Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-11-2013, 05:12 AM
bigmark76

Question Spiritual awakening?

What is it, and why does one go through an awakening?

I ask particularly because I believe I'm going trough one right now.

I'll describe/ ramble a bit about what has happened internally:

I've really started to question as to why am I here?
-> If there's a god what does he want me to do while I'm here?

I have started to dream (or remember most of my dreams) where in the past it's been go to sleep->blank->wake up. the dreams feel real for the most part, some are just bizarre and leaves me asking myself what was that?

Music and sound have become more profound on the impact that it has on me.
For example when listening to music I ride the music emotionally feeling the subtle changes in the song. and sound that used to just irritate me, now borderline enrages me IE keyboards, lip smacking, chewing with their mouth open.

I'm not typically an emotional guy (if you like rap the song by Tech N9ne one good time really describes me) but lately I've had some hard emotional swings, although I haven't cried in a long time. (not trying to sound tough, it's just something I haven't done since middle school... i'm 23 now)

there are other things that have happened and ive written them down but im home right now and those are at school.

I'm wondering what do you think about this or am I just over reacting?
any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated

edited by SF staff

Last edited by in progress : 15-11-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 15-11-2013, 07:28 AM
Master
A spiritual awakening is becoming aware that reality is much more than previously thought/assumed/aware of. With an expanded awareness, many shift occur often disrupting one's life. There is no 'minimum' increase to qualify as an awakening. Generally if one describes it as 'profound' it qualifies.

Most of what you wrote relates to emotional or psychological rather than spiritual/awareness shifts. Clearly you are expanding in some way but not necessarily spiritually.

As to over reacting, doesn't sound like it. With any kind of growth, new aspects are unfamiliar and thus cause stronger reactions.

If you feel these new emotions are 'out of control', you should seek some or counseling type help with that.
Old 15-11-2013, 08:27 AM
Medicine_Dog

A spiritual awakening will leave you without the pondering.

The physical body asks: Who am I? And--Why am I here?

The spiritual awakening answers those questions.
Old 15-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Divinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmark76
I have started to dream (or remember most of my dreams) where in the past it's been go to sleep->blank->wake up. the dreams feel real for the most part, some are just bizarre and leaves me asking myself what in the f.... was that?
Pay more attention to the way you react to the situations in your dreams, rather than specifically the physical appearance you are experiencing. I believe dreams are Gods way of helping you see things from a different perspective to gain knowledge of self.
Old 15-11-2013, 02:30 PM
bigmark76

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
A spiritual awakening is becoming aware that reality is much more than previously thought/assumed/aware of. With an expanded awareness, many shift occur often disrupting one's life. There is no 'minimum' increase to qualify as an awakening. Generally if one describes it as 'profound' it qualifies.

Most of what you wrote relates to emotional or psychological rather than spiritual/awareness shifts. Clearly you are expanding in some way but not necessarily spiritually.

As to over reacting, doesn't sound like it. With any kind of growth, new aspects are unfamiliar and thus cause stronger reactions.

If you feel these new emotions are 'out of control', you should seek some or counseling type help with that.

good stuff! I've been trying to understand some of the things are going on, my emotions aren't out of control (at least I don't believe so) but they do surprise me when they occur.
Old 15-11-2013, 02:43 PM
bigmark76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinus
Pay more attention to the way you react to the situations in your dreams, rather than specifically the physical appearance you are experiencing. I believe dreams are Gods way of helping you see things from a different perspective to gain knowledge of self.

Looking back at my dreams (recent ones) a couple of things I've noticed is that:

I've been in the wrong place at the wrong time leading me to be chased by police, by a robot.

I'm always in a group having a good time, and there's always a girl that I'm interested in (different girl each dream)

I run a lot in each of them either from something or to get some thing.

in the dream I had last night I had a tat on my back depicting a see-through image of the inner workings of the back and the lungs.

I'd be interested to hear any thoughts on these as well, as I'm not too sure what to make of them.
Old 15-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Divinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmark76
Looking back at my dreams (recent ones) a couple of things I've noticed is that:

I've been in the wrong place at the wrong time leading me to be chased by police, by a robot.

I'm always in a group having a good time, and there's always a girl that I'm interested in (different girl each dream)

I run a lot in each of them either from something or to get some thing.

in the dream I had last night I had a tat on my back depicting a see-through image of the inner workings of the back and the lungs.

I'd be interested to hear any thoughts on these as well, as I'm not too sure what to make of them.

I too have many dreams where I am running from something, but every time my legs cramp up. Lol. Perhaps it means you are avoiding something that you would be better off just facing head on and getting it over with. Honestly though, we could have the same exact dream and they would mean completely different things to each of us because we are different people. Only you can truly interpret your own dreams.