Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 14-02-2020, 11:00 AM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 15,423
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
.. there will be some emotional repercussions to murder.
I certainly would think so!! Yes. Not a recommended thing to do.

Don't want anyone to think I'm condoning it!
Just a question about our idea of this Creator - Superior Spirit.
I don't think of the All That Is as a punisher.

Point: So much has been taught to us that to kill someone is such a grievous sin 'to God'.
Is it?
Since there is no death and 'He' knows that?
The Old Testament has God Himself murdering people all over the place! Ha!


*Not many know or rem that a murderer confessed to me what he had done.
(And only me. The whole thing- the man pleading for his life , oh my - it was
a drug thing.)

I have a different perspective, probably, because of the entire experience.
__________________
.,

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.







Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 14-02-2020, 08:29 PM
Still_Waters Still_Waters is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 1,330
  Still_Waters's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I understand about meditation and those that no longer 'sit' but it really depends on one's current position and one's circumstance . After 40 years of day and night yoga and meditations my mum at a point no longer found it necessary .. but just because she stopped it didn't mean anything other than it wasn't necessary .

People don't seem to understand that peeps can come full circle and this is why for some they continue to to chop wood and carry water .

The fact in that there is diversity in Oneness is the point I am making about individuality, that is why I asked you if you created the moon or not.

You see having a reflection of self within Oneness is how it is and supposed to be within a dual experience of mind .

The ego self is in reflection of that individuality and that is how it is supposed to be also within a dual experience of the mind .

Watch out for those that proclaim oneness and that are free from ego and their individuality ..

They certainly wouldn't be doing interviews, writing books, spiritual retreats, courses and seminars and cashing cheques for their efforts . lol .


x daz x

My sense is also that the realized ones "certainly wouldn't be doing interviews, writing books, spiritual retreats, courses and seminars and cashing cheques for their efforts ." They are reportedly very quiet and extraordinarily ordinary outwardly.

When I hear people proclaim the "oneness", I simply ask what happened to make them realize the oneness or are they just regurgitating what they have heard or read. The responses are more often than not quite illuminating and "indescribable".

I'm not sure what your point was about your mother meditating for 40 years "night and day" and then stopping. Some people can "meditate" for years and accomplish nothing before stopping. Others can attune to the expanded consciousness that lies beyond thought and the five senses after which there is no need to perform disciplinary sitting meditation as one can shift attention to subtler levels of consciousness at will at that point. What is your point about your mother? Did she or did she not accomplish anything?


As for your repeated question regarding whether I created the moon, I don't know. All I can say is that I have no recollection of doing that.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 14-02-2020, 08:39 PM
Still_Waters Still_Waters is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 1,330
  Still_Waters's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
[color=Black]The Old Testament has God Himself murdering people all over the place! Ha!

....and killing animals as well. Don't forget the animals. One can only imagine what threat was posed by the animals that made them deserving of death.

Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 14-02-2020, 10:01 PM
The Eternal Soul The Eternal Soul is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 53
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I believe that God cares because God is Love.

To posit that killing another doesn’t matter is an odd statement, regardless of belief system,

Nearly every religion and spiritual tenant talks of doing no harm to your neighbor

Jl

You need to do more research. Take all religions based upon the bible:

Exodus 22:20
"Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the LORD must be destroyed.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known,
7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other),
8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them.
9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people.
10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

Deuteronomy 13:12-16

12If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying,

13Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;

14Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you;

15Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.

16And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.

Deuteronomy 17:2-5

2"(A)If there is found in your midst, in any of your towns, which the LORD your God is giving you, a man or a woman who does what is evil in the sight of the LORD your God, by transgressing His covenant,

3and has gone and (B)served other gods and worshiped them, (C)or the sun or the moon or any of the heavenly host, (D)which I have not commanded,

4and if it is told you and you have heard of it, then you shall inquire thoroughly. Behold, if it is true and the thing certain that this detestable thing has been done in Israel,

5then you shall bring out that man or that woman who has done this evil deed to your gates, that is, the man or the woman, and (E)you shall stone them to death.

Deuteronomy 17:12-13
12 The person who acts arrogantly, refusing to listen either to the priest who stands there serving the LORD your God or to the judge, must die. You must purge the evil from Israel. 13 Then all the people will hear [about it], be afraid, and no longer behave arrogantly.

Deuteronomy 18:20-22
20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 14-02-2020, 11:33 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 15,423
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Originally Posted by janielee
'To posit that killing another doesn’t matter is an odd statement,
regardless of belief system."



I just saw this in a quote box - dunno if it was directed to me, maybe not...but,
I probably should clarify better anyway.

The op and question was about wondering more about people and their thinking
God was super angry at a person if they had committed a murder -
and thus, send them to some hell for doing it...
If they thought, as most do, that God knows there is no death in reality -
after all, a person would/could be born again ---or live on on the Other Side.

Could this 'punishment' regarding hell and wrath be made up by Man?
If God is our creator, our Father and we went along with the Bible - He Himself was very much into killing a LOT! (Almost as if it were nothing.)

So I'm not saying myself, ''killing another doesn't matter''.
But, is our idea of God "odd"?
Are there degrees of bad things? (I know Catholics think so - venial or mortal sins;
you steal something, break a vow of fidelity or kill someone.)
Or are they all equal?

I'm not saying I know the answer.

Something incredible happened in that room when my friend, the confessing murderer was
absolutely torn apart about it,
just ruined...but, 'something else' happened in that room...

something I suppose you call supernatural..but happens so much with me - is very common.
__________________
.,

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.







Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 15-02-2020, 02:39 AM
running running is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: in my truck. anywhere usa
Posts: 5,818
  running's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I certainly would think so!! Yes. Not a recommended thing to do.

Don't want anyone to think I'm condoning it!
Just a question about our idea of this Creator - Superior Spirit.
I don't think of the All That Is as a punisher.

Point: So much has been taught to us that to kill someone is such a grievous sin 'to God'.
Is it?
Since there is no death and 'He' knows that?
The Old Testament has God Himself murdering people all over the place! Ha!


*Not many know or rem that a murderer confessed to me what he had done.
(And only me. The whole thing- the man pleading for his life , oh my - it was
a drug thing.)

I have a different perspective, probably, because of the entire experience.


if i was to believe my awakening process. for me 90% of the development was by going into trance and recalling my past to go through the expereince and release it. when i did during and after the emotional release i would become overwhelmed in great joy. until i got stuck in that joy. then i figured i should stop. so i did. also if i was to believe those whom have read me which is a lot sense my girfriend is a psychic and teaches so her friends or many are as well. my past is lifetimes of war and survival. it seemed like my connection to god came from living close to death.

just sharing some more since it is of the topic in ways. and im not suggesting past lifes are real or not. i dont know? im just explaining my awakening process as a speculation. for a variety of reasons i hesitate to mention my awakening process of potential memories. cause of course im thankful to live a life without such going on.
__________________
Pay No Mind to the PROPAGANDA. Do YOU!
https://youtu.be/CevxZvSJLk8

You Hold ALL the Cards in YOU!
https://youtu.be/bESGLojNYSo

NEVER Give Up Your Power. ALL the POWER is in YOU!
https://youtu.be/0KSOMA3QBU0
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 15-02-2020, 04:49 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 4,165
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Because murder not only ends another person's life abruptly, it destroys many lives. It causes a ripple effect of suffering for some many loved ones.

Just because the physical realm is a sort of illusion, what's illusionary about it is that it's matter. The physical realm hangs on the Spirit realm. It is still real. And acts committed here ripple over to the Other Side. You aint getting away with this stuff.

Your karma will follow you not only through other lifetimes, but to Soul Lives, After-life Lives. You'll suffer in Hell

Also it is a MISCONCEPTION that every soul who is murdered or killed signed up for it on the Other Side. Somethings happen on this Earth because chaos is a thing. Evil does do unspeakable unjust things and those actions disrupts the plans that a particular Soul set out to do. Now they may have it in their karma to perhaps die in such a manner, but NO ONE is "meant" to be murdered.

Another reason Christ went to the Cross. To make up for all the Injustices that will never be paid for by any single person, government, religion ,society, tribe, group, nation, etc throughout all human history. Evil is a thing and at some point in our lives we've all succumb to it's influence at some point

The new Agers and Eastern Philosphers who teach this hogwash are doing a great disservice to Psychism and Mediumship.

There are tragedies throughout history that were not meant to happen. And they are tragedies. It's part of the cosmic drama of living an Incarnation on Earth. Not everything can be explained.

God allows Everything snd anything to happen because the Spiritual realm is more democratic than our own. Everyone has free will.

But remember. We have Guidance in life. This is why we must pray to Archangels and angels to protect us. Pray to your guides. Always protect yourself and your loved ones and children with the White Light of the Holy Spirit. It doesn't hurt to always keep yourself safe physically and even spiritually. There is the Light. And everyday the Light is battling the darkness on Earth,

When I read your post, it made me think.

If a person murders a really bad person, for example a Hitler type, how should people view that situation?
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 15-02-2020, 04:52 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 4,165
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I certainly would think so!! Yes. Not a recommended thing to do.

Don't want anyone to think I'm condoning it!
Just a question about our idea of this Creator - Superior Spirit.
I don't think of the All That Is as a punisher.

Point: So much has been taught to us that to kill someone is such a grievous sin 'to God'.
Is it?
Since there is no death and 'He' knows that?
The Old Testament has God Himself murdering people all over the place! Ha!


*Not many know or rem that a murderer confessed to me what he had done.
(And only me. The whole thing- the man pleading for his life , oh my - it was
a drug thing.)

I have a different perspective, probably, because of the entire experience.
Your post brought up and old saying:

"If a person is murdered, the murdered person always goes to Heaven.
If you help a person to go to Heaven, you get your Angel wings."
__________________


     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 15-02-2020, 08:39 AM
God-Like God-Like is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,805
  God-Like's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
My sense is also that the realized ones "certainly wouldn't be doing interviews, writing books, spiritual retreats, courses and seminars and cashing cheques for their efforts ." They are reportedly very quiet and extraordinarily ordinary outwardly.

When I hear people proclaim the "oneness", I simply ask what happened to make them realize the oneness or are they just regurgitating what they have heard or read. The responses are more often than not quite illuminating and "indescribable".

I'm not sure what your point was about your mother meditating for 40 years "night and day" and then stopping. Some people can "meditate" for years and accomplish nothing before stopping. Others can attune to the expanded consciousness that lies beyond thought and the five senses after which there is no need to perform disciplinary sitting meditation as one can shift attention to subtler levels of consciousness at will at that point. What is your point about your mother? Did she or did she not accomplish anything?


As for your repeated question regarding whether I created the moon, I don't know. All I can say is that I have no recollection of doing that.


In regards to my mum I simply stated that I understood that peeps at times no longer feel the need to meditate as you did and it will reflect their circumstance and environment to certain degrees for we all don’t live in a monastery and many have stressful lives like I do mainly during the day because of work and I need to reconnect in meditation in the evenings .

It’s not however as if there is an on and off switch peeps either need topping up or they don’t for when I run I am in a meditative state, when I clean the house or mow the lawn it’s very easy to drift off somewhat or be in a different state ..So meditation as you quite rightly put it across can be a way of life for some and like said it depends on one’s life’s circumstance to certain degrees .

I asked you about creating the moon or not because you said you used to think like I did lol but all I am emphasising and illustrating is that even though there is the realisation of Self or Oneness or God or whatever you wish to call it there still remains the individual and there still remains the sense of oneself or I AM.

Oneself that isn’t aware of the ocean in totality, oneself that doesn’t create moons and universes because the Oneness and the totality of God or what you are isn’t experienced within a framework of a mind-body experience .

Where I see a misunderstanding or where I see an inflated philosophy regarding this is when peeps deny their individuality or they class it as illusory simply because one has realised Oneness ..

So unless you can emulate Oneness or the totality of God or Self within your experience of the mind-body and you can create universes and such likes then you are in full expression of your individuality or I AM-ness like everyone else is ..

This doesn’t however reflect that you are in someway separate or not God or Self or whatever word floats your boat .

One has to ask themselves if they proclaim Oneness in totality why they can’t be and do what totality does .

If one say’s hold on a minute I haven’t implied totality at all but then again if there is the negation of the individual then what is left lol .

I see at times that peeps want things both ways for they want to dismiss the individual but they can’t emulate the totality of One.

Awareness of I AM is not Oneness . I AM can realise Oneness if oneness applies to mind . See the difference?

So if you have a peep proclaiming to be the Ocean then there is an I AM present . It's not Oneness per se . It the individual expanding their awareness .





x daz x
__________________
Everything under the sun is in tune,but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 15-02-2020, 01:38 PM
Still_Waters Still_Waters is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 1,330
  Still_Waters's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777

There are tragedies throughout history that were not meant to happen. And they are tragedies. It's part of the cosmic drama of living an Incarnation on Earth. Not everything can be explained.

God allows Everything snd anything to happen because the Spiritual realm is more democratic than our own. Everyone has free will.


Your post about "tragedies throughout history that were not meant to happen" brought to mind the prophet Jeremias, the destruction of Jerusalem, and the Babylonian captivity. I often use the story of Jeremias when prophecy is discussed as he clearly foresaw the dynamics in play that would have spared Jerusalem if only King Zedekiah had listened to him instead of the false prophets who advised otherwise. The "best interests of the Totality" is my guide even if what is necessary is not always obvious to me. That's why I meditate.

That whole tragedy could indeed have been avoided. Was it "meant to happen" or not? I don't know. However, the free will of Zedekiah played a major part in the decisions that led to that tragedy.

In any case, although I am a strong advocate of AHIMSA (non-violence in thought, word, and deed), there are situations where the best interests of all may involve killing as in the Bhagavad Gita and in the world's response to Hitler. Sometimes, in this Cosmic Drama, it is indeed necessary to kill in keeping with the best interests of all.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums