Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 22-03-2019, 11:09 AM
Newbie ;)

How to change user name

I want to change my username? Plz guide me.
Old 22-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Administrator
What user name do you want to change it to?
Old 22-03-2019, 01:16 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for taking notice
I want to keep Waterfal ( just one L ) instead of
Waterfall with double L
Old 30-03-2019, 09:21 AM
Lorelyen

Is there any chance in a future update of the site to list members' name-change history. A few are changing names without declaring what their earlier names were. It's confusing as you can't be sure whom you're addressing in replies. Across time one gets to know people's idiosyncrasies which makes for an easier dialogue. Then they disappear.

More to the point, who to avoid. I got embroiled in a 'problem', was berated by a moderator for being attacked as if I were part of the quarrel. I declared I would never to respond to that member. Said member seems to have gone but might be here under a new name. It would help if, suspecting, I could check.

Otherwise one is in conversation with not just faceless but effectively nameless correspondents. Just makes it difficult to engage.

Anyway, just a thought.
Old 31-03-2019, 04:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Lorelyen,

Even though it is rare we make changes of any kind, I do think it's a good idea. My guess is we don't announce name changes due to preserving the person's privacy. However, I feel at least having an open thread that gives members the choice to share if they changed their name would be helpful. We'll see. Ill forward to the team and see what they think about the suggestions. Lately, name changes are not happening too much as they once use to.

Another thing that happens is when accounts get banned or suspended, the person will come back under a new name. Normally, we try to ban those new accounts when we are able to track their computer location (Banned members are permanently banned). Of course, there is ways of hiding computer locations these days but for the most part we try to put 1 and 2 together. You can also report a thread if you feel an old banned member has came back so we can investigate the account.

At any case, never hesitate to contact a staff member if you feel you are being harassed or picked on.

Cloves
Old 01-04-2019, 03:09 AM
Master
In another forum if you changed your username they will have your previous username under the one you changed it to. It stays that way for a year. I like the idea and agree with Lorelyen. Makes interaction so much easier.

For example it will say:

Ocean Breeze
previous username: Tropical Breeze
Old 01-04-2019, 04:47 AM
Administrator
Hello Members

We do not have the option to add the previous User Name under the new one.

There are many reasons a member might want a User Name change done, some are simple spelling errors, or a User Name that they have on another site, or it just does not fit them.

More serious reasons are that they feel threatened and want to stay on site. We take safety very seriously on stie, so if at any time you feel you need help reach out to any member of the SF Staff your confortable with and we will handle matters in confidence.

Name changes are approved and done by Administrators on this site. They are approved and a record is kept of the Name Change.

If you do not want it "generally known" on site you want a User Name change please feel free to contact an Administrator in Personal Message mode. We will then help you with this matter.

Spiritual Forums has stood the test of time as its run with member safety and confidence first and foremost in mind.

Lynn
SF Admin
Old 01-04-2019, 09:55 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
In another forum if you changed your username they will have your previous username under the one you changed it to. It stays that way for a year. I like the idea and agree with Lorelyen. Makes interaction so much easier.

For example it will say:

Ocean Breeze
previous username: Tropical Breeze
I was more thinking of it in the profile. I occasionally look up a profile, most often re a member's previous posts.

Point is, I personally am unlikely to report any other member to moderators. My reports concern spotting something commercial or dangerous. I'm not the angry type and people can say whatever they like to me. I may retort if occasion prompts, probably not. However I have no wish to engage with someone who's rude as such behaviour can become fixated and just leads to unease generally. I'll just have to go by my suspicions therefore! otherwise treat a new name as a new encounter, a tad impersonal but...there it is.
Old 19-05-2019, 04:43 PM
Guide

One individual male logs on as four different people, 2 of them are male and two are female. Some others probably already know who I'm talking about. Targeted me as soon as I joined the forums and looking back I guess posing as a female would be helpful to him. Someone called the two female persona's out as being the same person. They weren't wrong but I don't know if they realised those two females were actually one man lol

It's not the moderators or administrators fault, they do a great job.
Old 19-05-2019, 07:21 PM
Master

I make use of the Ignore option. Simple. I'm not here to get verbally trampled on. Once some deserves my Ignore List I never remove them. I don't believe in second chances anymore. Been there done that. Wanna see my closet full of t shirts?

Question mods or admins: once someone is on my ignore list will they remain there if they change their name?