Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Seeker
Absolutely, yes, and it still occurs frequently. I've been studying the law of attraction and duality lately, and the loneliness I feel makes sense to me in that context. One of the ultimate desires for me on my spiritual path / quest is connection to all others in higher conscientiousness. The law of attraction points out that your journey is not necessarily a straight line toward your desire, but often "side roads" are needed (more times than not for me) to understand the contrast. Duality implies that one must know / be aware of the contrast (opposite) in order to truly know the emotion / desire / thing itself. There is no day without night, and we (as humans) can't fully appreciate the beauty of the day without the contrast of night.

So, in my journey for connection / oneness, loneliness and isolation are present as contrast for better understanding. The way I deal with it is to understand its purpose, and embrace it for its unique qualities allowing me to focus inward for a time to heal some emotional scar(s), and then recommit to my desire. It's difficult to do sometimes when I'm overwhelmed by worldly issues and pressures, but I find it rewarding and so I'm inspired to keep pressing on.

When I begin feel this way, the first thing I do is ask myself "Am I really alone?" The answer is always "No, I am not alone. There are millions of people on the same journey, many of them feeling as I do now." As trite as "misery loves company" sounds, there is some truth to the healing in simply knowing that millions can and do understand where you are at that moment.