Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 07-11-2017, 10:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
A real guru can share his presence/oneness with another being. Can induce silence, bliss and help remove obstructions.

When in the presence of a real guru.. there is no doubt.

I have never actually met a Guru, only some indigenous Elders with whom one can be in nondual alignment.

Because of the high transparency of the situation, that shared presence/oneness does induce silent communication.

Also if one is in a proper alignment with the Elder (Guru) non-dually - and ready, teaching situations spontaneously manifest for the "Guru" to act upon and for you to witness.

And of course direct inner knowing is beyond doubt.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
There is not a state of "Being in Non-duality" as opposed to being in duality, as though it were possible to be in one or the other:) The whole of the manifestation is duality. There is not a part of the manifestation called nonduality that you can be in:)

Whilst in duality, you can encounter a concept called non duality which asserts that despite the very convincing, solid looking, appearance of difference that is duality, ALL is in fact ONE.

Having said that, there is the idea of enlightenment, which is often taken to mean that duality has been trancended and an apparent separate looking person is in fact no longer separate but has rather become One with everything.

But then again its not possible to know whether someone is enlightened or not. There are certain characteristics which are supposed to exemplify it, but the mind can easily construct these and hide behind as the separate self, contradicting every one of them:) It can often be very advantageous for the mind to do this, as there can be many benefits in terms of motor cars and other gifts.

:)

I think non-duality means that there is no entity to identity. I e. There is no 'you' in regards to an 'other'.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Yes Iamit, of course [sarcastically],

And all those naïve fools who sought out Ramana came from all over the world to see the fashion statement of the guru’s loincloth first-hand! Perhaps they thought it was a nappie, thus making it even more novel, and proving how ridiculous he looked posing as a ‘guru‘. Ha ha. They really put him in his place, alright.

It could not have been oneness with his realization - even partial - which rendered him One by identification with those who sought him by virtue of the very enlightenment which cannot be known. Nahhhhh. Because…

Right!
And that’s due to the irrefutable fact of a static, inviolable, objective duality, which permanently imprisons every separate person in their own private universe forever and ever and ever - - except for the impossible, futile, self-contradictory indulgence of posting provocative absurdities on the internet! Indeed…

Yeh, like, a loincloth, obviously. Duh-uhhhhh.

Not to mention loincloths posing as the emperor’s new cloths, and daft Charlies flocking to the side of a mountain in India to get 'dar-sham'-ed - - when it’s just a fig-leaf for Ignorance that fools them every time

Thanks for the interlude of levity.
The non-dual forum can be so hyper-serious sometimes.

~ J

Its well known that focussing on the person rather than addressing the issues, is a a tactic employed when beleifs are held insecurely resulting in posts like yours. When such arises its best to end the exchange so thankyou and goodbye.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:00 AM
Master

[quote=jonesboy]All that is of the mind. Some of it you like more than others but it is all mind.

A real guru takes you beyond concepts.[/QU]

Good luck with sorting out who are the real gurus from mind created characteristics. Meanwhile you can always just evaluate the words and ideas wherever you encounter them, from so called gurus or not:)
Old 08-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Master
[quote=Iamit]
Quote:
All that is of the mind. Some of it you like more than others but it is all mind.

A real guru takes you beyond concepts.[/QU]

Good luck with sorting out who are the real gurus from mind created characteristics. Meanwhile you can always just evaluate the words and ideas wherever you encounter them, from so called gurus or not:)

It's not hard.

A real guru can touch your mind, bring deep silence and energy to help one let go of issues.

For instance a person recently reached out to me because she was suffering daily panic attacks that would last 5 hours every night.

A couple of days of working with my friend and she no longer has panic attacks.

He didn't tell her how to live, what to do, didn't tell her to start doing any particular practices. He shared his presence.

It is that type of presence, when one feels the heart open and love pores forth that one knows.

A real guru shares grace, not words or concepts or dictates.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:28 PM
Master
Mind over matter is an amazing tool to help people who are suffering, the placebo effect is very well documented in the medical world.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Master
Dismiss it if you wish :)

You know the saying..

Ignorance is bliss...

Old 08-11-2017, 05:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Dismiss it if you wish :)

You know the saying..

Ignorance is bliss...

Where did I dismiss it ? Bliss is beautiful btw
I said that mind over matter is very powerfull as we both know. The person who was ill thought your friend cured her with some special power he thinks he has, no jonesboy that is not true, lets be 100% truthful, she cured herself by thinking your friend has special powers which could cure her, It's called the ' placebo effect '

It's good to see it has worked for her, I wish her well but it wasn't anything outside of herself that cured her...
Old 08-11-2017, 05:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Where did I dismiss it ? Bliss is beautiful btw
I said that mind over matter is very powerfull as we both know. The person who was ill thought your friend cured her with some special power he thinks he has, no jonesboy that is not true, lets be 100% truthful, she cured herself by thinking your friend has special powers which could cure her, It's called the ' placebo effect '

It's good to see it has worked for her, I wish her well but it wasn't anything outside of herself that cured her...

Sorry sky but that is not true and just one example.

I have offered to introduce you many times so that you can know for yourself. For years now and you have instead declined and offered insults.

It is one thing to not believe I get that it is another to be offered proof and to decline and offer insults instead as you always do.

You have others on this forum saying the same thing as me, recommending the same people as I do.

No point in debating you about something you don't believe in or ever wish to experience.

I am sure you will continue with your negative posts about guru's, or traditions or teachers etc.. are all bad unless you believe in them of course...
Old 08-11-2017, 05:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Sorry sky but that is not true and just one example.

I have offered to introduce you many times so that you can know for yourself. For years now and you have instead declined and offered insults.

It is one thing to not believe I get that it is another to be offered proof and to decline and offer insults instead as you always do.

You have others on this forum saying the same thing as me, recommending the same people as I do.

No point in debating you about something you don't believe in or ever wish to experience.

So, it would be nice if you haven't experienced a thing or wish to see if it is true for you not to comment on things of which you have no experience of.

I have had experience since being a child, without any outside help, I know the mind control some people try on others but I am not interested as I have had experience of seeing the damage it can do to vunerable people. All the answers are within.... the placebo effect is amazing because it does help some people help themselves and that's what's important.