Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-02-2019, 11:25 PM
Suspended
Guide
My demons...

My demon is that I feel utterly abandoned by God. I thought he was supposed to love me and make sure I'm okay, but it feels I'm lost to him. He doesn't even know I am here. It hurts so bad. I pray and I get nothing. I can listen to Christian music and see the perspectives of other people and how they feel and communicate and feel guided by God. I don't feel that way. Is it because I like the same sex? Is it a curse? I'm not sure, but I have little left to fight for or to fight with. Feel defeated. I want to know God is real.

Can someone help me?
Old 19-02-2019, 02:05 AM
Master
Every hair on your head is numbered.

You are worth more than many sparrows.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 19-02-2019, 03:43 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Every hair on your head is numbered.

You are worth more than many sparrows.
I just can't believe that I'm sorry I feel abandoned and worthless to everyone including God.
Old 19-02-2019, 05:58 AM
Knower

I was once told; When you come to the acknowledgement and acceptance of Christ/God, that's when all of your troubles will start.

It isn't until we seriously come to the end of ourselves, (self-pride) to stand firm choosing to persevere where patience is required to obey and serve God in a diligent manner. That won't be your doing, God will surely do that for you.

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7

Give to God your all in prayer, all of your anxieties, emotions, fears, grief, pain, struggles and turmoil. Name it!
Old 19-02-2019, 09:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Perhaps you're praying to the wrong God. Happened to me too. If you're gay, the Christian / Jewish God is certainly not on your side, so why would you pray to him, anyway? At the risk of being Politically Incorrect, there are real gods out there who will actually help you and are gay-friendly. This is not to bash Christians or Jews, if it works for them fine, but it certainly didn't work for me. Any god that considers homosexuality a sin and punishable by death no less, is not worth your time.

God is not who you think he is and not the god of the bible that says his against gay's. The real God that i come to understand won't care if someone is gay or straight or even evil. My God loves all his children unconditionally!!!

My God, the father is the same God as Jesus said!!!
Old 19-02-2019, 09:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla
My demon is that I feel utterly abandoned by God. I thought he was supposed to love me and make sure I'm okay, but it feels I'm lost to him. He doesn't even know I am here. It hurts so bad. I pray and I get nothing. I can listen to Christian music and see the perspectives of other people and how they feel and communicate and feel guided by God. I don't feel that way. Is it because I like the same sex? Is it a curse? I'm not sure, but I have little left to fight for or to fight with. Feel defeated. I want to know God is real.

Can someone help me?

God is always with us even if we can't feel his presence he is still there. You have to open yourself up to God and make place/space in you so his holy spirit can be felt.

Sometimes thing look bad from our perspective in time and space but if you look at the bigger picture you see it's the tough moments in life that helps the most. God will help if you ask him but not like you think. God will give you the power or the courage to get through your problems. God can see the bigger picture so he know's what is best for you, even if it doesn't feel or make sense to us.

Life is hard and we all suffer cause of our "ego" and our clinging to things. Clinging is the mother of all suffering and us judging our experiences as good or bad. So it's our ego, issues and fears that stands in our we to God. The more you get rid of issues, fears and ego the more space you have for Gods holy spirit.Also, our attitude to life, situations and experiences is a big cause of our suffering.

Have faith brother, God will never leave us.
Old 19-02-2019, 11:41 AM
Master
Accepting yourself as you are is accepting god as god is .

Problems can occur when God is personalised in way's where god has preferences and looks over and loves one individual over another.

The greatest challenge as I see it is loving oneself as one is, or if one is not feeling that they are living life truly as they want to be or as they believe they should then one will only feel a level of peace if one makes steps towards this.

When one feels that they are doing the best that they can in such areas then it won't matter what anyone else thinks, or whether anyone else loves you or not including God personalised.

x daz x
Old 19-02-2019, 01:14 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:

Can someone help me?

Muster up what kindness and Love you have within yourself and go help someone else.
Put yourself out of the way and go on a mission from God to go bless someone else.
Intend that someone else may receive what you desire.
Look around and if you see a need and you can fulfill that need then fill it.
Look for ways to bless people.
There are so many ways to take a risk and bless someone else.
They don't even have to know it can be anonymous.

A smile!
A dollar!
A kind gesture!
A kind deed!
A big tip!
Donate to Good Will!
Kiss a Loved one and say you Love them!

Do NOT stay in self pity please, the world needs you.
That's my 2 cents worth.
Old 19-02-2019, 11:17 PM
Master

I don't know if I can help directly, but you could try reading these, they have helped me
http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/odes4.html
Old 20-02-2019, 02:59 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

Can someone help me?

I have two suggestions.

Spend a while each day just sitting down and being with God. JUST SIT THERE. Don't talk. Don't pray. Just enter God's presence and be quiet. It's a form of meditation and a way to connect with God and receive God's love. Don't TRY. Sit there and be with God.

Secondly, try repeating these affirmations. Just a few repetitions is enough, which would only take twenty seconds or so. And don't worry if you don't think you believe the words, you don't have to believe them to get the benefit.

- I am priceless to God. I am worth more than any amount of money.

- God loves me. I am worthy of His love.

- God sees me as lovable and beautiful.

- My life has meaning and value.

What you're going through isn't uncommon. I went through a similar thing once. It's a 'dark night of the soul.' The good news is that these kinds of things are almost always temporary. Things will eventually get better.