Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-10-2013, 01:14 AM
Master

I was laughing at myself this morning after a swim in the ocean (I am quite scared of the power of the ocean). . . The days after starting this thread I have actually been almost awash with emotions. . . It's almost as if I had to type out this thread in order to face the truth.

Trththfully something deep down is starting to shift for me, and like the waves I fear their power and intensity.
I've been feeling almost overwhelmed lately by this sense of pain I feel for our planet and this deep desire to act, heal, listen to her. . .
I think the truth is that I have throughout life gone through a process of de-sensitising myself. . .
And now I am transitioning to a different way of being,
Anger is what scares me,
Anger that stems from the fear that I am absolutely powerless to nature and the people who try and control her.
I don't know what to do with these emotions I have been rejecting,
I don't know what to do with them because when I start to allow myself to feel,
I am overcome with anger.
In truth I feel the pain that we inflict on ourselves by inflicting pain on our planet and each other. . .
In truth has been easier to de-sensitise than to feel.

That is all for now
Sorry for sounding so pessimistic.
Old 27-10-2013, 01:16 AM
Master

Lol, I am experiancing quite a few conflicting thoughts, ideas and feelings at the moment. . . I have probably totally confused everyone not to mention myself as well lol
Old 27-10-2013, 01:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
I was laughing at myself this morning after a swim in the ocean (I am quite scared of the power of the ocean). . . The days after starting this thread I have actually been almost awash with emotions. . . It's almost as if I had to type out this thread in order to face the truth.

Trththfully something deep down is starting to shift for me, and like the waves I fear their power and intensity.
I've been feeling almost overwhelmed lately by this sense of pain I feel for our planet and this deep desire to act, heal, listen to her. . .
I think the truth is that I have throughout life gone through a process of de-sensitising myself. . .
And now I am transitioning to a different way of being,
Anger is what scares me,
Anger that stems from the fear that I am absolutely powerless to nature and the people who try and control her.
I don't know what to do with these emotions I have been rejecting,
I don't know what to do with them because when I start to allow myself to feel,
I am overcome with anger.
In truth I feel the pain that we inflict on ourselves by inflicting pain on our planet and each other. . .
In truth has been easier to de-sensitise than to feel.

That is all for now
Sorry for sounding so pessimistic.

Red-- I have felt this way many times before.

But the long-term understanding I have come to is:

(a) The earth is fine, will be fine. No matter what damage we have done/are doing to her, she will survive. She, like us, has an eternal soul. If we have to learn lessons about messing where we live, she is serving that purpose. But the overwhelming thing to remember is, we are all safe, un-damageable unless we allow ourselves to be.

(b) Yes, we must live in this world, observe what we and others do, and make decisions because of it. But living your life in order to "fix" mother Earth is like living your life to fix another person: It's not your problem. You worry about you.

Sorry to sound so --- definite, but you will do nothing but damage yourself by allowing this to go too far.

It's the same with anger--at politics, people, situations beyond your control. In the end it's all about the decisions you make about yourself.

If that means that the career you must choose is to help the earth or other people, so be it. But don't try to take it all on yourself.

I think there is a weird kind of dual-mindedness that we have to practice. It is a balance between (a) taking responsibility for our actions, our choices, our lives as physical beings and what we think we are to learn from that and (b) recognizing that we are infinite souls on an infinite journey and that nothing, nothing we do here has to be permanent.

iIt's a precarious balance, but it can be done.

Be at peace. All will be well regardless of what you do or do not do.

Lora
Old 27-10-2013, 06:29 PM
RavenListener

[quote=RedEmbers]
...Anger is what scares me,
Anger that stems from the fear that I am absolutely powerless to nature and the people who try and control her....
/QUOTE]
I'd only offer:
absolute truth is bias, bias creates separation, separation creates fear, fear creates anger, suppressed anger creates violence.
Fear not! Trust Life! And, btw, the ocean likes you :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Lol, I am experiancing quite a few conflicting thoughts, ideas and feelings at the moment. . . I have probably totally confused everyone not to mention myself as well lol

"confusion" is a fantastic place to begin, imo :)
Old 30-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Red-- I have felt this way many times before.

But the long-term understanding I have come to is:

(a) The earth is fine, will be fine. No matter what damage we have done/are doing to her, she will survive. She, like us, has an eternal soul. If we have to learn lessons about messing where we live, she is serving that purpose. But the overwhelming thing to remember is, we are all safe, un-damageable unless we allow ourselves to be.

(b) Yes, we must live in this world, observe what we and others do, and make decisions because of it. But living your life in order to "fix" mother Earth is like living your life to fix another person: It's not your problem. You worry about you.

Sorry to sound so --- definite, but you will do nothing but damage yourself by allowing this to go too far.

It's the same with anger--at politics, people, situations beyond your control. In the end it's all about the decisions you make about yourself.

If that means that the career you must choose is to help the earth or other people, so be it. But don't try to take it all on yourself.

I think there is a weird kind of dual-mindedness that we have to practice. It is a balance between (a) taking responsibility for our actions, our choices, our lives as physical beings and what we think we are to learn from that and (b) recognizing that we are infinite souls on an infinite journey and that nothing, nothing we do here has to be permanent.

iIt's a precarious balance, but it can be done.

Be at peace. All will be well regardless of what you do or do not do.

Lora

This was nice, IsleWalker and it helped me too.

Blackraven
Old 31-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Deactivated Account
IMO if you conform to what other people believe to be the right way is the only way one can lose. Everyone wants to have the best way to be. Those who sell ideas of what the best way to be is are the ones whom wish to control imo. Since i believe the opposite of controlling people is the way to the soul. I personally let the bull go in one ear and out the other. So generally speaking. If I'm insensitive good. If I'm not good. The only thing that has importance to me is whether I sold myself out or not.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 02-11-2013, 09:20 PM
kayvee

Quote: -IMO if you conform to what other people believe to be the right way is the only way one can lose.

This is great to hear as it is exactly how I feel about getting on in this world, never jump on the band wagon, but does that mean if we don't conform we're always at odds and struggling and fighting because nothing is right for us? Or just happy in the knowledge that we know what we know and available to learn more without compromising ourselves? That sounds better to me!
Old 03-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Master

I really liked your reply running :)

I am who I am in this moment.

Conform, conform, conform . . . lol

I don't know why, but I have never terribly been good at it

I come from a long line of people who struggle to conform lol

Ah well, mb i am less insensitive and more just like the ocean: at times it is flat and motionless, other times it is rough and unpredictable. . .

Either way, I'm just going to roll with it :)
Old 08-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Sorry, Rah nam, but I totally disagree. Emotions are the interactions that consciousnesses have with each other. As consciousness, there is no way to avoid interactions with other consciousnesses. We are ourselves a collection of cooperating consciousnesses. Our atoms, molecules, basic stuff--each have consciousness of a sort. We interact with the consciousnesses in nature--mountains, oceans, air, sunshine, trees, animals. It is impossible to avoid.

To treat emotions as a something silly that you should avoid--seems short-sighted. At the same time, I don't think we have to do anything other than experience the emotions. They are, in general, an outflow or inflow of energy from another. We exist to understand more and more other consciousnesses. That is what the whole idea of spiritual growth is about.

The purpose of emotions is to flow, as they are part of our energy. Without them we would not be "alive" and to pretend they are superfluous--is "silly"--IMO.

Lora

P.S. One of my favorite (old) books says:

"We are equal beings and the universe is our relations with each other. The universe is made of one kind of entity: each one is alive, each determines the course of his own existence.

That is really all you need to know to understand ...

The universe is made of one kind of whatever-it-is, which cannot be defined. For our purpose, it isn't necessary to try to define it. All we need to do is assume that there is only one kind of whatever-it-is, and see if it leads to a reasonable explanation for the world as we know it.

The basic function of each being is expanding and contracting. Expanded beings are permeative; contracted beings are dense and impermeative. Therefore each of us, alone or in combination, may appear as space, energy, or mass, depending on the ratio of expansion to contraction chosen, and what kind of vibrations each of us expresses by alternating expansion and contraction. Each being controls his own vibrations.
"

In the description above, when we are "expanded" (our higher self) we are space (think higher dimension). The "dense" mode is how we are as 3d human beings. The "energy" state is when we are interacting with each other (emotions). I agree that it is one of our basic states.

IsleWalker/Lora --
I just wanted to say that your post really spoke to me and touched me.
I have in past written many similar posts...of late I haven't had time.
But I feel the topic is really incomplete without a fuller presentation and understanding on both sides.
And I don't think everyone understood it in the fullness I intend to convey --
but like OM/God/Oneness, emotion is foundational, regardless of whether we align more with love or fear in any given moment.
You've done a brill job of explaining...it is about the flow, exactly so
Thank you so much for sharing your perspective here!

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 08-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Master

I noticed in your profile that you are 27 and female. I wonder how many hardships you have experienced in your life. That has resulted in making me more sensitive as I have experience adversity. And the older I get the more sensitive I have become because I have faced difficulties.