Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-02-2011, 02:33 AM
Master
I wouldn't mind living forever at all. I think by the time we 'figure it out,' genetically or what have you, we won't be aging like we 'normally' would. But, when I was younger adult, I used to think cremation sounded awful. Now that I'm older, I think being in the ground sounds awful. Either way, I believe our spirit doesn't hang around; when our body fails us, we move on.

Old 14-02-2011, 03:12 AM
Master
I don't believe there is a difference. As a nurse who deals with dead bodies I quickly realized in my career that the body is just a shell. Personally I want to be cremated it's better for the earth, takes up less space, and it makes sure I'm really dead so I'm not buried alive :)
Spiritlite.
Old 16-02-2011, 09:45 PM
tmf

burial

I just placed a similar post in the native american religion section and that my boyfriend seemed somewhat appalled at my request to be buried with out a casket so I could go back to the earth if I cannot I would like to be cremated
Old 17-02-2011, 02:37 AM
WhiteDevil

I think I would rather be buried, just because I think the idea of my remains still being there for a couple more hundred years is cool. lol.
how long does it actually take bones to desintegrate?
I also think as a spirit, attending your own funeral would be interesting.
Old 17-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDevil
I think I would rather be buried, just because I think the idea of my remains still being there for a couple more hundred years is cool. lol.
Well in the coffin you'll blow up as a big soup of liquid and then slowly dry up, maybe worms will get some way and just suck up all that stinking soup. Now with cremation its all over and done in a couple of hours, most of your body will float up into the sky and settle all over the country and gradually become part of everything else, now thats muck more cool.
Old 17-02-2011, 03:00 AM
Administrator
Hello

Not to Spirit no. Even if one's wishes are not followed one still is at peace. Many do attend their sevice but not to " hear " wht is said but to pay thanks to those whom cared so to attend.

The grave site is more a place for LOVed one's to go to so that they have a place to maybe connect.

Lynn
Old 17-02-2011, 04:53 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDevil

"how long does it actually take bones to desintegrate?" Often only a few years - seehttp://www.fbi.gov/news/videos/fbi-trains-at-the-body-farm/view Not much chance of your remains being around for many years....Reports of 'spirits' visiting their own funeral are not uncommon.
Old 17-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Myer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf
I just placed a similar post in the native american religion section and that my boyfriend seemed somewhat appalled at my request to be buried with out a casket so I could go back to the earth if I cannot I would like to be cremated

I'd definitely want some kind of casket. Probably an enviromentally friendly one. We don't look that pretty when we're dead!

Myer