Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-06-2018, 03:50 AM
Knower

Comparing me to me. What say you?

Hi all,

I would like your perspective, please. Any and all opinions, experiences, thoughts are appreciated.

Basically, I went from mover of worlds to non-believer in a very short space of time, due to trauma that happened. It has been a ten year struggle to the spiritual place where I am today.

The only reason I made it back to where I am today, is due to the completely undeniable miracles and manifestations that took place in my life. Undeniable. Even when I denied everything.

So now, here I am, rekindling my relationship with the universe, starting to feel the energies again, but...

I am not nearly as connected and I compare myself - a lot - to what I once was. And, worst of all, I feel fear that I will never have that again.

So... my thought is, maybe you all will have similar experiences that you went through that might help me, or other guidance that you think would be helpful?

Thanks
<3
Old 23-06-2018, 10:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empowers
I am not nearly as connected and I compare myself - a lot - to what I once was. And, worst of all, I feel fear that I will never have that again.
Been there, done that.

I used to Live and breathe Spirituality; I was a medium that did rostrum work, I'd have soirees now and again with other deeply Spiritual people, do Tarot..... Sometimes it's good to look back with nostalgic eyes but it's even better to look at Now with open eyes. The Universe gives us what we need when we need it, and sometimes that's a fresh start. I went from the hurly-burly of being immersed in Spirituality to where I am now, it's an interest. My questions have been answered, except for one that I'm currently exploring but then we are the answer looking for the question.

The question I'm exploring is "Can we not simply exist?" After most of my Life existing as father, son, brother, husband.... Spiritual person it's peaceful and quiet simply existing, the Spiritual equivalent of living off the grid. At least to the mainstream definition of 'Spiritual'.

Spiritual is as Spiritual does, and right now that's peaceful and accepting of myself, warts and all. We are where we need to be, otherwise we'd be somewhere else and all we have to worry about is being comfortable in the shoes we're wearing. Comparisons like this are pretty meaningless and quite frankly all they lead to is dissent, living in the here and Now is all we can do.

Are you disconnected or are you full of potential? Or are you full of buts? It's your reality after all.
Old 24-06-2018, 06:23 PM
Experiencer
That is not very good advice, more general. Build yourself back, step by step, be aware that it is hard work, learn about every aspect of who you are and how you operate and what is actually that power, that once helped you to move worlds, as you say. Or other option is, if you have something else, stick with it and forget about this one.
Old 24-06-2018, 06:56 PM
Seeker
Empowers,

Isn’t the “you” of today different than yesterday’s “you” and has the added benefit of additional experience and hopefully the wisdom that comes with it?

Like the rest of us aren’t you limited to your current position and where you steer yourself? Was every aspect of your previous self ideal, unimprovable?
Old 10-07-2018, 12:37 AM
Knower

So... all of these were fantastic. Thanks for the perspectives. It has been excellent to reflect on each of them. I am feeling a lot more open now for having taken the time :)
Old 10-07-2018, 01:54 AM
Master
Hello,

Sharing some thoughts.

Find ways to be grateful for where you are now.
What you have learned and experienced.
What has been lived.
Have come this far and sounds to me the game is not over yet.
The past has moved into the present.
The gifts given are still there, but may have transformed as one transforms/changes.
Be creative
Step by step is what is walked
Give oneself credit for surviving what one has lived.
The Universe always rides right along with all that was, is,and may be.
Some things are just for the moment to be lived and experienced.
There is more to come with in each moment and may not know until it occurs what gifts will be given and new views.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:31 PM
Master

Oh yeah I was all gung ho when I was young. Thought I had 'arrived'. It all came crashing down around me. Everything.

I'm back but different. More honest with myself, more grounded, more sure of my beliefs not because someone taught them to me but because I developed them myself. Threw everything I knew in the trash and built everything from the ground up.

You'll get there. Throw away that fear, it will only stunt your growth. Fly by the seat of your pants, develop beliefs that sound right to you.

I had a friend that used to say, "Don't like the God you grew up with? Create God how you think He should be." And I did.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:47 PM
Master

All that happens to us leads to the purpose of our lives. The fact that you went through that big change had a purpose you don't seem to have yet realized. At the time of the change, most likely, you needed that change in order to follow your path toward learning your current life lesson; maybe it was something that pushed you from harm's way.

Each of us thinks of being spiritual in their subjective way. Maybe whatever you thought, and did at that time, wasn't your true spiritual path. Don't mechanically try to reproduce that! Reflect, meditate, or whatever you prefer to do, and find your new way. Start by finding why that change happened to you, what's its meaning, then decide your next steps!

"mover of worlds" sounds suspicious to me ...
Old 10-07-2018, 09:51 PM
Knower

Once again, I really am grateful for all the perspectives. Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to share.

@inavalan, mover of worlds is my extravagant and flamboyant way of speaking. There was a great deal of manifesting that went on in my past - big enough for me to not be able to dismiss when I dismissed everything else.

It's quite possible that the reason I'm not the same is that I don't need such big 'proofs' anymore... like I say, even when I denied everything, I couldn't deny my previous experiences. They were too large, too specific and not open to interpretation.

So yes, mover of worlds is a grand way to say it, but the experiences deserve that fanfare :)