Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Master

Valerian root tea

Hi all
Someone on the forum mentioned about taking valerian root tea to help with astral projection. Does anyone else take it? If so, does it work. I am just curious.
Old 24-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Boom

bumping coz id also be interested in any supplements people take to aid with astral projection.
Old 24-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Master

Hi Boom, it was nice to get a reply. I guess people do not take that tea so that is why I did not get much in replies.
I tried the herbal tea. I drank the tea after dinner because that was what I was told to do by the herbalist shop person. The shop person said it will make your dreams vivid and will relax you as well. I only tried it for two days because I do not like the tea. Two days may not be enough to say whether it will work or not. It made no difference to me. I will try to drink the tea again and finish it up. I would like to give it a fair go. I read on the internet that that for some people it can be instant results and other people can take a lot longer.
Old 25-06-2011, 12:24 AM
iolite

I know valarian is a sleep aid and takes about an hour to "kick" in. Try throwing in a teabag of your favorite brew to help mask the flavor. Peppermint is good at this.
Old 25-06-2011, 01:04 AM
Experiencer
Hey Suzie,
I was led to Valerian Root tea, not as an aid in Projecting.... But to stop me from Projecting at a time in my life when I was having great difficulty....not projecting all the freakin time.
The Valerian Root tea brewed really strong..... worked for that.... Whew!!!!

So if you are looking for an aid....don't do the Valerian.
Old 25-06-2011, 02:07 AM
Alan

I briefly read up on it and it's not something I would consider as a likely projection aid. In theory anything which helps you go to sleep can be helpful, and some drugs and nutrients can increase your dream awareness.

A little trick I learned is to Google it and add the words "dreams" to your search. You'll find that people who don't know a thing about astral projection will report their experiences with these drugs and will comment on how it affects their sleep and dreams, so you gain a much wider sample size than you would if you were to search "<X supplement> astral projection".
Old 25-06-2011, 03:03 AM
seeker of wisdom

If valerian root doesn't help does anyone of a herb that would relax the mind. To get to the state needed for ap?
Old 25-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Master

Thanks for your replies. I think I will throw out that tea.
Old 25-06-2011, 04:12 AM
Experiencer
How can you throw out something that smells like 2 year old gym socks...
Do you have dogs? As I recall it may have a catnip like effect on dogs..
Old 25-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Master

Hi seeker of wisdom, When nothing works or you have been trying to ap for a while and it does not happen, you tend to get desperate. That is how I feel. You can make ap happen with a much higher success rate when nothing works.
I know there will be people that do not like my idea and I can understand that. People do not like the idea of trying to ap as long as it takes. My idea may not be for you but it usually works. When you start to ap, ap happens more often and earlier. That is from my experience. This is what I do.

. I do not lie down in bed. It is too easy to turn over and go to sleep.
. I lie down on a thin mattress in the lounge room on the floor and wait to ap. I will lie there as long as it takes to ap.
. I also have the TV on to help me not to fall asleep. I have tried not to listen to the TV or radio but I keep falling asleep. Occasionally I can stay awake. It gets very disappointing to wake up in the morning to find you have fallen asleep. You can still fall asleep with the TV on as I did last night. It was only for a short while. I remembered what I dreamt. You need to be aware and look for signs to ap. Saying to yourself I can see is a good idea. If you can see, then you know you can exit from yourself.
I have learnt recently if my body feels aching or a bit sore, it is no good just keep lying there because ap does not happen. It is good to get up and stretch or walk for a short while then start again.