Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 11-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Deactivated Account

does wanting make it so ?

curious to know, if one is asking their pendulum questions .....and is wanting the answers to be a certain yes or no, does this influence the pendulum and make it so ?

Dream Angel xx
Old 11-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Blackhawk

It can, yes.

You must ground yourself and before asking each question clear your mind and focus only on the question. Remember that a pendulum can only read the situation at the time, on the path you are currently on.

You can also try hanging your pendulum and sending it energy and see if you get a response without touching it, although it is recommended to hold the pendulum between thumb and forefinger.

If your pendulum acts erratic, remember they need cleansed often.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you for your reply Blackhawk, I do hold the pendulum between my thumb and forefinger.

My pendulum has never acted erratic, but for curiosity, how does one cleanse a pendulum ?
Old 11-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Administrator
Hey Dream Angel,

you can cleanse your pendulum in a few ways.some people believe in rubbing salt on it rince off under cold water and let it dry.others think just let the water run down the crystal and let it dry in the sunshine.
it depends what woks for you, as for asking if you can influence the pendulum to swing one way. yes you can.
I always clear my mind ask a pacific question and see what you get from that.

Namaste
Old 11-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Blackhawk

I personally ask the pendulum how they prefer to be cleansed. Like Native says, some like salt and water. Some prefer hanging in full sun for a day, or full moonlight.

Always start any question with a base question. I always ask 'am I a woman?' and then 'am I a man' to make sure my crystal is attunded and acting normally. :)
Old 11-08-2014, 11:40 PM
Deactivated Account

Hey Native Spirit

I am glad you didn't mention sage smudging, I just can't do that

Thanks for the suggestions, I will do so tonight.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Deactivated Account

Blackhawk, I always start with 3 base questions, so I get which way the pendulum is swinging for the yes, no and maybes.

As for asking it which cleansing method it prefers, I don't have much luck with 'hearing ' pendulums or crystals ' speaking ' to me
Old 09-09-2014, 03:06 AM
Experiencer

Hey there...
Yes I have had issues detatching myself from answers, but I devised a little method that I believe works beautifully. It has sometimes told me the answers I didnt want to hear, but generally the answers prove to be pretty spot on. Write out your question on a piece of paper, then write down all of the possible answers on other bits of paper, cut them up and put them into envelopes (or some way of making them indistinguishable from each other). Shuffle them about on the table and then line them up in order. One of the answers should swing Yes. An example I used, I wanted to know the nature of a past life connection with a very good friend of mine, she has always been special, part family part friend. I put the question, and wrote answers including "Married", "Siblings", etc and also included "No Connection" and "Something not listed" so as to cover all available options, so that one of the answers must be correct. Try to go with 4 to 8 or so answers, not too many. My answer came basck "Parent/Child" - which to me made perfect sense as I have always been rather protective of her in a bit of a fatherly way. Now I couldnt see the answers as I was diving the responses, so I wasnt looking for one particular answer over another, like I said it works well for me.
Old 16-09-2014, 01:10 AM
Deactivated Account

Hey KingofPentacles , welcome to the forum !

That is a really interesting suggestion with the different answers and the envelopes , I have never heard of this one before . I will try it tonight, thanks much !

Adrienne

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 16-09-2014, 01:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
curious to know, if one is asking their pendulum questions .....and is wanting the answers to be a certain yes or no, does this influence the pendulum and make it so ?

Dream Angel xx

Yes... That is the hardest part about doing any type of spiritual work for oneself. If they are strong and headset on what they want to hear, they will make themselves hear it.

It's also why, when working with a pendulum since that is what you asked, one should use their non-dominant hand. To help minimize on ones influence on the answer.