Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 09-10-2017, 09:43 PM
Guide

Surrender or 'over it'

Most days i feel nothing. Nothing at all and almost look back with disbelief. Is this what surrender feels like? Or is it just me, getting over it and moving on. Arent they the same thing? What is the difference.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Master
Surrender is trusting, letting go in trust and in love, so without pinching yourself off from your Higher Self, your highest good, from unconditional love.
What you are describing doesn't sound like that, which is understandable since when you are working on letting go of someone you go through a period of mourning. Then you can feel numb, usually at some point you will get to different stages of mourning, sadness, denial, anger, and so on. Also not nice, but at least then you are feeling something again, which means you are on your way to recovery.
So no, it's not the same thing as surrendering. That's more what I said and also "when you love someone, set them free." When you surrender, you do that, and it doesn't get you down, doesn't get you out of your center and so on.
No one said surrendering was easy. If nothing else, I think it's one of the hardest things for humans to do because we all still have egos that are / get hurt. And as soon as ego rears its head, truly surrendering gets very difficult.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:43 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou1986
Most days i feel nothing. Nothing at all and almost look back with disbelief. Is this what surrender feels like? Or is it just me, getting over it and moving on. Arent they the same thing? What is the difference.
I believe what most of us have gone through is an energetic alignment with another...our energy in sync with anothers that is so close to ours and this is what caused the attraction. As we move through life though our energy changes to wanting different things which naturally means we gravitate towards other things we prefer. We do tend to live within the memory of what has been and compare it to the present which can cause pain or pleasure but when we do let go eventually we feel nothing because we are in a different place vibrationally speaking. Would that make sense to you?
Old 10-10-2017, 02:45 AM
Knower

it can go dormant. if it is a real tf it will come back. i lost feeling and i did it on purpose but i tried to lose feeling for 3.5 yrs. haha From what I understand, surrender is forgetting about it. Put it on the back burner. Only time is going to tell the answer to your question. I think to truly surrender the answer does not matter. The person knows whatever path is ahead is the right one whatever it will be.

Last edited by Roxane9 : 10-10-2017 at 04:05 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:48 AM
Seeker

Is the slumber permanent? I feel like I've let go, (very numb) and I've gotten signs of "new beginnings" but I can't help but wonder if the energies will change one day. When you say "real tf" do you mean the real twin flame and not the near twin? You can't help but wonder how this all happened and for it all to go away like nothing ever happened.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:20 AM
Master
FairyCrystal is on point. It happens many times when you don't feel nothing towards TF like you have lost interest and after a while you realize these feelings are still here, it's a typical process and also we cannot be every minute "in love" with our TF, maybe we have these moments just to relax from the connection and think about ourselves.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:23 AM
Knower

Quote:
I'm curious as well. It has been happening to me on and off during the last two years, but now it seems permanent. Do you feel more self love? Because, I think what contributed mostly in my case is that I've done some shadow work and started loving and respecting myself more, and I feel much more grounded now. What's funny is that he has become more spiritual in the meantime, so maybe we are just in balance now. I feel mild annoyance when I think of him, though, which is probably not ideal. But I definitely don't want to go through the rollercoaster feelings again, I've had enough of that, thank you.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:40 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Surrender is trusting, letting go in trust and in love, so without pinching yourself off from your Higher Self, your highest good, from unconditional love.
What you are describing doesn't sound like that, which is understandable since when you are working on letting go of someone you go through a period of mourning. Then you can feel numb, usually at some point you will get to different stages of mourning, sadness, denial, anger, and so on. Also not nice, but at least then you are feeling something again, which means you are on your way to recovery.
So no, it's not the same thing as surrendering. That's more what I said and also "when you love someone, set them free." When you surrender, you do that, and it doesn't get you down, doesn't get you out of your center and so on.
No one said surrendering was easy. If nothing else, I think it's one of the hardest things for humans to do because we all still have egos that are / get hurt. And as soon as ego rears its head, truly surrendering gets very difficult.

Iv been through all of those emotions and then some. Denial, anger, intense sadness, denial again, jealousy then acceptance, intense love again. Then i really went through shock, and a time of looking back at myself and my life and really not recognising any of my actions ot behaviour. Iv felt embarassed, silly, lied to and then at peace. I started my TF 'journey' al most 3 years ago and i was exhausted for such a long, long time. So now when i say i feel 'nothing' i really mean that.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:42 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
I believe what most of us have gone through is an energetic alignment with another...our energy in sync with anothers that is so close to ours and this is what caused the attraction. As we move through life though our energy changes to wanting different things which naturally means we gravitate towards other things we prefer. We do tend to live within the memory of what has been and compare it to the present which can cause pain or pleasure but when we do let go eventually we feel nothing because we are in a different place vibrationally speaking. Would that make sense to you?
Absolutely makes sense. I cant help but feel glad, in a strange way..
Old 10-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Knower

Quote:
Iv been through all of those emotions and then some. Denial, anger, intense sadness, denial again, jealousy then acceptance, intense love again. Then i really went through shock, and a time of looking back at myself and my life and really not recognising any of my actions ot behaviour. Iv felt embarassed, silly, lied to and then at peace. I started my TF 'journey' al most 3 years ago and i was exhausted for such a long, long time. So now when i say i feel 'nothing' i really mean that.

What I find weird is this happened to so many people at the same time, about three years ago. I'm not saying that means it's real. I kind of think maybe people got affected by the energy of real TFs coming together and the energy took them in even if it was false because supposedly a lot of real TFs met at that time.