Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 30-01-2020, 06:34 PM
Altair Altair is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,650
  Altair's Avatar
Then may I ask, what kind of world is ''okay'' with you??

To participate in this world is to 'commit violence', through work, eating, travelling, buying books made of paper, electronics made in dirty factories, buying crystals that come from mines, your use of electricity now. Name me something that doesn't contribute to harm done?? I'm just trying to grasp how deep you wish to let a pacifist stance go.. ;-)

Soldiers represent their country. Countries may be justified to protect themselves, this means soldiers will have to go to the battlefield and kill others to protect our lives and interests. They're in a very difficult situation, and most cultures recognize this, which is also why we view them in a heroic way, because they kill a piece of their own humanity to protect the humanity of others.

Last edited by Native spirit : 04-02-2020 at 09:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 30-01-2020, 07:46 PM
Still_Waters Still_Waters is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 1,329
  Still_Waters's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just wondered your thoughts.
If this is a dream, and Illusion - there is no death ever - why would God
care if someone killed another?
Wouldn't He know that they come back again and again?

I'm coming to Gen Beliefs more and more.

This is indeed an interesting thread with insightful comments.

However, I'm more curious about what made you ask this question !

Could you enlighten us ?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 30-01-2020, 07:46 PM
Lorelyen Lorelyen is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 7,575
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just wondered your thoughts.
If this is a dream, and Illusion - there is no death ever - why would God
care if someone killed another?
Wouldn't He know that they come back again and again?

I'm coming to Gen Beliefs more and more.
Notice that you call It a 'He'. Ok, then. He designed the mortal form. We are born to eventually die. Medical science fights hard to subvert Nature but eventually in this form we die. 'His' idea is that we are just another component in the ecology that's constantly in flux. It's far greater than Humanity, contrary to what the Bible says about being there for the service of Man. Man?
To ensure the ecology functions it's contents have to adapt to adjustments as the various feedback controls work through. Species do that by procreation and spreading the statistical chance of adaptation.

Whether there's life after death is a matter of beliefs, including the form it will take. We seem to live in a pool of spirit so I haven't a clue of how much of our persona (to avoid the abused word 'ego') will be carried forward and not.

What's a Gen belief?
.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 30-01-2020, 07:52 PM
Lorelyen Lorelyen is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 7,575
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Soldiers are effectively treated as tools that are out to destroy other tools. Both signed up for it, with the potential outcome of participating in a war. Others may be forced into it. Needless to say, on the battlefield you either kill or be killed. Or, sometimes you capture your enemy, but then those are usually given a worse fate. But you can't be a pacifist as a soldier.

It's still something of a trained skill - and these days soldiers are professionals: they conform to a code of conduct. They're also there to save the lives of the many from whom they emerge/volunteer and their leader(s). In peace time, they're an insurance policy. For all that it galls me that they're sent out to put their lives on the line to clear up messes caused by politicians. Most politicians are Peter Pans.

The idea of a battlefield in olden times was to fight the war away from settlements so the citizens wouldn't get involved...unless their side lost.

As I see it.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 30-01-2020, 08:04 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 15,405
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
This is indeed an interesting thread with insightful comments.
However, I'm more curious about what made you ask this question !
Could you enlighten us ?
Hi, that's why I said "just wondered"...probably something someone said.
It is an interesting idea...even a deep idea not usually thought about.

L-
As far as using He - it gets old writing He/She/It --He is the usual pronoun that makes
it easier for writers, period - they often say that before they start in with their book, while also saying which Bible version they will be quoting from.
Ya wanna say She, Krishna, Allah, the Goddess, Holy Mother Creator- knock yourself out.
Also, since Jesus said our Father - that's good enough for me to make it even simpler.
I find calling my Father Creator, this Magnificent, Brilliant, Loving Being I know well, an It, personally, stomach turning.
But I get why people do, so I let it go, ya have to.

__________________
.,

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.







Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 31-01-2020, 03:30 AM
Unseeking Seeker Unseeking Seeker is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Delhi, India
Posts: 4,092
  Unseeking Seeker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
So true...it really is about the intent. We don't even realise fully.
Even killing in war is about intent...if done without malice as you say, that is the unfortunately and predictable outcome of participating in battle. You will kill and you may be killed.

Yet, even as a soldier, if you do not follow rules of engagement (if you torture, if you order unnecessary execution or if you enact unnecessary killing, if you intentionally kill civilians, if you indulge in killing, torture, or violence because you enjoy it or because it makes you feel powerful or in control)...then this is also "not ok".

What folks may not realise is that these killings motivated by emotion will follow us down through the ages, across lifetimes, till they &/or we reach out to make it right. You're never rid of that which you've sowed, till you consciously own it and work to make it right with that other soul, often in some other seemingly far-removed lifetime.

Peace & blessings
7L

***

correct

***
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 31-01-2020, 03:36 AM
janielee janielee is offline
Suspended
Master
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,785
 
I believe that God cares because God is Love.

To posit that killing another doesn’t matter is an odd statement, regardless of belief system,

Nearly every religion and spiritual tenant talks of doing no harm to your neighbor

Jl
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 31-01-2020, 03:39 AM
janielee janielee is offline
Suspended
Master
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,785
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just wondered your thoughts.
If this is a dream, and Illusion - there is no death ever - why would God
care if someone killed another?
Wouldn't He know that they come back again and again?

I'm coming to Gen Beliefs more and more.

There are people whom might have thought this before. Reality is very real, if you donít believe me, just hit your thumb with a little hammer.

Jl
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 31-01-2020, 03:23 PM
janielee janielee is offline
Suspended
Master
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2,785
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I believe that God cares because God is Love.

To posit that killing another doesn’t matter is an odd statement, regardless of belief system,

Nearly every religion and spiritual tenant talks of doing no harm to your neighbor

Jl

I would add that I’m not pro abortion. Seems like most of the Christian nut jobs who espouse pro life have little regard for people once they are out of the womb.

Ditto for people who say murdering another as part of war is ok, what it is, is tragic, but I acknowledge sometimes actions are necessary.

To generalize such a topic as killing another human or sentient life could be “ok” is unconstructive and unhelpful, imo. Possibly reckless..

Jl

Last edited by janielee : 31-01-2020 at 06:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 31-01-2020, 05:22 PM
Altair Altair is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,650
  Altair's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Tragic.

Excuses to stay passive about saying no to war. All those things mentioned need addressing. There's a lot to sort out! If the scale of issues seems too large and you've given up, then that's a shame.

If you aren't prepared to look your enemy in the eye before you kill them or they kill you, then don't send young lads off to go do your dirty work.

Another name for you: Ron Kovic

We'll have to agree to disagree here. I don't think this is going anywhere..
Idealistic positions can look good on paper but in practice we always need a degree of pragmatism.

Looking into your enemies' eyes was perhaps the norm back in the days when swords were the main weapon. Things have changed with longbows and then guns, and with it notions of ''honour''. However, such notions still seem to persist big time in pop culture and our imagination.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums