Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 27-03-2020, 01:13 PM
Administrator
Hello

I work in retail where we get "Decorative Rock" in from time to time and when it comes in the staff will say "Lynn there is a nice piece in" and I will go OMG its fake or heat treated or man made ext. They are like how do you know. I feel it right off before I even go to look at times. What do we do with them ? They are decorative so you use them in that way.

I did get the deal of a lifetime at work a 3 foot amethyst tower, that is not heat treated for $320.00 Cdn that has a retail value of $1500 Cdn. It is my price that goes with another raw amethyst I got at a flea market.

There are deals to be found out there as the buyers for retail do not know what at times they are looking at and if your in the right place at the right time you find a steal of a deal. I have some from work that are worth hundreds that I paid less than $20 for. I have had customers come to me and ask me if the price is real ? As they know their stuff. Other customers will ask me why they feel a pull to a crystal.

I have done the blind tests in workshops and I know instantly what is fake, but at times the fake will have an energy to it still if it has been altered by the hand of man and will ask for a healing. The one's that are lab grown that sadly are sold as fakes well that karma will go back on the person that ordered them made.

I look at those that I have that are "fake" as a nice decoration, as at times they have come to me as a gift.

Lynn
Old 28-03-2020, 04:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
The ruby was easy, hihi. I already had my suspicions from the looks of it. I have a real one, so I know what it's supposed to look like, including when you turn it in light. It has these 'layers' inside. This one didn't have that.
I decided to put it in water. Within a minute the water was as red as if a beetroot was put in it.
I contacted the seller and immediately got my money back.

The citrine was trickier. I felt a different energy, not citrine. I had a very good look in the light and saw the yellow was clearly not evenly spread, not in a natural way.
I think they were irradiated or dyed.
Then there's the fact the seller immediately refunded me...
They're absolutely not real citrine.

So a combination of feeling and seeing, and in case of the 'ruby' the water.
The bummer is, what do you do with them? They are crystals that have been treated. But energetically they don't do anything for me. Yet throwing them in the bin.. I can't!

This year, I plan on finishing the Colored Stone program from GIA.

This year I started collecting Pearls. Most of them are GIA certified. It wasn't till this year that I had any interest in Pearls. Now I want to get certified in Pearls after completing the Colored Stones program from GIA.

As for Citrine, I saw some fantastic looking Citrine points this year at some of The Tucson Gem/Mineral/Rock, etc. shows but ...... they were not Citrine. The Natural Citrine I get comes from South Africa. They normally do not have the aesthetic beauty of a synthetic but once you know what Naturals look like, it is hard to look at synthetics again.

I do have a large Natural Citrine cluster that have about 50 - 75 Double Terminated Citrine Crystals on each side of the cluster.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-03-2020, 10:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
This year, I plan on finishing the Colored Stone program from GIA.

This year I started collecting Pearls. Most of them are GIA certified. It wasn't till this year that I had any interest in Pearls. Now I want to get certified in Pearls after completing the Colored Stones program from GIA.

As for Citrine, I saw some fantastic looking Citrine points this year at some of The Tucson Gem/Mineral/Rock, etc. shows but ...... they were not Citrine. The Natural Citrine I get comes from South Africa. They normally do not have the aesthetic beauty of a synthetic but once you know what Naturals look like, it is hard to look at synthetics again.

I do have a large Natural Citrine cluster that have about 50 - 75 Double Terminated Citrine Crystals on each side of the cluster.
It does depend where it's from, what area. The same with for instance amethyst or rose quartz. I have rose quartz that is intensely pink and rose quartz that is lighter. Some are more semi-transparent.
Lot of variations and all are rose quartz.

From what I've seen it's the same with citrine. My large point is very light, the ones they sell in the shop I visit are darker, yellower. I believe these are from Africa as well.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:13 AM
Master
     Have you seen any Star Rose Quartz?

How about Euhedral Rose Quartz?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:13 AM
Master
I'm not sure, I don't think so. The Euhedral Rose Quartz looks interesting, a bit like the amethyst flower. Really beautiful!
I do have one that is more transparent, but not like that. It is still semi-transparant though, and high quality. One from Madagascar. I love it!
But in general rose quartz is not my stone. Never has been.
I do have it, but I prefer other pink stones, a deep pink morganite -rough or tumbled-, petalite. A delicate light pink danburite etc.
I have no idea why rose quartz doesn't really do it for me, although there are a few exceptions.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:43 PM
Pathfinder

Rose quartz just sucks...if it works for you keep using it.

Its one of those hyped crystals where for some reason people associate pink (rose) with love...i don't know where people made the assumption. When people are in nature they usually feel somekind of love or bliss and usually the color is green or brown/coyote tan.

To me it looks like one of those crystals for cucks...people who constantly get walked over and need somekind of teddybear...or christians who are extremely virtue signalers then drain themselfs like the cucks they are and then need some rose quartz.

I rather go fire agate and punching people in the face (so to speak)....i can't stand that new age inner child ****.

I held small pieces, clear, milky, large, small and even clusters..rose quartz just suck..its not really decorative either compared to for example amethyst
Old 03-04-2020, 04:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I'm not sure, I don't think so. The Euhedral Rose Quartz looks interesting, a bit like the amethyst flower. Really beautiful!
I do have one that is more transparent, but not like that. It is still semi-transparant though, and high quality. One from Madagascar. I love it!
But in general rose quartz is not my stone. Never has been.
I do have it, but I prefer other pink stones, a deep pink morganite -rough or tumbled-, petalite. A delicate light pink danburite etc.
I have no idea why rose quartz doesn't really do it for me, although there are a few exceptions.

I have an Amethyst Flower that I have to do a little bit of work on her so as to make her a radiant beauty. She has some whitish crystallized substance on her. I suspect that white stuff can be dissolved with a little bit of hydrocloric acid. If not, it means I got to do surgery on her.