is beautiful this time of year, ever been? See what you come up with. More information may come flooding in. You don't necessarily have to expose yourself. Use trial and error also. Try reading yourself by having that solid intention and see what you come up with. Look into the days ahead. For me it comes through clairvoyance and claircognant. I make a mental note of what I see and I end up being able to establish what the symbolic meaning was behind the visions. You end up forming a sort of mental dictionary.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:59 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cahill
I myself have had to practice on my own. Classes and mentors are not available in my area. You'd be surprised at how much spirits are willing to help you learn. You can still practice on those that you feel would not accept this. Often you will be given identifying and validating information about an individual. Let's say you are clairaudient and you hear "birth... Illinois".... Ask them where was they born. Or tell them Illinois is beautiful this time of year, ever been? See what you come up with. More information may come flooding in. You don't necessarily have to expose yourself. Use trial and error also. Try reading yourself by having that solid intention and see what you come up with. Look into the days ahead. For me it comes through clairvoyance and claircognant. I make a mental note of what I see and I end up being able to establish what the symbolic meaning was behind the visions. You end up forming a sort of mental dictionary.
I agree with this ^^.

Also, try offering giving free practice readings on other social media websites, or maybe here! You don't need to be face to face to do a reading, you really don't need much. Just ask that the information that comes through be for the highest good of all concerned, or something along those lines.

If you want to feel spirits (or even ghosts), use your solar plexus chakra to feel for them. If you want to start seeing spirits with your eyes, you can try using your minds eye first to scan around the room or area you are in and keep trying that. Then do the same thing but with your eyes open. Eventually your mind might get the message with the intention that you are trying to see spirits or ghosts with your physical eyes and not just in your mind. It worked for an old friend of mine, and she claimed she wasn't really much of a medium as I was, and I was the one who gave her those instructions!

I've also read (and tried) that you can relax your gaze like when you practice seeing auras (so with your eyes open) and focus on a spot on a wall in a room and see if you can pick up any flickering lights in the air, heat waves type of things in the air, tiny orbs, a small faint shadow past by. Something like that. Keep doing that over and over again and you might start seeing spirits or ghosts, but remember your intention on what you're trying to see. I did that with trying to see ghosts, but I started seeing fairies instead :p

As for hearing, you can try after meditation or deep breathing exercises, laying down and listening to everything you can hear. Single them out. List out everything you can hear. You can also put on some classical music and try to single out which instruments are which. You can also try imagining the sounds of people's voices, barks of dogs, songs you know of, any sound really, but get it really clear and down to the tiniest details. With all of these exercises try to get down to the details at some point, but start small and be patient :) Baby steps.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:11 PM
Pathfinder
Hey thanks for the replies both of you!! Sorry I took so long to message back. I took a little break from everything. So Cahill, I have done this a few times with different people and I picked up on some pretty good info and was also able to help them with things.

Hoppy, I have done readings on here for awhile! I have done energy readings and passed relative readings. I’ve been very successful for most of them. I had one or two that the info I passed over didn’t mean anything to them at the time. Unsure if it ended up making any sense to them.

I feel spirits a lot. I feel talking on my head or arms. If I scan around the room with my third eye I can see spirits standing by certain people but I feel like I’m making it up. So I’m unsure if it is my imagination or real. I can’t see any with my real eyes, not sure if I’d want to haha but I do see a bright flash at times that let me know spirits are there. Like a little dot of bright light. A orb type of thing. I’ve seen a shadow once and when I did I saw who it was in my minds eye. Was kinda crazy!!

As far as the aura stuff, I have dabbled in that a few times and have been able to see auras on myself and other people but not at will. I probably need more practice!

Hearing I’ve heard spirits a ton!! Sometimes I have to ask them to be quiet when I’m trying to go to bed lol.

Thanks again for all of the info everything!!!
Old 07-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmeditater
I just don’t always have someone that wants a reading. What can I do by myself? Thanks!!

Hello,

I find that it is best to converse with your own spirit self. My understanding and experience is that We all have a higher self who is our conduit for communications. Fostering a love bond with this aspect of self is the Key to everything.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 07-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Pathfinder
I have actually been doing that recently! I have developed this inner voice that will but in and tell me when I’m doing something wrong or when I’m doing something right. I have been trying to develop a relationship with that voice. Sometimes it’s hard to tel if it’s my own thoughts or my inner self.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmeditater
I have actually been doing that recently! I have developed this inner voice that will but in and tell me when I’m doing something wrong or when I’m doing something right. I have been trying to develop a relationship with that voice. Sometimes it’s hard to tel if it’s my own thoughts or my inner self.

yes it would be until you learn to trust it. I find that when I examing the content of these kinds of insights, I recognize that they would never come from my mind.

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/