Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Closed Thread

Old 17-09-2006, 03:54 PM
~Jay~

Honey

Honey is a natural anti-bacterial substance which can be used to relieve many different ailments. If you can, you are best to get locally produced honey, as apparently this will work best.

For a sore throat - mix with a little lemon juice & warm water to make a soothing drink.

For spots/sores - cover them in honey & wash off after about half an hour. Do this daily for a week or so, you should see a noticeable improvement. (Did this with my chicken pox scabs recently, and it seemed to help). Also good for acne.

Cuts/broken skin - apply to clean & help the healing process.

Been to an alternative practitioner recently, about a problem with my son, and he has recommended Manuka Honey as part of his treatment - http://www.manukahoney.co.uk/index.shtml

It's good for all sorts of things, and even gets rid of the MRSA bug that has been plaguing hospitals for so long.
Old 18-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Angels444

Thanks Jaycee. This is very interesting. You're the 2nd person I've heard espousing the virtues of honey in the space of a couple of days. Yes, I do believe that locally produced honey works best. Good to know!
Old 18-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Light Mage

I hear that lavender is also good for the things you've mentioned, too.

If I had any mad h3rb0logy skillz, and access to materials, I'd make up a Honey & Lavender tincture just to see what it's like.
Old 18-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Guide

[quote=Jaycee]
For a sore throat - mix with a little lemon juice & warm water to make a soothing drink.

QUOTE]

I am a classically trained singer and the above remedy for sore throat is an industry secret among opera singers. It is very effective.
Old 19-09-2006, 07:10 PM
e-ma

Look out for vegetarian honey if you are concerned about the well-being of the bees though, a lot of the mainstream honeys use intense factory farming methods..
Old 19-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Light Mage

How on earth can you factory farm a bee?
Old 19-09-2006, 08:09 PM
e-ma

Um.. yeah quite easily I think.. the flocks of bees are intensively farmed in small spaces and become aggressive. They are not given natural food but rather a sugar-water substitute.. and after they have produced their first lot of honey, it takes a year for them to 'ripen' to create the next batch so they are exterminated. They live distressing lives, kinda like battery hens :-( not cool.
Old 20-09-2006, 01:28 AM
BLAIR2BE

interesting...all you ever see on tv are the traditional beekeeping (bees flying across the countryside and returning to there manmade hives). i never consider the obvious fact that there is alot of honey in the world, for this to be the only process to farm honey...
Old 20-09-2006, 01:32 AM
Light Mage

Gosh. And here I was thinking about just keeping them locked in a giant, flower-filled greenhouse so they couldn't escape...
Old 23-09-2006, 03:20 AM
mikron

Great information sharing Jaycee as I see it honey is a 4th dimensional energy!

Nameste mikron
Closed Thread