Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 29-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Knower
Book1 I Have Lots of Rocks

Greetings Stone People

I started collecting rocks when I was a boy. I came home many days with my pockets lined with rocks. I gathered simple stones along my way, things like agates, basalt, quartz, petrified wood, granite, serpentine, small crystals that I would find from time to time, and so on. I soon realized that I had a huge collection of rocks, and I began sensing their "desire" to either be "used" or be returned to outdoors - they were all over my room.

I did return many of the rocks back to where I found them - some of them found new outdoor homes and made new rock friends where they were laid. I definitely felt like they were my friends. I didn't have a clue how to utilize their energies with any degree of understanding, but I did carry stones with me wherever I went, and I got a sense of protection and help from them always.

Fast forward many years to my 20's...

I was still fascinated by rocks of all kinds, and though I didn't keep any of the rocks from my childhood, I did still occasionally pick up a piece here and there from nature. It was at this time when I also began purchasing rocks, gemstones, crystals, etc, from almost anywhere I could buy them. I was spending hundreds of dollars on them, and I wasn't really appreciative of their power and usefulness apart from their awesome beauty and history.

I eventually got into learning about crystal energies and healing techniques, and over a period of 5-6 years I became quite knowledgeable and proficient in the utilization of their subtle and distinctive energies, though I was never able to connect as deeply with them as I did when I was a child. I eventually packed them all away in boxes (many HEAVY boxes) and stored them in the attic for over 16 years

Well I'm an old man now (not really ) and I have had my stone friends around my home for awhile now, proudly displayed and deeply loved. I have a new mix of awe and kinship with my rocks. I call it my rock collection, and when people see it they chuckle because they were expecting, well, rocks I guess

I once again have rocks on me at all times. Right now I have a piece of pink salt and a conglomerate rock of slate and quartz in my pocket (I almost always carry salt stones). I'm overjoyed that my stone helper friends and I have been so thoroughly reacquainted. Though I do have a few boxes still stashed away, I regularly rotate the pieces so that they each have time to be free from the cardboard prison. Thanks for letting me rant

I would love to share photos with you all but I don't have a photo host site like photobucket to load them to. Is there another way to load my pics directly from my computer???
Old 29-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Newbie ;)

This is really cool to hear! I have an affinity for collecting rocks, gemstones, crystals, etc. I studied geology for a while. I also had the knack for having to have my pants turned upside down when I was a kid and stones and rocks would fall out of my pockets before my parents put my clothes through the wash.

I feel like I can relate, though, with not personally being able to connect with them. I feel like I'm just drawn to them for the time being, and I'm just going to trust that feeling I have. I don't know about the photos, but if you figure it out I'd be really interested in seeing what you have! [[:

Thank you for sharing your story!
Old 30-06-2017, 04:44 AM
Experiencer
We would love to see some of your pictures !

There is lots of free sites to upload images from. Just google " free image upload " and lots will come up. Here's the one I always use:

https://postimage.io/

It's easy to use, I have some very large high resolution pictures on the forum. You can look at some of my pictures a few pages back on the " latest crystal acquisitions " thread.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:57 PM
Knower
Though I've uploaded my images to the recommended site, I am still unable to post them here :(
Old 07-07-2017, 05:54 AM
Experiencer
How I always post them is to upload them to that site, and then the site gives you a direct link. You copy that link and then you go back to this forum and click the " insert image " icon on the top of the message screen when you are typing out a message. It kind of looks like a picture with a mountain on it. Then the forum will bring up a little box with an http:/ symbol. You paste your link next to that symbol and hit O.K. You should then see a link of the picture on the message you are posting. Once you post your message that link will turn into a full size picture. Here is one I just did of one of my crystals:
Old 07-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Master
I enjoyed reading that, Green Tree. It reminded me of my own childhood, collecting stones outdoors when I was about 10. Mostly pebbles from our garden.
I remember my son being drawn to natural stones too as a kiddie. Whenever we went abroad, he wanted to take a stone home. Must be in our DNA make-up.

Thank you for sharing!
Old 07-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
How I always post them is to upload them to that site, and then the site gives you a direct link. You copy that link and then you go back to this forum and click the " insert image " icon on the top of the message screen when you are typing out a message. It kind of looks like a picture with a mountain on it. Then the forum will bring up a little box with an http:/ symbol. You paste your link next to that symbol and hit O.K. You should then see a link of the picture on the message you are posting. Once you post your message that link will turn into a full size picture.

I did all of that exactly as you've stated, and the resulting "image" posted on the forum board is just an "IMG" icon :(

Nice fluorite specimen BTW
Old 07-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Knower
This is what appears on the forum...
Old 07-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Knower

I didn't add the "link" to get the picture to appear. I went directly to the image and "copied link" from the image directly and it worked.

This is a calcite cluster from Mexico. I've had it for about 20 years. This is one of the many pieces that lived in storage for so long :(

The cluster is about the size of a large fist.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:15 PM
Knower
Sometimes it works for me and other times it does not?????