Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-02-2019, 08:34 PM
Seeker

Question Letting go of the Ego

From many things I have read a huge part of it is letting go of your ego so that you may be able to truly let go and ascend higher, reach a higher vibration, etc. my hardest part with this is letting go of my ego in the sense of my anger and frustrations with the general public. I get angry at times with people in general. Their ignorance, stupidity on the freeway an accumulation of things. It’s easier for me to forgive loved ones, but for the general population I’m completely stuck with my ego here. How do I let go of my “disliking” strangers in general for doing something I don’t like. I meditate and keep in mind to be love, only see love, to only speak love... I feel like I’m struggling though. Does anyone have any pointers?
Old 18-02-2019, 09:20 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessVetTech
From many things I have read a huge part of it is letting go of your ego so that you may be able to truly let go and ascend higher, reach a higher vibration, etc. my hardest part with this is letting go of my ego in the sense of my anger and frustrations with the general public. I get angry at times with people in general.

Their ignorance, stupidity on the freeway an accumulation of things. It’s easier for me to forgive loved ones, but for the general population I’m completely stuck with my ego here. How do I let go of my “disliking” strangers in general for doing something I don’t like.
I meditate and keep in mind to be love, only see love, to only speak love... I feel like I’m struggling though. Does anyone have any pointers?
A lot of things in this post...it is an excellent one describing the typical human condition...of someone aware of themselves and where they would 'like to be'.
Great start.

There are many approaches and you will read some here from the Christian approach, the Hindu approach, the psychological approach,
an intellectual approach and so on.

The ones that work for you are the ones to stick with.

I can tell you what has worked for me the best and fastest, if you'd like...
but, I dunno if it's for the Beginner on the Path...not saying that is you.

First, I would hope that a person would understand that there is no 'them'.
Ha! I wish they got that because of an exp they had...not from books.
I get that.

Then, I wish for them to see that what it is they do not like in others is what they do not like in themselves.
Then, they have to start dealing with that...I do that.

Another thing that helps tremendously to stop judging and being bugged by anything externally...people, sickness, the weather, finances...is knowing,
really knowing none of this is real...nothing you see with your eyes open is real.

When we get frustrated it's because we think it IS real...and we have no control..both are false beliefs.

Now, how did I come to these realizations? Sure, meditation...but we are talkin' 45 years many xs 3-6 hr sessions of utter stillness...you are shown things if you do that. Ha!

After that, doing A Course In Miracles was the Mind Shift I needed...like the final step...to undo the ego.
(A self study workbook of daily sentences to ponder throughout the day channeled by none other than Jesus in the 1960s...there is just you and the Lessons.)

It helps you see the world differently...(there's no 'general public').
Remember this very important thing regarding 'love' and what you are doing as you said above...you can not
manufacture love...muster it up...or make yourself feel it for 'this general public'.

There must be a change in perspective...not 'trying' to change your perspective, but a real shift in how you think, believe, and thus, see.

I have more to say ...but this is a start anyway...
If you open an ACIM book and do not click with it...try buying
Michael Langford's book,' The Most Direct Means To Eternal Bliss'.
BUT, you must do what he says...really do what he says...you will find the
fountain of love and bliss that is at your core...
as CS Lewis puts it....

it is a fountain of great energy and beauty that if you get near it the spray will wet you...if you do not you will remain dry.

You do not change yourself. But you do put the effort in of consistency,
steadfastness, desire, resolve and discipline and focus.
You are changed....by your Higher Self, God, the Holy Spirit...whatever you resonate with.

Another way if you want love? Then, ask the One Who has it...the One that can bestow
Divine Love into your soul...the One... God, the Creator, Father
...Mother...etc.

All of the above has worked for me. and

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-02-2019, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
From many things I have read a huge part of it is letting go of your ego so that you may be able to truly let go and ascend higher, reach a higher vibration, etc. my hardest part with this is letting go of my ego in the sense of my anger and frustrations with the general public. I get angry at times with people in general. Their ignorance, stupidity on the freeway an accumulation of things. It’s easier for me to forgive loved ones, but for the general population I’m completely stuck with my ego here. How do I let go of my “disliking” strangers in general for doing something I don’t like. I meditate and keep in mind to be love, only see love, to only speak love... I feel like I’m struggling though. Does anyone have any pointers?
This is how I see this
Your emotional reactions, triggered by those you mention are valid for you regardless of our awareness of how you could/want to be=“I accept fully how I feel and allow the fullness of those feelings to be released”

People removed from you immediate circle of love and acceptance often represent safer ways to express feelings such as anger, frustration etc. we often don’t mind reacting to stronger emotions with people outside the circle, we don’t have a bond with them. In some ways they are a gift to go deeper into those subtle hidddn parts of us, to build awareness and understanding deeper. To release our reactions. Notice the disruption from our peaceful state.

When you don’t like things others are being and doing that’s ok. You don’t have to agree, like or dislike what they choose=“ I fully accept myself in this view”

Your reactions show you that we all do things based upon our emotional reactions at times, so your showing your not perfect and neither are others. Life is a learning curve= “Rome wasn’t built in a day”

Becoming an observer of yourself in the face of others choices often moves you into yourself to fully release and be more present with what your seeing and noticing externally. Letting all judgement go in those moments and becoming aware of “you” in your feelings, sensations and your mind,can open the full feeling I mentioned, full acceptance I mentioned, fully letting go..

What’s left is an awareness in clarity without reaction, the nature of the world around you as it is. Your not involved in it. Your witnessing it more grounded and in peace.

As for love and compassion, when your more clear from these emotional reactions, binds, they will arise naturally for yourself. Becoming a presence of love understands, is patient and kind, accepts, allows, is giving to itself, the follow on from there are its own movements in the world as that..

Love for self is an ever deepening experience through life and changes in life. If you get it yourself, you get it for others. You can bridge yourself towards others differently, because you realize and understand yourself as they are. You understand no matter what others choose, your a part of this world, and your ripple is the only one, you can take control of and serve differently, in those moments of reaction. When there is nothing in you reacting, the ripples cease in that way. Your piece in the big pool of consciousness suddenly creates new ripples, new awareness and in time, new experiences = effortless ease of being and doing, self loving, aware and more clear without conditioned thoughts and emotional reactions taking over.

Happy practicing. ��
Old 18-02-2019, 11:00 PM
Seeker

I really love the responses here. I haven’t been meditating for even a year yet. I’m new to all of this. I stumbled upon Nikola Tesla quote about understanding the universe you must think of vibration and frequency. That opened up a whole new world for me! I began researching this and that, reading more and more about who we truly are (that has been hidden from us). I believe it all whole heartedly. So much of it makes sense! Especially the fact that we are atoms vibrating at certain frequencies. I selves deeper and deeper. So many different subjects and different questions I began to have. It is quite exciting as well because I have always had a thing for learning in general. Miss H I am going to look up those books you mentioned. I feel like you have some extremely good knowledge and would love to learn more from you. Anything at all. JustB I appreciate your response as well and will apply some of those tactics. I’m just greatful to have stumbled on this. I feel like it connects everything. It makes sense where religion itself came from (IMO) because it all stems from the same thing. Just some got a bit side tracked along the way (meaning most mainstream religions don’t teach about meditation, frequencies, etc.)
Old 19-02-2019, 12:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi there.

I totally understand where you are coming from and for some reason I also have problems with seeing stupid, ignorant people as "myself" because I believe that non-separation relates to another person's soul/spirit and NOT their behavior...So I had to learn a different method.

The sad fact is that severe mental illness is a worldwide epidemic and "stupidity" is a disease which is not helped by the government's fluoridation of drinking water to totally destroy the Pineal gland, or the genetic modification of food crops to suppress "good" DNA, or the role of the media causing damage to the "reasoning centres" of the brain or social media which has reduced the attention span of the average human being to be lower than that of a goldfish...in short, they have absolutely NO idea they are being stupid or ignorant! They believe that it makes them look cool and that everybody else does it....but they are all just really sick little puppies.

If you can take the attitude of Jesus; "forgive them Father, for they know not what they do"..That is good. If you have problems with tolerating their behavior, ask a "Higher Power" to intercede on your behalf and then just drop it with a "not my circus, not my monkeys" and then move on with your own spiritual work... working on yourself and just let others be who they are. You may not like it or agree with it and that's fine, but they obviously have "problems" which you can choose to make your own...or not, but once you realise that it's just the way the world is and people are now and there is nothing you can do about it, you look forward to ascending and/or dying and moving on...leaving this place FAR behind.
Old 19-02-2019, 01:16 AM
Seeker

Very well put Shivani!! That was something else I stumbled upon was the fluoride destroying our pineal gland. It is my first time hearing about gmo suppressing good DNA!!! I know people consider GMOs bad but I guess have never looked up the reason why. Honestly forgot that was a thing. I am a vegan and try to eat as organic as possible so I don’t usually (as far as I am aware) run into gmo type foods. But I like the way you take all of that information and have turned it into “sick little puppies” I think if I train my brain to remember this, it will help me quite a bit. I love all these responses!!! You guys are so great and fantastic truly!!!! There is so much more for me to learn and I am greatful to have found this site.
Old 19-02-2019, 01:21 AM
Angel1

Quote:
..Tesla quote about understanding the universe you must think of vibration and frequency.

That opened up a whole new world for me!
I began researching this and that, reading more and more about who we truly are (that has been hidden from us).
I believe it all whole heartedly. So much of it makes sense!
Especially the fact that we are atoms vibrating at certain frequencies.
How exciting!
Yes...everything is atoms, how far apart they are, how fast they are vibrating, how many electrons...all made up of more space than matter.
Nothing is what it appears to be...you may think the chair you're on is a chair.
Nope, only appears to be a chair...that's why I said nothing you see with your eyes open is real.
LOL...Ah, this life...what fun.

So the fun part is finding out what is real...and focus on that, go to that, love that, study about that, read about that,
read the poetry of those that have been touched by That....give your time and concentration to That...
That which is the essence of and behind e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.
!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-02-2019, 02:48 AM
Master

Ego being our belief that we are a separate self from all other forms we see ...

We then tend to strive only for ourselves, a winner take all attitude and so compete ...

This requires silencing our conscience to a large degree ...

Conscience being the real us, an interface between Oneness & in-form separateness ...

Over time, we realise that the egoic belief is false, leading inevitably to sorrow since the external domain is transient, fleeting, perishable ...

The sorrow arises not because we are engaged in the external domain but because of attachments ...

Attachments generate fear & desire, two sides of the same coin ...

Recognising that attachments must go if we are to be joyful, we feel helpless to let go and so move inwards for divine assistance ...

Going inwards means what? Surrendering the root cause of ego, the ‘I-aspect’ ...

We rest conscious fragmented thought and welcome our non-self presence, employing intuition, in stillness, magnetising our inner space without applying effort ...

The divine energy, which is love, awakens us within to the extent we allow, to the extent our form can imbibe and assimilate the subtle vibration ...

Anger or any other negativity arises only as long as we continue to indulge in the belief that we are a separate self and so need to be self serving in order to grow even if it means trampling over the other. This is a state of ego begot delusion.

We cannot and perhaps should not pretend the love emotion, since if it is a pretence, who is the pretender other than the ego itself? Instead, just be, withdrawing inwards, analytical, sequential thoughts rested, intuitive attention poised but unexpectant, akin to enjoying the gentle boat ride in a boundless crystal clear lake ...

The only step we need to take is to make efforts to erase negativity in thought, word & deed during our waking state, doing so humorously as though removing a parasite which has momentarily attached itself to us. Flick it away, just like that!

Cease the struggle. God is childlike. We too can easily awaken the child within us! Then go in, within and play!

Old 19-02-2019, 08:07 AM
Master
Quote:

If the ego refers to what you relate yourself being then how can you let go of that?

One doesn't have to consciously say out loud I AM this or that every second of the day to know what they relate themselves being.

To let go of the ego one would have to let go of the knowing of what they relate themselves being completely and while there is awareness of you that is never going to happen, so the ego has it's place in self awareness and to give that up or let it go is impossible while you are still in awareness.

The ego for some relates purely down to some grand notion of self importance and that can be let go of.

x daz x
Old 19-02-2019, 08:35 AM
Master
Quote:

You realise how reactive you are every time it comes up, and you can see how it creates suffering in you; you also see how your grudges are the makings of misery, and you recognise the senseless futility of all that. This you know. Even so, you can't stop it even though you want to, so frustration arises creating more misery, making things worse. Now you want to know how to stop the futility of generating so much of your own agitation, so that you may be peaceful and happy.