Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 28-01-2018, 02:19 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Yep.

Some of your other posts - you need to give me a cheat sheet

That is more then okay. I have discovered that seeds germinate at different rates.

Staring into the abyss stares back.
What does that have to do with nonduality?
Nothing.
I find them seeds of flower/ flowers from seed.
Old 28-01-2018, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bhagavad Gita via davidsun
I am the Heat of the Sun, I release and hold back the Rains. I am Death and Immortality; I am Being and Not-Being.

"Ahh, the glorious Isness of Being" rang in my head as I was finishing reprising this thread.

Then, pow, came the realization that there really cannot be any such thing (or non-thing! ) as Non-Being.

There is non-existence, meaning not-manifest in any 'external' world.

But Being, the Isness of Being, is eternally everpresent whether IT is manifest or not.

Non-Being cannot be and so never really is (except as thought and talked about idea, which is a kind of being, aye what?)

The fact that it (the false concept of Non-Being) is included in the Gita quote suggests to me that the idea is am embedded 'bug'-a-boo (an 'awful' thought) for most people, so pontificators of Oneness include it as a designated 'reality' within Oneness. That way, peeps - authors and audiences alike - may/can/will 'relax' with the thought that 'they' (their beingness or isness) can/will never not be a part of said Oneness.

I think it is a 'sweet' (linguistic sleight of mind) 'lie' -- that Non-Being is a part of Oneness -- to reassure peeps (who are still 'afraid' of it as a 'real' possibility) that one's 'spirit' can never be completely reduced to 'zero' or ejected 'out' of and so be separated from Oneness by being 'relegated' to Non-Being.

'Survival' is quite the emotionally-loaded 'fantasy', evoking as it does fear of 'non-survival', aye what?

I suspect the same (existential?) 'anxiety' is what gives rise to concerns about 'duality' or 'dualistic existence' being like a 'branch' which is somehow 'separate' from the Isness of Being which is therefore susceptible to getting/being 'cut off' from It.

My sense is that peeps who don't have such 'concerns' because they are completely (emotionally) sure (and many 'simple' folks 'simply' are so!) that their Beingness is 'eternally' valid and will continue to be so no matter what 'state' of Isness they are 'in' will 'see' this discussion as being 'irrelevant', albeit possibly of curiosity satisfying interest, to them.

Synopsis: One can be 'nothing', in the sense of no 'thing' (one can just be a 'spirit' for instance), but one can't not 'be' what one is - Non-Being is not a possibility, IOW.

Shakespeare didn't have it right. "To be or not to be" is not the question. "What to be and how one may best be so" is! That question is often 'hidden' and so 'finessed' by focus on the former one.

Of course, ideas and convolutions thereof being so elastically maleable, others may well 'see' the BIG PICTURE quite differently than the way I have 'pointed' it.
Old 28-01-2018, 07:50 PM
Knower
I AM is both the source of magic and magic itself.

How can that be?

The answer to that is basic to the statement itself.

It's been said throughout history in more elaborate ways as if to bury it in the convention of practice in various institutions.
Old 29-01-2018, 05:11 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Yeah yo right on dat.
Old 29-01-2018, 06:21 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
I AM is both the source of magic and magic itself.

How can that be?

It's MAGIC

With Love
Eelco
Old 30-01-2018, 03:33 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Yeah yo right on dat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
It's MAGIC

Right on!!

I'm betting after you read the next sentence through and through you'll get the real message I sent:

That which realizes magic's scope cannot be it's full scope.
Old 30-01-2018, 06:19 AM
Eelco

And that. Is magic too.

With love
Eelco
Old 30-01-2018, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
I'm betting after you read the next sentence through and through you'll get the real message I sent:

That which realizes magic's scope cannot be it's full scope.
Quote:
And that. Is magic too.
With love
Eelco
What have we here? 'Dueling' nondualities?
Old 30-01-2018, 06:56 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun

Quote:
And that. Is magic too.

With love
Eelco

Old 30-01-2018, 07:18 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun

Nah. I'm just playing with myself.

With Love
Eelco