Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-04-2015, 02:56 PM
Experiencer
Are you afraid of death?

I ask because I truly have no fear of it. Now when I am on my actual deathbed, that is not to say I won't feel scared then, but my whole life, even as a child, I always had this feeling that I wanted to somehow "go back". And because of this, it is very difficult for me to feel like most deaths are tragic. For example, a man in his 70s who loses his mother in her 90s and can't seem to get over it. It is extremely hard for me to relate to this type of situation to see why it would be viewed as a tragedy. Especially when the person left grieving claims to believe in an afterlife.

Do you fear death, and if so, why? I am not talking about suffering or illness or some kind of pain because of the process, but the actual parting from this world. I guess I am just more sure of the spiritual realm than I am of life in some weird way.
Old 30-04-2015, 08:28 PM
Administrator
No I have no fear of death at all I am a medium so it wouldn't scare me

After all there is no death only Eternal life

Namaste
Old 30-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Master
nope. I figure there's no more pain or suffering once you die, and that sounds pretty much like the opposite of scary to me.
Old 30-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Ascender

yeah, it terrifies me!!!

Just lost my mum at age 84 with me aged 46, natural order or not, it's left me brokenhearted. The thing about the man aged 70 losing his mother at 90; why should he not grieve, it's still the woman who brought him into the world and who has been there for 70 years. To suggest otherwise shows a serious lack of empathy for people. And as for not grieving because of a belief in afterlife, I doubt anyone can be that certain that they will be reunited. Noone knows for sure it exists, NDEs/Apparitions/Mediums all suggest its possible but all too can be debunkerd or otherwise explained. Even if there is a survival you may still not be reunited with loved ones as they may reincarnate or go off to another level if we believe these forums. Death is a massive separation from a loved one and to feel otherwise is abnormal. The appliance of ageism to grief is particularly ignorant and unhelpful to anyone going through the process.
Old 30-04-2015, 09:23 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
yeah, it terrifies me!!!

Just lost my mum at age 84 with me aged 46, natural order or not, it's left me brokenhearted. The thing about the man aged 70 losing his mother at 90; why should he not grieve, it's still the woman who brought him into the world and who has been there for 70 years. To suggest otherwise shows a serious lack of empathy for people. And as for not grieving because of a belief in afterlife, I doubt anyone can be that certain that they will be reunited. Noone knows for sure it exists, NDEs/Apparitions/Mediums all suggest its possible but all too can be debunkerd or otherwise explained. Even if there is a survival you may still not be reunited with loved ones as they may reincarnate or go off to another level if we believe these forums. Death is a massive separation from a loved one and to feel otherwise is abnormal. The appliance of ageism to grief is particularly ignorant and unhelpful to anyone going through the process.

I didn't intend to offend, and actually I am not here to argue at all. If you are offended, that's certainly your right. I did not say the man should not grieve. But in the case I was referring to, the mother died over 12 years ago. Don't you think that he might have an issue if after that long, he can't move on in some sort of peace? Mind you, the woman did not suffer one day, died in her sleep and lived a full life. Curious your thoughts. I am in no way an ageist or a non-caring person. I did lose one parent early in life though, so my perspective will be different. I lost my mother at age 14, so it is very difficult for me to see the tragedy in the situation to which I referred. And as far as separation, I have had experiences that let me know without a doubt that my mother is with me. I only recently realized it, but she's been there all along.
Old 30-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Ascender

12 years is a long time but to be fair everyone is different, my bereavement counsellor sees people who are still finding it hard after 10 years. I too had the experience of losing a parent at a similar age, my father when I was 13. For me the passing of my mother has been a lot harder as I have had 33 more years invested in her.

To each his own path
Old 30-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
12 years is a long time but to be fair everyone is different, my bereavement counsellor sees people who are still finding it hard after 10 years. I too had the experience of losing a parent at a similar age, my father when I was 13. For me the passing of my mother has been a lot harder as I have had 33 more years invested in her.

To each his own path

Interesting! I honestly never thought of it this way. More time invested. Thanks for clarifying. I will say though that I feel 100% certain about an afterlife. Always have, always will. Sorry for your loss too. The interesting thing for me in your comment is that my experience was opposite because the parent I was closer to left early. The other died in their 80's but the grief was not the same. Thanks for an interesting perspective. And we are the same age. :)
Old 30-04-2015, 09:33 PM
Ascender

Thanks Pleased to have shown you that pov.

I really wish I had that certainty of an afterlife; what gives you that??
Old 30-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Thanks Pleased to have shown you that pov.

I really wish I had that certainty of an afterlife; what gives you that??

Honestly, many MANY very odd experiences in the last couple of years. Things happened that I knew without a doubt were caused by my mom's spirit.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:30 PM
Knower
I wish I wasn't afraid of death, I'm not afraid of death for my myself but I wouldn't want to hurt those who I leave behind. I need to be here to look after my daughter & protect her from such feelings.