Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-04-2018, 03:39 AM
Newbie ;)

tell me your story: how long did it take you to develop your mediumship abilities?

also, were you born with it or had to go through classes/mentorship/ or just had to figure it out on your own?

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH BUT THIS IS MY STORY:

I was raised in a spiritualist church. Every Sunday, my grandparents would take me to this place from 9 to 12pm. There will be a medium in the middle of the room sitting and would deliver messages from God, Virgin Mary and the Archangels. One of the goals of this church is to see 'visions' such as hear, see, feel the divine energy so they can help and heal other people. I moved out of that country and fast forward to many years later, I would always wonder why I wanted to hear and see spirits, and where did my interest in divination come from. I ended up sticking to reading playing cards from 13 years old until now that I am 25. It's not until my 25th birthday that I had this feeling I wanted to grow more spiritually- I could not study for school but I would give readings to people instead on the internet. I could not explain it or whatsoever. I have seen this spiritual advisor/psychic who hears God and she told me that I got "called" on my birthday. Things started to make sense... The voices that I hear in my head, thoughts that I would never come up with before, made sense. Especially when I am reading other people using playing cards.

Now all I want to do is to have, 'full grown abilities' without tools like the playing cards. I have learned that whenever something traumatizing or heartbreaking happens to me, it increases. I want to hear, see and feel already :) and to people like me who are not born with it, it may take a while. For those people who are born/not born with it, how long did it take you to do what you can do now? did you have to assign symbols, for example, 'when you see a river, it means someone who will be going on a cruise' or do the images look like a movie screen? Did you just wake up one day and have these abilities?

Tell me your story.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:38 AM
Master
here's my story:
i came across this site a few years back.
i contacted a guy who seemed to be gifted at reading energies and such.
i'd asked him to do a reading for me, and he promised to do it.
he wanted me to engage in some conversations, so that he could
get a feeling about where i'm at, in a spiritual sense i suppose.
i'm still waiting for him to respond; lol.
i wonder if you could perform the task that he'd promised me?
Old 12-04-2018, 09:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayytho
Now all I want to do is to have, 'full grown abilities' without tools like the playing cards. I have learned that whenever something traumatizing or heartbreaking happens to me, it increases. I want to hear, see and feel already :) and to people like me who are not born with it, it may take a while. For those people who are born/not born with it, how long did it take you to do what you can do now? did you have to assign symbols, for example, 'when you see a river, it means someone who will be going on a cruise' or do the images look like a movie screen? Did you just wake up one day and have these abilities?

Tell me your story.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

My story is that I have always had a telepathic connection with my higher self. No one ever told be that however I frequently had an uncanny way of knowing things. That was a mystery to me as a child and for much of my life.

I would say that when I was 50 I received my call to greater awakening. I may well have been a medium all my life however I had no read education on such matters.

It is good to know your call to greater awakening came at age 25.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 12-04-2018, 08:30 PM
Knower
I became aware around the age 4 or 5. It began for me..
Old 13-04-2018, 10:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayytho
also, were you born with it or had to go through classes/mentorship/ or just had to figure it out on your own?

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH BUT THIS IS MY STORY:

I was raised in a spiritualist church. Every Sunday, my grandparents would take me to this place from 9 to 12pm. There will be a medium in the middle of the room sitting and would deliver messages from God, Virgin Mary and the Archangels. One of the goals of this church is to see 'visions' such as hear, see, feel the divine energy so they can help and heal other people. I moved out of that country and fast forward to many years later, I would always wonder why I wanted to hear and see spirits, and where did my interest in divination come from. I ended up sticking to reading playing cards from 13 years old until now that I am 25. It's not until my 25th birthday that I had this feeling I wanted to grow more spiritually- I could not study for school but I would give readings to people instead on the internet. I could not explain it or whatsoever. I have seen this spiritual advisor/psychic who hears God and she told me that I got "called" on my birthday. Things started to make sense... The voices that I hear in my head, thoughts that I would never come up with before, made sense. Especially when I am reading other people using playing cards.

Tell me your story.

My story is a very long one, and I don't refer too much to it as a story but more so as a spiritual path.

I was not born with mediumship ability in the sense of speaking with the dead, but I was born with mediumship ability in a different sense. In my case I can see spirits, but they are not always deceased relatives of living people. Some of the spirits I am able to see are were not human incarnations inhabiting this planet at any given time. That is to say my mediumship ability is not the same kind most speak about here at SF in this forum- it isn't usually related to communicating with the deceased at all. Essentially the mediumship ability to see, hear and sense spirits that I in particular was born with- is the ability to see, sense, and hear non human spirits/entities.

I've heard benign entities- such as my own guide, or one of them.

And I have heard, seen, and sensed not so benign entities.

This I was born with. I when younger used to talk to a spirit that would levitate my brother and I when we were little. This is the first time I met my guide but I didn't realize it, because I was seven or eight first of all, and I didn't know what guides were. I heard a male voice ask me "Why I was listening to that thing?" Unbeknownst to me this was my guide trying to tell me that this spirit was malicious and I should not be listening to it.

I only know now this was the voice of my guide, after years of experience hearing him, and never really realizing until 2017- last year, that this male voice is my guide.

Or at least I refer to him as such as I have no other term.

I would use the term higher self, but seeing as how everyone always speaks of their higher self as the same gender of their physical person I figure it isn't possible for it to be my higher self.

At any rate that is my story regarding mediumship- communication with spirits- itself.

If you mean something else like psychic ability well or as you say "Talking to God". Well that I needed to take more time to actively try to practice and develop, it has taken me years and I am still learning, and developing it, and of course practicing it.

I take time to read for others to practice intuitive ability feeling that either use it or lose it, so to say.

I was born seeing spiritual entities- can remember seeing, hearing, and sensing them while very young.

But communication with spirits of a more benign nature, and psychic energy reading has taken me a number of years, well over ten.
Old 26-04-2018, 06:32 PM
Pathfinder

I've always been extremely intuitive. I know things without knowing how or why. Over the course of my life, I've had many precognitive dreams. I wrote them off because what I was shown didn't really seem significant enough to pay attention to. I didn't realize that I had any "gifts". Now that I'm a bit older, they're getting stronger and I can't ignore myself any longer.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:08 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Gifts

I have always been super sensitive to feeling energies. I have always had a really good memory so when I was very little I remember hearing voices whispering to me at night. I don't see spirits but I feel their presence. Now sometimes in such an overwhelming way. I am 37 and it seems like everyday my abilities grow. Spirits come to me but only in my dreams. I talk to them like you would talk to anyone in waking life. Sometimes its not even people that are dead but sick. Also, I connect to others with similar abilities occasionally. Then I also get messages, sometimes written, sometimes whispered, sometimes I guess sent through spirits telepathically but usually only in dreams. The messages are hard to interpret sometimes. I want to be able to develop my gifts to be able to help people. I would like to be able to deliver messages for people who have passed on. I am not really sure what exactly to do to develop this gift.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:10 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Sounds like we have similar situations Crowzie.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown23455
I am not really sure what exactly to do to develop this gift.
practice, practice, practice.

do the thing and the doing of it will come easier and easier.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:50 PM
Knower
I was born with it. My earliest memories of it is 3 years old. I thought it was normal so it was a casual thing for me. I remember playing in my room when I was 5 and an older child was there (she was 7) and we were playing with my kitchen set. My mom came in and asked me who I was playing with and I told her "Jamie." I had this odd feeling that my mom couldn't see her.
Once I got in school and into CCD (weekend Catholic school) I realized that what I could see was frowned upon in church and society had labeled it "crazy" so I kept it to myself and never really developed it further.
When i got married, it was a little harder to hide. I just knew things and my husband would often joke I was psychic or when I would space out (listening to someone) he'd pick up on it and I felt so strongly that he knew. So I talked with him about it and he was 100% open to it
Life was busy so it wasn't until my late 30's that I started developing it. I read books, searched the web, etc. I've read about ppl using movie screens but I've never done that. It just plays in my head. Kind of like when you day dream about going on vacation and you see yourself at the beach relaxing or going to swim in the water. you direct your visualization and 'see' what you'd like to be doing. When a vision or a spirit comes, its like a daydream I can't control. It just plays and I see, hear, feel, sense things from it. Whether I stop to pay attention depends on where I am at the moment or the importance of it. If I am grocery shopping, I usually pull out my phone so when I space out, I look like im reading a message or web browsing.
The best advice I can give is to meditate. I just posted in another thread...meditation quiets the brain so you can hear the mind. Read a lot too. One authors methods may not work but anothers will. If a random thought pops in to your head, dont dismiss it right away. It might not be a thought but a message. Thats one way information is transmitted from your guides/spirits. "Ask your guides" by Sonia Choquette was a good read. She goes into detail about messages and how to tell if they come from a higher place or not.

Practice! Go to small stores where there are only a few ppl and pay attention to how you feel when you are close to someone. Go to secondhand or antiques stores and handle objects. notice feelings when you touch something and pay attention to thoughts.
Ive always tried to avoid large gatherings so I go shopping after midnight when walmart is mostly empty. 3 weeks ago we were standing in line to check out and I started to get a stomach ache. There were two men in front of us. One was just a regular guy with neutral energy but the other one was rage, hatred, anger, anxious, mean. Then the messages came. He hurts ppl physically, he had done time in prison for stabbing someone, he steals, and the worst part about it is he doesn't care and hes not the least bit remorseful. I couldn't wait for him to go and wished the cashier was a little quicker.

Like Horace said...practice, practice, practice. reading is helpful too. learn how to protect yourself and get rid of the not so pleasant spirits.