Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-07-2019, 01:12 PM
Master
Kundalini and Universal Mind are one and the same thing.

The body is energy, kundalini is energy, everything is energy.
Old 23-07-2019, 02:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I agree this is a vital difference, circulating energy in the microcosmic orbit versus consciousness shooting up through the crown with kundalini.

When the Yogis are in samadi they are in an ultimate experience, but they can't bring that experience into the body and have to continue to exit the body to enjoy it in samadi. The Taoist system embodies higher consciousness within the body, and ultimate consciousness is accessed in the flowing energy loop. I personally believe the microcosmic orbit powers the 3rd eye as well.

I have read that people experience 3rd eye activity during kundalini activation, but that it disappears again, like the power source is there momentarily but not stable or permanent cos it goes out through the crown.

Think of what most people think of as kundalini as just an awakening to energy. What they see is a local mind translation of the experience. Much like seeing visions during meditation.

If your 6th chakra is open then you should either be able to see or know.

When people talk of leaving the body that is more of an astral projection and not really a deep realization. There is no seperation/duality with a true realization.

Both Taoism and various Hindu traditions can lead one to an open 3rd eye. Just the means is different.
Old 24-07-2019, 12:11 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy

Hello jonesboy,

Just trying to find the right word to describe everything in this poor language we have would it English or French for me.

The word energy started to be used only in the fifteen century first in French then in English. From what I know it derives from Latin with a bit of Greek influence. What bugs me with this word being used to describe everything, its that since Einstein we know energy as defined by science to be limited by the speed of light.

If you would have said matter is energy, I would have said yes, according to this definition of energy. But, as you know, not everything is matter or energy taken in this limited sense.

Consciousness or some forms of information from my experience are not limited by the speed of light.

Shakti to me is more than just energy, She is very conscious also and I would not even talk of Shiva to compare what It represents to just energy in the way its defined in the occidental world.

It’s just a matter of language, it does not change anything to what we experience, but we do try to share that experience by words. At least use words to point to It.

With your knowing of Sanskrit, I believe, would you not have a better word to describe everything than the word energy?

Instead of using the word energy, in English, since we are to use words here, I would rather say something like:

The body is Being, kundalini is Being, everything is Being or something else like:

The body is state of Being, kundalini is state of Being, everything is a state Being.

I don’t really know, just suggestions to help make it clearer for the people who read us.

Enjoy!
Old 24-07-2019, 12:17 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

I wouldn’t know about different belief systems but do know the felt experience. Let’s just say, the energy rose first from root to crown seamlessly and through an orifice in the crown into space ... after two such engagements, descent of energy into form into the heart centre balancing male & female energies within.

Next, a rise of energy to top ( head region) wherein a cosmic egg split ... one dividing itself into two resulting in a cool slow motion endless explosion at the heart centre ... which resulted in a permanent enlivening and intertwining of root to crown as a living rod of energy ... unabating.

The closest correlation is Igor Kufafev’s video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dPYZ64RgjRo

As always,

Thank you for sharing.

Enjoy!
Old 24-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello jonesboy,

Just trying to find the right word to describe everything in this poor language we have would it English or French for me.

The word energy started to be used only in the fifteen century first in French then in English. From what I know it derives from Latin with a bit of Greek influence. What bugs me with this word being used to describe everything, its that since Einstein we know energy as defined by science to be limited by the speed of light.

If you would have said matter is energy, I would have said yes, according to this definition of energy. But, as you know, not everything is matter or energy taken in this limited sense.

Consciousness or some forms of information from my experience are not limited by the speed of light.

Shakti to me is more than just energy, She is very conscious also and I would not even talk of Shiva to compare what It represents to just energy in the way its defined in the occidental world.

It’s just a matter of language, it does not change anything to what we experience, but we do try to share that experience by words. At least use words to point to It.

With your knowing of Sanskrit, I believe, would you not have a better word to describe everything than the word energy?

Instead of using the word energy, in English, since we are to use words here, I would rather say something like:

The body is Being, kundalini is Being, everything is Being or something else like:

The body is state of Being, kundalini is state of Being, everything is a state Being.

I don’t really know, just suggestions to help make it clearer for the people who read us.

Enjoy!

Not everyone is Hindu.

Prana, chi, etc has been used for thousands of years and means energy. Well before any Greeks used the term. Not everyone will know what Shakti means or Shen so it is much easier to just break things down into simple terms.

For example, Buddhism has been around since what.. 800 BC? Well before the 15th century.

If we look at a teaching from Dzogchen master Norbu on the the aspects of the Primordial State you will see he uses the word energy.

Quote:
The third of the three primordial wisdoms is energy. Its
characteristic is that it manifests without interruption.4 The
explanation of energy in Dzogchen is fundamental to understanding
the base. All dimensions, whether pure or impure,
material or subtle, are manifestations of one aspect or
another of energy.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...imordial+state

I would also say it is wrong to think of energy from a scientific standpoint with limitations of light.

I would agree about being, yet being to one person could be a caught up day to another. The same with silence.
Old 25-07-2019, 05:00 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Not everyone is Hindu.

Prana, chi, etc has been used for thousands of years and means energy. Well before any Greeks used the term. Not everyone will know what Shakti means or Shen so it is much easier to just break things down into simple terms.

For example, Buddhism has been around since what.. 800 BC? Well before the 15th century.

If we look at a teaching from Dzogchen master Norbu on the the aspects of the Primordial State you will see he uses the word energy.

I would also say it is wrong to think of energy from a scientific standpoint with limitations of light.

I would agree about being, yet being to one person could be a caught up day to another. The same with silence.

Hello jonesboy,

Just love Norbu, I have a few of his books in French. They are translated from English

In the quote you have put on your post, he also talks of the void and clarity before talking about energy. Two aspect I believe it’s important to talk about also when mentioning everything.

Just hope the way Norbu talks about the word energy will come to appear in dictionaries...

Ok, I will stop with this clarification of how we can use words in a given language to describe an experience.

Anyway, don’t know why I’m making a point of it since most of all my discoveries of different states of beings where made telepathically or ‘empathically’. Of course some steps can only be done alone.

Enjoy!
Old 25-07-2019, 10:53 PM
Master
Quote:

Do you think consciousness is energy also? I’m more inclined to see consciousness as the product of an energy system.
Old 26-07-2019, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Do you think consciousness is energy also? I’m more inclined to see consciousness as the product of an energy system.

Energy is one of the aspects of consciousness yes. The others are void and clarity.

All things are energy, non dual, energy is everything. The true nature of everything at the same time is void/emptiness.

If you like Ramana..

Quote:
Ramana Maharshi. When he was asked, “What is Kundalini?” his reply was very short: “Kundalini is the Self – nothing but the Self.” Kundalini is Atman; that is what it is. Kundalini is Atman – it is your soul. And Atman is Brahman – the soul is the Self. This is the equation…

Quote:
Q: Is the manifestation of kundalini sakti [kundalini power] possible only for those who follow the yogic path of
acquiring sakti [power], or is it possible also for those who follow the path of devotion [bhakti] or love [prema]?

A: Who does not have kundalini sakti? When the real nature of that sakti is known, it is called akhandakara vritti
[unbroken consciousness] or aham sphurana [effulgence of ‘I’]. Kundalini sakti is there for all people whatever path
they follow. It is only a difference in name.

Q: It is said that the sakti manifests itself in five phases, ten phases, a hundred phases and a thousand phases. Which is
true: five or ten or a hundred or a thousand?

A: Sakti has only one phase. If it is said to manifest itself in several phases, it is only a way of speaking. The sakti is
only one.

Quote:
Q: How can one direct the prana or life-force into the sushumna nadi [a psychic nerve in the spine] so that the chitjada-granthi [the identification of consciousness with the body] can be severed in the manner stated in Sri Ramana
Gita?

A: By enquiring ‘Who am I?’ The yogi may be definitely aiming at rousing the kundalini and sending it up the
sushumna. The jnani may not be having this as his object. But both achieve the same results, that of sending the lifeforce up the sushumna and severing the chit-jada-granthi.

Kundalini is only another name for atma or Self or sakti. We talk of it as being inside the body, because we conceive
ourselves as limited by this body. But it is in reality both inside and outside, being not different from Self or the sakti
of Self.
Old 26-07-2019, 11:52 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Energy is one of the aspects of consciousness yes. The others are void and clarity.

All things are energy, non dual, energy is everything. The true nature of everything at the same time is void/emptiness.

If you like Ramana..

Hello jonesboy,

I like you more than Ramana or others you may quote.

This brings up the Divine Paradox, as I believe Shivani Devi would say…

When you take the time to write your post, to whom are you writing to, if it's not another or others than the One, the Void or the Unborn?

I do not see the use of writing to the One, the Void or the Unborn. The act of writing in itself to someone else makes this world dual at some level...

Enjoy!
Old 27-07-2019, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello jonesboy,

I like you more than Ramana or others you may quote.

This brings up the Divine Paradox, as I believe Shivani Devi would say…

When you take the time to write your post, to whom are you writing to, if it's not another or others than the One, the Void or the Unborn?

I do not see the use of writing to the One, the Void or the Unborn. The act of writing in itself to someone else makes this world dual at some level...

Enjoy!

There is no just One.

As with the teachings of the great masters they have spanned thousands of years and have touched the unborn.

The void is more about the infinite potential that is you when realized.

The non dual is about realizing it is all within you a part of you. Writing it down doesn’t make it separate, it’s just ones depth of realization that makes it seem so.

Thank you for liking me more than Ramana but you have seen many times where threads lead when I start sharing from a personal perspective. Much more fruitful to just show what is taught within the traditions. Even that tends to go downhill most of the time, but I try.