Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 24-07-2016, 04:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
LOL! You've come a long way, though, Gem! I admire you! You have to start somewhere and you have and doesn't it feel great. I've slacked off terribly the last month or so and it's not good. Now I'm trying to get back to it. Get back in shape. It's like I've become so weak. Did you know that even a two week break you lose it. Pretty much what I did. thankful for muscle memory though! But I just got weak again...even with running. I feel like a potato now. When my daughter gets off to work, I'm going to do a work out, then get on with my day.

It's good to have a rest day to let those muscle tears heal. you will remain persistent and consistent and be one of the stronger ones. You have truly inspired me to get back on the horse.

Yep, starting on the machines is good because the machine keeps the lift straight and you only have to control the motion, and that's good just to start getting the body moving and conditioning the muscles. The step to using free weights is a big one, as you have to completely control the weight, and that's the step I'm taking now. For blokes it will be an ego issue of trying to lift as heavy as possible, but as I said, big mucho ego isn't allowed in the gym. The 'Goldilocks weight', for me, is one I can lift 15 times without losing any control, but it's really at the limit on the 3rd set. Heavy doesn't really matter, and that's pretty hard for a guy, because all guys have a big mucho ego. Don't deny it, guys.
Old 24-07-2016, 06:38 AM
Master
Hey Gem ... Sarian hug :) :)

I moved my ab pro thingy to sweep under it the other day ... does that count? lol it was very heavy lol ....
Old 24-07-2016, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Hey Gem ... Sarian hug :) :)

I moved my ab pro thingy to sweep under it the other day ... does that count? lol it was very heavy lol ....

Yes, I think sweeping is very important, and I have neglected that beyond the joke, really. I mean being clean is healthy and I'm a terrible slob. Personally I'm ok, but domestically I'm shocking. I have been thinking about that a lot recently because, you know, it gets to the stage where one is embarrassed for others to see 'the way they live', and that's terrible for my senses of esteem and self isolating tendencies. I have to get my act together. I'm really happy to hear from you, sound.
Old 24-07-2016, 07:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yes, I think sweeping is very important, and I have neglected that beyond the joke, really. I mean being clean is healthy and I'm a terrible slob. Personally I'm ok, but domestically I'm shocking. I have been thinking about that a lot recently because, you know, it gets to the stage where one is embarrassed for others to see 'the way they live', and that's terrible for my senses of esteem and self isolating tendencies. I have to get my act together. I'm really happy to hear from you, sound.

Domestic duties ... no sense cleaning it until it is dirty is my motto lol
yes i agree ... sweeping is important too ... back when the earth was green i was care-taking a farm ... the old federation farm house had 12 rooms .. all bare boards which had been laid when the timber was too green ... tongue and groove, which meant sweeping between all the gaps on a daily basis almost 'cause the grout had gone a long time ago ... I became addicted to sweeping lol
The owner came over one day and slashed a 5 acre paddock and I spent the next week or so raking/sweeping it up into piles ... at first I was very higgledy piggledy in my approach, and wasted a lot of energy, but as I went on I became very methodical and economical in my stroke, and also my piles were more aligned and neater lol ... I then went around with the wheel barrow and picked them all up and made 3 massive big piles and spent the next several weeks sitting on the veranda watching them decompose haha ... the heat coming out of them was incredible ... it was a very meditative process, and as silly as it sounds it was one of the 'least most' time-wasting activities I undertook I reckon, at that time in my life ... it would have rotted down in the paddock anyway, so from a gardening perspective, it was quite unnecessary .. the neighbours probably thought I was crackers lol ....
Old 25-07-2016, 08:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Domestic duties ... no sense cleaning it until it is dirty is my motto lol
yes i agree ... sweeping is important too ... back when the earth was green i was care-taking a farm ... the old federation farm house had 12 rooms .. all bare boards which had been laid when the timber was too green ... tongue and groove, which meant sweeping between all the gaps on a daily basis almost 'cause the grout had gone a long time ago ... I became addicted to sweeping lol
The owner came over one day and slashed a 5 acre paddock and I spent the next week or so raking/sweeping it up into piles ... at first I was very higgledy piggledy in my approach, and wasted a lot of energy, but as I went on I became very methodical and economical in my stroke, and also my piles were more aligned and neater lol ... I then went around with the wheel barrow and picked them all up and made 3 massive big piles and spent the next several weeks sitting on the veranda watching them decompose haha ... the heat coming out of them was incredible ... it was a very meditative process, and as silly as it sounds it was one of the 'least most' time-wasting activities I undertook I reckon, at that time in my life ... it would have rotted down in the paddock anyway, so from a gardening perspective, it was quite unnecessary .. the neighbours probably thought I was crackers lol ....

Well, I had a good crack at the bathroom today, and I'll do a lot more cleaning up tomoz. I might even mow the lawn, and you are welcome to turn up with a rake. There are camellia flowers thick as mulch around the camellia bushes. It's practically sprig time anyway, so spring cleaning and spring flowers, and spring grass to mow, and just a spring... (even though it isn't 'really spring' yet). It's Sydney, though, so we can say it's spring as it's been warm enough, I reckon. What glorious weather it is, to boot.

I started back at Uni today. Bit of a slow start. My new lecturer seems cool, the work looks hard, but sounds like fun. Unfortunately, it's upset my training schedule, I missed today's training, and I have reorganise the routine. I have 5 training days a week, and workouts are between 1.5 and 2 hours long. Luckily, all my classes are on a Monday as I'm only doing one subject, so it's not hard to keep up the training and housework and cooking heath food.

Why is life this good? My karma must rock!
Old 25-07-2016, 09:04 AM
Master
Kinda looks like this:

Old 26-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Master
Gorgeous! Camelias are just beautiful :) you are doing so well to keep up with the training as well as the study commitment Gem ... I started well early in the year but its just a distant memory now .. not sure there is even any muscle memory left haha
Old 26-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Master
I was looking for the Flower thread you started a lifetime ago but couldn't locate it ... surely it hasnt been erased/moved?
Old 26-07-2016, 11:36 AM
Master
I wet to the gym and concentrated on core strength, and mucked about with several exercises I got off you-tube, some of which are a waste of time. It took 2 hours, but I can exclude some of the useless ones next time and probably shave 1/2 hour at least off that routine by just doing the harder ones. I want to do core and chest work on the same day, so I have to find a way of just doing the necessary ones, and maybe have 3/4 hour for the chest. I might do some shoulders and legs together tomorrow, which means missing the 90 minute cardio I usually do every second day, but I figure once I get all the routines better organised I migh be able to work all muscle groups in 3 days and still have the 2 days reserved for cardio. It just takes a while to sort through it and get a good schedule going.

I came home and pushed the lawnmower around, so it was a pretty active day.

I did a couple of readings for my uni course, all about early blues music, and one which featured career history of Little Richard as a drag queen, and he made a statement of himself as a musician by saying, 'I'm the king of the blues, and the queen, too". Love it.
Old 26-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Master
Try the swiss ball for core strength too, which you can use at home in front of your desk while you are hitting the books ... used it several times daily after spinal surgery and my core strength returned within a 6 week period ... mine is covered in dust at the moment but ill get back to it again ... it is good for use while laying on a yoga mat too ... remember that thread i started in the exercise forum .. it outlines a few of the routines i used ... i would probably break my neck now haha I've never been to a gym before and used all of the fancy equipment ... what sort of membership fees does it usually attract?