Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-11-2018, 01:47 PM
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualll
Quote:
I like gnosticism and I know a bit about it's spirituality but as a gnostic you should know that Jesus is an important figure, in fact a central figure as well as in gnosticism although this spiritual movement also accepts other spiritual way showers.

So what kind of gnostic you are if you say bad things about Jesus attacking his morals?

An honest one who follows the good dictated of the bible.

Gen3;22 Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil;

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

As to Jesus. The one I quote in the O.P. I see as a Rome created pacifist wimp who is quite immoral for the reasons stated.

There is more than one Jesus in scriptures and I like the more moral one that I usually quote. He wants to free our minds from the traditional religious and political controllers while the one you likely know wants to slave us to them.

Let me show the Jesus I follow and you will see the huge difference. I will do so while explaining why I call my God I am.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that lazy Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail. Please google ---- Alan Watts - On The Book of Eli

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.
Please google -------- Joseph Campbell--On Becoming an Adult

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Quote:
As for the Trinity thing, I agree with you. Jesus and God cannot be equal no matter how much emphasis Christians put on Jesus.

I usually don't pray to Jesus, only to God. And sometimes I call to the archangels.

We agree on the Trinity.

Praying is a waste of time. Meditation is what is required. Depending on your interpretation of those words, you might be doing some of both at the same time.

Regards
DL
Old 15-11-2018, 02:07 PM
Pathfinder

Yes, meditation is much more important than prayer. I am not familiar with the kind of gnosticism you practice. Are you familiar with Ecclesia Gnostica?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGczKjw9wok
Old 15-11-2018, 02:31 PM
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualll
Yes, meditation is much more important than prayer. I am not familiar with the kind of gnosticism you practice. Are you familiar with Ecclesia Gnostica?

I am and agree with how they would use the positives or loving parts of Gnostic Christianity, but they have not learned the lessons of history and do not fight evil hard enough.

They forget that hate is born from love and to not exercise that hate and follow this quote is not doing the loving thing for society.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Correcting hurts and we have to hurt evil if we are to push society towards the good.

Regards
DL
Old 15-11-2018, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop
Do you never test your beliefs?
Gen3;22 Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil;
1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.
Do you prefer to let others do your testing for you?
Well, let's see...my middle name is 'test things for yourself".
That's why I am no longer a Christian...if following the Nicene Council's definition....don't even believe
in that Garden Fall story, orig sin....and on it goes....I think I'm a testing kinda person.
I also research everything I can get my hands on of Jesus' messages from the Other Side....so, there Mr. Newbie.
I hold Jesus in too high a regard to open something obviously negative about him, like calling him something worse than a madman.

Thank you very much.

But, pls, carry on...have fun.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-11-2018, 09:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop
Flame?

Only if the author of that link is correct.

Otherwise, if wrong, Christians should be happy to show the wrongness.

Especially in the two areas I mentioned.

You peg me correctly though. I am no longer a Catholic. I am a Gnostic Christian. Some say the only good Christians.

Did you have a reply to the question?

Regards
DL

Come along now GCB surely wanted a reaction to see what would happen!
I don't really need to read that link because it assumes all of Jesus's teachings emerged from the early church completely intact and bases it on that. i just think some things were swayed by the various factions of the church.
On divorce, i have no idea but suspect Jesus viewed things that relationships should be like in heaven and probably would have supported someone running off from a bad one but not the formal concept of divorce as its a thing of this world, i mean i bet he had a few followers who left their partners to follow him.
your other question i dont know what that means exactly!
Old 15-11-2018, 10:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
: is weak tea and hardly worthy of a response :

This made me laugh, I haven't heard this before, can I change it

is weak tea and hardly worthy of drinking..

My theory is a Christian is someone who can see God the way Jesus see's God. Very tricky thing to do but not improbable. its not beliefs so much as how you see
Your mod is accepted, its creates the right idea 'hardly worthy' is also pretty funny

I forgot i was supposed to answer the question if Jesus can be God if he is not all knowing
its only really a problem if theres no mystical component to it and its all literal and absolute and the mystical element is turned rigid into a fixed definition, which then doesn't make sense. but if its not like that then its not a problem any more
who can say where Jesus ends and God begins. its a mystery meant to help understand our own relationship i think
Old 16-11-2018, 12:40 PM
Master

It has long been my personal belief that Jesus, had he really been the son of 'God', if such a thing were possible, would have not hesitated to indicate in many ways his right to this title.

He was, let's face it, according to the good book (?) born into a world in which poverty and ignorance was widespread and normal. Society, a collection of camel drivers and shepherds plus a few scribes, tax collectors, craftsmen and priests was well below the intellectual level achieved centuries before by Plato and Aristotle, by the Egyptians and by all those civilisations which had long before disappeared. Anyone who has been to Tunisia for example can still see today the sort of life which nature imposed upon its inhabitants. This apart from the fact that from the 33 years Jesus was alive the number of days he spent actually doing something can be counted on one's hands.

We may well assume that being the son of 'God' he would have had a much wider knowledge than that which he made use. Not, as far as I can see, that he made use of any of it.

On my part, had I been him, I would have at least told the then mankind that the Earth was a globe. As an example. This would have saved a lot of later unhappiness, strife and bloodshed - something that as being the son of an all-knowing father he would have been bound to know. It would also have given an edge to the acceptance of all later generations.

But no, even at the end he admitted it when he said, nailed on the cross together with two others (who obviously deserved to be in suffering and in pain) 'God, why hast thou forsaken me'.
Old 16-11-2018, 02:39 PM
Ascender

some want to believe that Jesus when praying, prayed to himself , (the Father). believing that Jesus was the Son on Earth, but the Father in Heaven... at the same time, makes no sense. because as you stated at that time Jesus didn't know, when the End would come ,(Mark 13:32). but Jesus is seen as a God ,(Isa. 9:6 "The mighty God, The everlasting Father). here is where MANY believe Jesus is the God of Israel...Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3 (kjv) "and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them"). MANY don't understand what it meant here, concerning god, there are MANY.

some on earth are gods to others, material things can be someone's god. whatever someone seem to worship ,(not actually praying to it), it can be their god, (1 Cor. 8:5). satan is also called a god, because some do actually worship him. he's know from the bible as the "god of this world", (2Cor. 4:4). but of ALL human gods, Jesus really could be called a god. because he did what NO other human could do, which was to save mankind. as for "everlasting father", Adam was our first father. but his sin as a human brought on sin to ALL mankind, (Rom.5:12 -Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned).

NO other imperfect human could save mankind. it took another perfect human to remove our sins or redo what Adam did to us, which was to bring on death. Jesus was that perfect man ,(1Cor. 15:22). Jesus, being called Adam, gave us life. so if Adam was our first father, Jesus became the "everlasting father". he was the ONLY who could save us. ,(1Cor. 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit). still he wasn't as you showed the Almighty God. Jesus proved that when he said at ,(John 3:16 "for God so love the world, that he gave his only begotten Son"). he couldn't have been ANY CLEARER, of this message. MANY can repeat it, but still refuse to BELIEVE the man they claim to follow. peace
Old 16-11-2018, 05:35 PM
Master

Jesus was God but when he was born into this world be became human as well. He was born without sin but with human limitations, such as the need to learn.

And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man.
Luke 2:52 ESV

He never ceased to be God but he temporarily set aside his exercise of his divine attributes.
Old 16-11-2018, 11:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
It has long been my personal belief that Jesus, had he really been the son of 'God', if such a thing were possible, would have not hesitated to indicate in many ways his right to this title.

He was, let's face it, according to the good book (?) born into a world in which poverty and ignorance was widespread and normal. Society, a collection of camel drivers and shepherds plus a few scribes, tax collectors, craftsmen and priests was well below the intellectual level achieved centuries before by Plato and Aristotle, by the Egyptians and by all those civilisations which had long before disappeared. Anyone who has been to Tunisia for example can still see today the sort of life which nature imposed upon its inhabitants. This apart from the fact that from the 33 years Jesus was alive the number of days he spent actually doing something can be counted on one's hands.

We may well assume that being the son of 'God' he would have had a much wider knowledge than that which he made use. Not, as far as I can see, that he made use of any of it.

On my part, had I been him, I would have at least told the then mankind that the Earth was a globe. As an example. This would have saved a lot of later unhappiness, strife and bloodshed - something that as being the son of an all-knowing father he would have been bound to know. It would also have given an edge to the acceptance of all later generations.

But no, even at the end he admitted it when he said, nailed on the cross together with two others (who obviously deserved to be in suffering and in pain) 'God, why hast thou forsaken me'.

well this is a very biased reading. for a start the rustic depiction of life would be true for any society back then outside the intellectual centres, and people of intelligence are spread pretty evenly. I think Jesus did prefer those who had some understanding, but didn't care about sophistication in his audience. that shows wisdom