Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 11-09-2017, 11:57 PM
Pathfinder
Saw shadow with eyes but saw someone else in third eye??

Hey everyone, I have a quick question. I was cutting the grass today and while I was out there I looked at my house and out of the corner of Mayeye I saw a tall Black shadow just standing there watching me. It was just a outline of the shoulders arms and head and the waist. As soon as I saw it with my actual eyes in my third eye I saw my father-in-law. It was like my eyes saw the shadow and then I got a flash of him standing there. It wasn't him standing in that exact spot it was just a flash of him standing somewhere else. I messaged my wife who was down the street at her grandmas house and told her and she said she was just talking about her dad. He passed away about a year or a little more ago. I have had contact with him but only through symbols and messages that he sends. Honestly I have been communicating with spirits as in my guides and some past but mainly just my guides and other peoples guides when I do readings for them but never have I seen anything with my own eyes. Can anyone confirm what I saw is normal? Can good spirits come in black shadows not just light? Does any other mediums see shadows but see who it is with their minds eye? Thanks in advance everyone!
Old 12-09-2017, 01:00 AM
Master
Personally I have never had quite that same experience, pertaining to the figure of a shadow.

But, I remember the time I was able to communicate with a human spirit or past human spirit and what I saw was indeed in my mind's eye, and was the image of a young man dressed almost in a tux, or some black in the clothing, he was standing by the trees sort of in between them that are by the family cemetery plot up at my grandparents. While I was seeing all this, I was indoors inside my grandparents house and not within any view of the family cemetery, I was in fact sitting in the living room in a chair. The young man stepped out from between the two trees into full view within my mind's eye and introduced himself as an uncle. He then proceeded to describe his previous health difficulties in life and to ask my grandfather about it. Of course my grandfather promptly became angry with me. He was stern and had not much belief in any of that. He was under the impression that my father told me about his (my grandfather's) brother. Essentially, that is how I was introduced to my great uncle. Probably the only family member from my father's side I liked from the start- right off the bat, and I had never met him in life. He died before I was born.

So while my experience is not quite the same as yours, with the aspect of a shadow at play, I can say that yes I believe it is very possible to see spirit within the mind's eye. I will also say however, that perhaps the image of the shadow is not the most important factor here, but rather that your father in law came up. It would seem perhaps he may be attempting to get a message through.

Best wishes to you.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:29 AM
Pathfinder
Thanks for the reply!! That is quite an experience! I've also had similar things happen. Never a full conversation but I've seen things with my minds eye like that. Today was the first time I've ever seen anything with my actual eyes lol.

So I meditated tonight and ask who the shadow was. I received some signs it was my father in law. I then ask why he was trying to reach out to me and I saw a snake. When I saw him I was out side cutting my grass and I just saw a snake. Then a few minutes later I looked up and saw him. I then ask why he was trying to reach out to my wife and I heard "to let her know I'm with her". My wife said the past couple of days she has been thinking about him a lot. Today she said she felt a touch/tingle on her top right side of her head which is the male side and she thought of her dad. So I wonder if he was just trying to let her know that he's here with her and watching over us.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:56 AM
Master
Yes it could be very probable your father in law, wants his daughter, your wife, to know he is with her.

From my experience, I can at times feel my grandmother's presence very strongly, often times also at certain times of the year, and at intervals. The time around March 3rd is very strong, as it is the date of her death. Our loved ones do seem to try to let us know they are with us, and other matters of importance. Pay attention to dreams as well. My mother had her father come to her in a dream, saying something to her about me, but she wouldn't listen to him due to how they got along while he was alive. My grandfather from my father's side came to me during a dream shortly after his death. In the dream there was thunder. I spoke with my dad about the dream a few months ago, and when I mentioned the thunder he said that the night of my grandfather's death it was thundering.

In the case of my great uncle he had told me to specifically speak to my grandfather about a few things, he told me to tell him that he was there, and he told me about a circumstance during life he wanted my grandfather to let go of, he told me while he didn't find it very funny while he was alive, that he was laughing about it now, and that if my grandfather had any good sense he'd be laughing about it too. He said "You tell him that". And then "He should let it go".

A0ppearently my grandfather had been holding onto feelings of guilt seemingly about a sibling squabble.

His brother wanted him to be able to "let it go".

From experiences not only of my own but those of others as well, our loved ones do seem to try to find ways to communicate with us, and let us know they are with us.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:06 AM
Pathfinder
Yes he comes around to get our attention a decent amount. When he does he is very persistent lol. My wife is pregnant right now and before we knew she was pregnant he was trying to get our attention like crazy. Didn't know why but then found out she was pregnant. That's why he wanted our attention haha. Now I think it's that she was thinking about him and he wanted to let her know he was there with her and watching over us. Now I'm trying to figure out why he showed me the snake in my vision tonight and what that had to do with it. He also showed my my wife in a vision tonight. I ask if there was any messages for her and he showed me her very pregnant. She was standing there happy but she was really pregnant lol. I felt like he was saying he will be watching over her and the baby the whole pregnancy.