Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Poetry

Closed Thread

Old 25-05-2006, 01:23 AM
alerted by dreams

Fom Tennyson's birthday book

Some time ago I was reading through my Grandfather's birthday book which is used for entering people birthdays. Each birthday had it's own dedicated poem. Under my own birthday, 8th October, was the following poem which fitted me perfectly. What it's called I have no idea!

Waiting to strive a happy strife.
To war with falsehood to the knife,
and not to lose the good of life.

Tennyson.
Old 25-05-2006, 10:58 AM
dreamer

Hi alerted by dreams,

that's a sad poem. Are you still waiting to strive a happy life? I hope not but if you are order a copy of "the secret" the web web address is in the film section of this forum at the start of the thread. It'll tell you everything you ever needed to know about having anything you ever wanted.
Old 25-05-2006, 11:37 AM
alerted by dreams

Hi Dreamer,
No I'm not unhappy at all, although I have been, very so, in the past.

The "waiting" I referred to is for the relationship and all it will bring that is yet to come. I have a great deal do smile about!
Old 25-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Master
I think its beautiful poem
all I got was a hippy bathday card,
they`re cruel in the midlands I can tell you.
Welcome to the site alerted, some nice posts already, can`t wait to here more.
Old 25-05-2006, 09:18 PM
alerted by dreams

Thanks V much peteyzen thanks for the welcome. I'd like to stick around and share thoughts etc. I've much to learn.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:52 PM
ShootingStar7123

that's a great little poem. I've always loved Tennyson.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:57 PM
alerted by dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStar7123
that's a great little poem. I've always loved Tennyson.

Thanks! I like your sig " I change the world; the world changes me." It is true! I also like the following which could be it's opposite.

"I don't want to change the world, I don't want the world to change me!"
From an Ozzy Osbourne song.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:59 PM
ShootingStar7123

Thanks! The quote comes from one of my favorite books, A Great and Terrible Beauty.
Closed Thread