Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 15-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Master

Chi Gong and Dantian

Hello ,

Wherein lies the importance of the Dantian within the practice of Chi Gong?

Thanks .
Old 17-02-2015, 10:27 PM
alhambra

We have three dantiens, they are our energy centers, while practicing Qigong you should focus on them, you can also use them as a focal point in meditation.
Old 17-02-2015, 11:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhambra
We have three dantiens, they are our energy centers, while practicing Qigong you should focus on them, you can also use them as a focal point in meditation.
What does one develop by focussing on the dantian(s) during Chi Gong and meditation?
Old 17-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Ascender
I don't even know what this is
Old 18-02-2015, 08:18 AM
alhambra

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/energy/dantian.php

See if this helps Serrao, when doing Tai Chi if you focus on the dantien you can move your energy to the part of the body you choose ( to pack a punch ) When you feel butterflies in your stomach this is your energy field. Hope this helps
Old 18-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Master

Quote:
http://www.eclecticenergies.com/energy/dantian.php

See if this helps Serrao, when doing Tai Chi if you focus on the dantien you can move your energy to the part of the body you choose ( to pack a punch ) When you feel butterflies in your stomach this is your energy field. Hope this helps
If I understand this right, the dantians are locations in the body where energy is generated. And this energy can be directed to other parts of the body for whatever reason?
Old 18-02-2015, 06:26 PM
alhambra

Yes thats right. I have practised Tai Chi & Qigong for 20 years if I can help you just shout
Old 19-02-2015, 12:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Yes thats right.
Thank you very much for helping me understand a little about the dantians and their use.

Quote:
I have practised Tai Chi & Qigong for 20 years
I assume you must have a remarkable vital inner. People who are this dedicated to those kind of practices for so long are very interesting (to me).

Quote:
If I can help you just shout
I like your drive to help. I believe this is a virtue, a very good quality of ones personality.

ps. I started a new thread in the "Healing" section with the title "Dantian for Healing". It has some useful questions. Maybe you can check it out.
Old 19-02-2015, 09:05 AM
alhambra

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KJeyZ43i-xY

Thanks Serrao. Why dont you learn some Qigong yourself. You need a teacher for Tai Chi but basic Qigong is easier to learn alone. I think the ' eight brocade ' is good to start off with so i,ve found this youtube above for you, see what you think. If your interested just do each movement once as shown and then you can do each movement as many times as you feel comfortable with. If you decide to try, you do it slowly and breathe deep and as slowly as possible, never do what isn,t comfortable for your body. At first you can sometimes feel lightheaded because we are use to breathing shallow and fast, give it a go and see how you feel. Just yell if you need help.
Old 24-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Quote:
Yes thats right. I have practised Tai Chi & Qigong for 20 years if I can help you just shout

Would you comment please?!

The Dan Tien is where artery and vein overlap each other. And the solar plexus has its centre.