Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Closed Thread

Old 23-10-2010, 11:44 PM
CiaranRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
There is the All is only Oneness camp and the All is Individuality. And then there is the one that puts them together.

Well, I think it's deeper than this. I think that what puts them together - say, consciousness for want of a better word - is very real and also is much more than just a 'picture in the head'.

At the same time, it's not your consciousness. There is no you.
Old 23-10-2010, 11:47 PM
CiaranRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMont Cranston
CiaranRT, Welcome to this forum! I am also an enlightened being. From what I can tell, there are many enlightened beings around.

Cool man. Like I said, I hope so.

Quote:
There are people who are seekers, and being a seeker is quite entertaining, so much fun that some people seek forever.

I didn't find it much fun, to be honest. Actually finding enlightenment is significantly nicer than looking for it.

Quote:
There are also people who find that which they seek, and when the find that for which they've been looking, whether we call it enlightenment of whatever, they realize that what they have found is a begining, not the end.

This is true enough - enlightenment is the start of a journey. But it is also the end of a journey - both are true.

It is a very definite thing, the seeing that there is no you, no self, nothing like that. Seeing that nothing stands outside the flow of things experiencing it - there's just the flow of things.

And within that flow, yes, there's the idea of a 'self'.

But it's wrong. There isn't. It just doesn't refer to anything.

Quote:
Best wishes!

You too mate.
Old 23-10-2010, 11:50 PM
CiaranRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
I dont regard Enlightenment as a destination, but as a journey. Surely, it's is more realistic to say that we are on a Path to Enlightenment, not Enlightened.

Well look - yes, absolutely. It is far, far better to be honest about not having got there than tell yourself you are there and lead others astray.

I'm sure we all know that this is an all too real problem in the world we live in.

At the same time, we shouldn't let the charlatans, with their false claims, distract us from the fact that there is really something to be found. There is.

Enlightenment is real, and highly specific. It's not magic, it's not rocket science. It's definitely a little weird - that there is no you experiencing life, just the experience, just life - but it's straightforward enough in its own way.

Still, good point though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Welcome !

Cheers mate. You all seem very friendly.
Old 24-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
PsychoSlice--

This all gets to be symatics after a while. Consciousness to me is the state of awareness that all matter and non-matter possesses. Our mind and bodies possess consciousness too (or were created from consciousness.)

There is the All is only Oneness camp and the All is Individuality. And then there is the one that puts them together.

I am of the latter camp. IMO there is a reason for both. We can be individual AND part of the Oneness as well. If we bury ourselves in Oneness, we don't assume the responsibility for contributing our unique form of creativity. We are all unique energy with unique gifts.

But I'm sure we could argue the symantics forever. I'm not sure it gets us anywhere.

Isle
Thats true. if we both have entered the so called state of Consciousness or our true SELF, then what is there to debate or argue, it just make no since. The best we can do is point others to them SELF, not away from them SELF.
Old 24-10-2010, 01:35 AM
Moon Willow

Hi Ciaran,
Wow, quite an introuduction and very interesting!

I'm sure you'll find your time here really interesting - there's never a dull moment.
Look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Love, light and blessings,
Moon Willow

We are not here to free everyone - just by being ourselves is help enough, and those who are meant to cross our paths will.
Old 24-10-2010, 02:56 AM
mahakali

Quote:
I didn't find it much fun, to be honest. Actually finding enlightenment is significantly nicer than looking for it.

Im sorry i must say,
I wouldn’t know if ive ever truly known of an enlightened person because an enlightened being would never actually say they were enlightened. if i were to say i was enlightened then that would mean i have nothing else to learn, i would say i am as good as it gets, right?

i don’t think you truly enlighten until you no longer have a body/ego to hold you too the material world of illusion. perhaps you could glimpse this feeling, maybe more if you isolated yourself for 7 years like the Buddha. enlightenment is what i have termed a complete release from suffering, this is what Buddha termed it although he never claimed to be it. maybe you are talking about a kundalini, or an awakening. this is different than an actual enlightenment, but it is truly amazing. i apologize for sounding rude, really, im a very blunt person, that’s all. im not trying to offend you(i wouldn’t be able to if you were Buddha) but im just the type of person who is going to say what’s on my mind. And an ego I do have, im not going to deny. there are so many people here who are awakened as you are im sure, if you will listen to them seriously as if they could teach you then they will, i promise, as you have something to offer as well. im impressed with the people here, this is my own personal sanga. i am happier to speak with you all then the actual monks from the monastery i lived in. there are few awakened beings, even at a monastery.

Last edited by mahakali : 24-10-2010 at 03:17 AM.
Old 24-10-2010, 03:12 AM
mahakali

ok, say im a chef at a fancy restaurant who took culinary arts for 4 years, and im cooking for some guests at my house. one friends mom, who doesn’t know i am a chef starts to give me tips on how to cook. rather then waiting patently for her to finish so i can go about my work i actually listen and follow her instructions till the end learning something wonderful from a wise old chef that never went to school, just cooked many dinners for her family.

Last edited by mahakali : 24-10-2010 at 03:17 AM.
Old 24-10-2010, 03:16 AM
Master
Enlightenment is just really what we are, its nothing mystical or hard to find, in fact to try to find it will only take you away from it. So many believe that only someone like the so called Buddha can achieve this so called Awakening, they put these people up on a pedestal where no on can reach, but the truth is you are already there, no need to go anywhere to find it. If anyone thinks it is hard to disappear into what they are, and at the same time believing they are Enlightened are still under the illusion of the ego mind, that is so frightened of ever being Awakened.
Old 24-10-2010, 03:21 AM
Master
It's possible we should kill all the buddahs on the road. hehehehehe.

Old 24-10-2010, 03:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
ok, say im a chef at a fancy restaurant who took culinary arts for 4 years, and im cooking for some guests at my house. one friends mom, who doesn’t know i am a chef starts to give me tips on how to cook. rather then waiting patently for her to finish so i can go about my work i actually listen and follow her instructions till the end learning something wonderful from a wise old chef that never went to school, just cooked many dinners for her family.
Yes and I think this is how most if not all have so called achieved this Awareness, most who go on studying for many years and believing they ahead of others because of their knowledge, are actually further than anyone could ever be, their cup is too full.
Closed Thread