Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 26-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Chakra confusion

I keep reading about chakra meditations, healing and balancing the chakras, etc.

Maybe I am the only one, but I don't understand WHY or WHAT is the purpose for doing this ?

If one heals the chakras - what does this do ? How is this connected to anything ?

If one balances the chakras - what does this do ? and the same second question as above

Chakra Confused Angel

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 26-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Mind's Eye

The chakras are connected to various parts of the physical, mental and spiritual bodies.. If one is out of balance it can cause the individual not feel well, have physical symtoms, emotional symptoms and spiritual blockages and even dis-ease as they say.

Balancing and healing the chakras restores the energy flow to the various "bodies" and often heals the condition and helps one to obtain higher spiritual growth.

That's it in a nutshell..
Old 26-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Mind's Eye, that is about as simple and precise an explantion as anyone could ask for !

If one is feeling out of balance,or not feeling well in any of those areas, physical, emotional, spiritual ... then how do they figure out which chakra is the one to work on ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 26-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Mind's Eye

I usually try to do them all in one shot and make sure the entire energy body is functioning properly... However, if I'm feeling lazy... I will go three down.

Example; If I am having problems in my head area,,, I will balance crown, third eye and throat.

Emotional or spiritual symptoms are usually more tricky and can be caused by various chakras being out of balance... so then I do all seven in one sitting, lazy or not.
Old 26-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Deactivated Account

A good first time idea would be to do all 7 chakras ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 26-05-2011, 11:53 PM
AmethystDawn

Yes, Dream Angel, that's the way to go.

Lay down, relax and starting with the Base Chakra, imagine that Chakra spinning it's colour (red) until your body is imbued with red light, slow it right down and then progress to the next Chakra Sacral (orange) and so on until you get to the crown Chakra.
I don't know if this is the right way to do it but it seems to work ok for me. I got the basic principles of a Chakra cd which is lovely until the woman starts 'singing' (read warbling here) and completely spoils the ambiance.
Old 27-05-2011, 02:10 AM
Master
In another thread someone recommended Stephen Halpern's "Chakra Suite" which can be downloaded from the net. There is a song for each of the 7 major chakras in the appropriate key which you listen to along with breathing and visualization.

Xan

Old 27-05-2011, 02:12 AM
Deactivated Account

Thanks much Xan !

Expect Miracles !

Old 27-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Deactivated Account

AmethystDawn, thank you for sharing the technique you use. I had to smile at your comment " singing ( read warbling here ) and completely spoils the ambiance " . I got a cd once something about communicating or connecting with your Spirit Guide by Sylvia Browne. Nothing against the woman, however, her voice is not the most condusive to listening to in a guided meditation.... I just couldn't do it !

Expect Miracles !

Old 27-05-2011, 04:06 AM
MoonDancer

The first time I meditated on my chakras I felt....better is the only word I can think of. Kinda like blowing your nose