Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 19-02-2018, 04:27 PM
Knower

About Tibetan Buddhism.
My teacher was a real high-level attained who massively led students to achieve liberation and enlightenment, gave mass initiations and as a test all the students before acknowledging from the achievement of liberation passed through a sealed chamber from 3 days to a week. Those who have now reached about 100 cheloveka.Hotya in his time was 250. And the Dalai Lama in every way then touted my teacher, as well as many great lamas of Tibetan Buddhism. For example, the famous Kalu Rinpoche said that "you met somewhere life with this Buddoy.I if you do not practice as his disciples in this life, you will not find such a law and a teacher in millions of your next life! "
And then the society began to press my teacher and organization. And the Dalai Lama simply renounced it.
Therefore, I Pts doubt the greatness of the Dalai Lama.
He's just a politician.

I can draw a good diagnosis of a person from a photo. A person who has reached or not is visible by energy. The Dalai Lama has achieved the maximum of kundalini yoga. But to take disciples to liberation, one needs Mahamudra (jnana yoga) and above. And those who have attained a more subtle and strong energy that the Dalai Lama never had. And you yourself think .. For example, the founder of modern three Buddhist schools Tsongkhapa forbade you to seek the reincarnation of lamas and reached about it Nowhere did the Buddha himself speak .. He said that it is senseless. But in modern Buddhism, everywhere to attract different positions literally "the ears" of various small boys, who often did not reach the release and implementation .and call it all just Lamami..Oni maksium scientists received their religious education.
Old 19-02-2018, 04:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitiananda
About Tibetan Buddhism.
My teacher was a real high-level attained who massively led students to achieve liberation and enlightenment, gave mass initiations and as a test all the students before acknowledging from the achievement of liberation passed through a sealed chamber from 3 days to a week. Those who have now reached about 100 cheloveka.Hotya in his time was 250. And the Dalai Lama in every way then touted my teacher, as well as many great lamas of Tibetan Buddhism. For example, the famous Kalu Rinpoche said that "you met somewhere life with this Buddoy.I if you do not practice as his disciples in this life, you will not find such a law and a teacher in millions of your next life! "
And then the society began to press my teacher and organization. And the Dalai Lama simply renounced it.
He's just a politician.

He's just a politician.[/quote]

I'm sure you know best
Old 19-02-2018, 06:30 PM
Experiencer
Anyway...

I'm enjoying ''Buddhism For Dummies'', Sky! On Chapter 3, but it is sinking in already and I am remembering it all

I went to see a friend today and when I mentioned researching Buddhism, he asked me to wait a minute, went out the room, came back and handed me over a book called ''Transform Your Life'' by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, so I'll give that a whirl after I've finished this current book.

Apologies if someone has mentioned ''Transform Your Life'' earlier in the thread - I forgot to scroll back before I started typing it out
Old 19-02-2018, 07:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34
Anyway...

I'm enjoying ''Buddhism For Dummies'', Sky! On Chapter 3, but it is sinking in already and I am remembering it all

I went to see a friend today and when I mentioned researching Buddhism, he asked me to wait a minute, went out the room, came back and handed me over a book called ''Transform Your Life'' by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, so I'll give that a whirl after I've finished this current book.

Apologies if someone has mentioned ''Transform Your Life'' earlier in the thread - I forgot to scroll back before I started typing it out

Glad your enjoying the book, it is very easy to read and if it's sinking in even better 😁.
I have read ' Transform your life' a while ago, it's a nice book. He writes quite a lot and some can be found for free if you look around and if you enjoy his style of writing.
There are sooooooo many books it can be overwhelming trying to choose what to read, just take your time and do what feels comfortable for you, just enjoy what your doing that's what matters
Old 20-02-2018, 05:10 AM
Knower

No matter how many books you read, and Buddhism is a real spiritual practice. After hankering with devotion to this Guru, then the step of observing the commandments and practice of donating and serving is going on. Therefore, until these basic practices are practiced, spiritual practice will not budge. This is all is equal to not pour gasoline into the tank of the car and do not screw the wheels to the car ... Without gasoline and wheels attached to the car, it will not go anywhere.
Old 20-02-2018, 07:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitiananda
No matter how many books you read, and Buddhism is a real spiritual practice. After hankering with devotion to this Guru, then the step of observing the commandments and practice of donating and serving is going on. Therefore, until these basic practices are practiced, spiritual practice will not budge. This is all is equal to not pour gasoline into the tank of the car and do not screw the wheels to the car ... Without gasoline and wheels attached to the car, it will not go anywhere.

I am sure that people can make their own minds up in regards to reading Buddhist teachings or not. Following a guru is similar, you listen to their teachings and put them into practice and decide if they are a help or a hindrance, same with books....

Whatever way you choose to practise the proof of the pudding is in the eating....
Old 20-02-2018, 07:42 AM
Knower

Correctly you are talking. You can try to practice only in practice. How many would you not read exciting and interesting books-this is something like looking at a tasty cake in a picture. To try this cake you need to actually buy it and eat it. The same with the teaching. It is necessary to judge him really to start practicing. And practice begins with gaining devotion and faith to the real master who achieved liberation. And in Buddhism and in yoga, the evidence that the practitioner or Guru has reached God or Maha of nirvana has always been e th ability to enter samadi.
But since the meditative level of Lam in Tibet fell such now is almost nonexistent.
But in Yoga still is. In India, in fact, Buddhism is regarded as one of the schools of Hinduism. They are called the Lam School. Because initially the Buddha himself practiced Yoga and the right path of tantra (hard asceticism)
Old 04-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Seeker
I totally understand where you coming from and it can be overwhelming with so much information out there.

I am a beginner as well and started with a daily meditation practice even if it is for 5 mins a day. And studying the 3 jewels are a good place to start and go from there. :)
Old 08-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Experiencer

A good place for a beginner to start is this PDF of "What the Buddha Taught" by Walpola Rahula:

http://www.ahandfulofleaves.org/docu...ght_rahula.pdf

...and especially "The Four Noble Truths" by Ajahn Sumedho:

https://www.amaravati.org/dhamma-boo...-noble-truths/

With kind wishes,

Sam _/|\_