Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 19-04-2016, 02:11 AM
Newbie ;)

Question about patron/patroness gods/goddesses.

Hi, I'm very new to this forum. If any of you recognize what I'm about to ask, it's because when I was first on here I made the mistake of putting my question on the welcome forum instead of here. Live and learn; I guess, right?
Anyway, I know this might seem a bit odd and it's a long story actually. You see, I haven't had much experience with wicca or paganism, so I'm at a loss as to what I should do.

It began when I was about 10 years old and I was approached by some sort of deity in a dream. It wasn't until years later (8 years to be precise), that I came to the possibility that whatever it was in my dream and dreams for the past eight years up until now must have been a deity. Which deity? Well given the information, signs, cryptic symbols, etc. that I was given, I am certain it was the greek god Hades. I'd go more in depth into this, but it would take forever to explain and it probably wouldn't make much sense even on this type of forum.

Nonetheless, I'm going to take into account the possibility that it might be the greek god Hades and ask what I should do now? For the past 8 years through dreams, signs, symbols, and other cryptic signals, I believe he is trying to somehow contact me or get my attention. Sadly I don't know what he wants, if he even wants anything; nor do I know how to contact him. I know nothing about making libations to gods and goddesses in general and I am very bad at meditation.

I have tried to make it known that I'm willing to listen and communicate, but I have received no answer. It seems as though after 8 years of trying to get my attention, the moment I am ready to listen I get nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Should I try another tactic?

On a side note, I've been seeing various daffodils (narcissus flowers) growing in places that I haven't seen them grow before, I've been having more dreams where he just shows up and is very out of place, plus I keeping seeing his name put up in a lot of things I've been reading lately. The strange thing is that whenever I try to ignore these signs or try to forget about them and move on they just keep popping up, stronger and more in-my-face than before. I looked it up and did some research. It turns out that these repeated "in-your-face" signs are the god or goddess' way of getting your attention.

In conclusion, I am trying to contact him and make it known that I am ready to listen so I can figure out what he would like for me to do, but the only response I get is silence and these increased signs that he's trying to get my attention. Am I missing something here? Is Hades very stubborn when it comes to communication? Is he playing games with me? Is he testing me? Please let me know what I can do and how I should go about doing so. Thanks.

Note: Also if any of you want me to describe in depth what is going on or just the full story then let me know. But be prepared for a very long and possibly befuddling story.
Old 19-04-2016, 03:24 AM
Master
keep doing what you're doing and don't strain yourself.
your signs, visions, and dreams are coming without effort, so there's no need to push it.
prepare yourself for "weirdness" by ensuring that you can access "normality" at will.
be grounded in 'ordinary' earth energy, so that you can feel safe and secure always;
don't let your mind take you into dangerous, uncomfortable places without a way home.
learn something of your (apparent) contact and take notice of 'synchronicities' that may pop up.
keep a dream journal and see if you're getting information that way.

http://www.greekmyths-greekmythology...nd-persephone/
Old 20-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Master

I was going to mention a dream journal, they're a good idea.

You said you aren't very good at meditation but if you have some spare time, maybe one night light a candle and ask Hades to communicate with you and just sit quietly. If you can find a picture of him that you like prop that up before you as well.

Good luck.
Old 20-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Lepus

Hello Sapphire17,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire17
Hi, I'm very new to this forum. If any of you recognize what I'm about to ask, it's because when I was first on here I made the mistake of putting my question on the welcome forum instead of here. Live and learn; I guess, right?
Anyway, I know this might seem a bit odd and it's a long story actually. You see, I haven't had much experience with wicca or paganism, so I'm at a loss as to what I should do.

I suggest reading all the threads under Wicca and Paganism to give you an idea. Or, do a quick search from a browser for a specific topic about Wicca or Paganism.

Quote:
It began when I was about 10 years old and I was approached by some sort of deity in a dream. It wasn't until years later (8 years to be precise), that I came to the possibility that whatever it was in my dream and dreams for the past eight years up until now must have been a deity. Which deity? Well given the information, signs, cryptic symbols, etc. that I was given, I am certain it was the greek god Hades. I'd go more in depth into this, but it would take forever to explain and it probably wouldn't make much sense even on this type of forum.

Can you describe the dreams, signs, or cryptic symbols?

Quote:
Nonetheless, I'm going to take into account the possibility that it might be the greek god Hades and ask what I should do now? For the past 8 years through dreams, signs, symbols, and other cryptic signals, I believe he is trying to somehow contact me or get my attention. Sadly I don't know what he wants, if he even wants anything; nor do I know how to contact him. I know nothing about making libations to gods and goddesses in general and I am very bad at meditation.

I have tried to make it known that I'm willing to listen and communicate, but I have received no answer. It seems as though after 8 years of trying to get my attention, the moment I am ready to listen I get nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Should I try another tactic?

You seem to doubt if it is even Hades. I agree with Jenny Crow and Horace, try using a dream journal, and meditate with a candle; ask questions through meditation, if any images pop in your mind, write them down.

Quote:
On a side note, I've been seeing various daffodils (narcissus flowers) growing in places that I haven't seen them grow before, I've been having more dreams where he just shows up and is very out of place, plus I keeping seeing his name put up in a lot of things I've been reading lately. The strange thing is that whenever I try to ignore these signs or try to forget about them and move on they just keep popping up, stronger and more in-my-face than before. I looked it up and did some research. It turns out that these repeated "in-your-face" signs are the god or goddess' way of getting your attention.

This is how most Wiccans and Pagans know who their gods and goddesses are; most choose to work with a specific deity, or deities, but many would let the deities choose them.

Write down these dreams in your dream journal.

Quote:
In conclusion, I am trying to contact him and make it known that I am ready to listen so I can figure out what he would like for me to do, but the only response I get is silence and these increased signs that he's trying to get my attention. Am I missing something here? Is Hades very stubborn when it comes to communication? Is he playing games with me? Is he testing me? Please let me know what I can do and how I should go about doing so. Thanks.

Note: Also if any of you want me to describe in depth what is going on or just the full story then let me know. But be prepared for a very long and possibly befuddling story.

Do you know much about Hades?

The full story would be nice to read.

Lepus
Old 20-04-2016, 08:41 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
keep doing what you're doing and don't strain yourself.
your signs, visions, and dreams are coming without effort, so there's no need to push it.
prepare yourself for "weirdness" by ensuring that you can access "normality" at will.
be grounded in 'ordinary' earth energy, so that you can feel safe and secure always;
don't let your mind take you into dangerous, uncomfortable places without a way home.
learn something of your (apparent) contact and take notice of 'synchronicities' that may pop up.
keep a dream journal and see if you're getting information that way.

Thanks for the advice on keeping a dream journal. I've actually kept one long before posting this, but thank you anyway. Over the past four years, I've actually researched a lot about him and I've become very knowledgeable about greek mythology and him in general. I know his myths, his symbols, personality, relationships, etc. I'll try to work on my meditation and I'll be sure to look out for strange occurrences. Lately I've noticed that the signals are very subtle to the point where I almost brush them off as coincidence. They just occur so frequently that I can't write it off as coincidence anymore. Once again thank you for your help and hopefully I'll make some progress.
Old 20-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
I was going to mention a dream journal, they're a good idea.

You said you aren't very good at meditation but if you have some spare time, maybe one night light a candle and ask Hades to communicate with you and just sit quietly. If you can find a picture of him that you like prop that up before you as well.

Good luck.

I haven't thought about that. I'll give the candle thing a try and see what happens. Although I read on another post like this that he doesn't really like candles, but who knows? Maybe he responds differently to different people. Anyway, thank you very much for your suggestions and I'll see how it goes.
Old 20-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello Sapphire17,

I suggest reading all the threads under Wicca and Paganism to give you an idea. Or, do a quick search from a browser for a specific topic about Wicca or Paganism.

I guess I could try reading up on paganism and wicca again. I tried to do research on it a few months ago, but I was only lead to what appeared to be fake sites and different articles that didn't seem very authentic. That's why I thought I could reach out here and maybe I'd have better luck communicating with real people who know a lot about all of this.

Quote:
Can you describe the dreams, signs, or cryptic symbols?

I mean I can if you want me to. I wouldn't mind sharing the dreams, but they're just very peculiar in the manner that he approached me. I'm sorry I'm being kind of vague, but I'm afraid that if I were to share the dreams on here that I'd be thought of as crazy even on a forum like this. While I'm a bit hesitant to talk about the dreams, I can share the symbols and signals. Mostly the symbols or messages have been daffodils (narcissus flowers) that grow in odd places. These narcissus flowers are one of Hades' symbols and sometimes they symbolize Persephone, but I'm not receiving any vibes from her. Other messages would include seeing his name or many titles (The Unseen One, Receiver of Many, etc.) popping up repeatedly in books or novels. Other times I feel like I'm being watched (not in a creepy way, but in a protective guardian-like manner). Most recently I saw one of the narcissus flowers (daffodils) in full bloom near my school. As soon as I looked at it, I felt almost compelled to pick it and admire it. The compelling sensation was very strong and very insisting and it didn't fade until I had walked far away from the flower. I don't think Hades is as the myths perceive him, other than the fact that he might have a temper, but he's only ever been nice and comforting with every dream interaction I've had with him. Despite this, I'm a bit wary of narcissus flowers because of what happened to Persephone when she picked one. These are the messages or signals that I'm getting from him. Most of them are a bit subtle and others are a tad more intensive and insisting.

Quote:
You seem to doubt if it is even Hades. I agree with Jenny Crow and Horace, try using a dream journal, and meditate with a candle; ask questions through meditation, if any images pop in your mind, write them down.

I know I seemed a bit vague and maybe a bit uncertain that it was Hades, but I know for a fact that it was him. I've done my research and all signs point to him. The problem I'm having is not acknowledging that he's trying to get my attention, but it's figuring out what he wants and why I get no response the moment I make it known that I'm ready to listen and that he has my attention. He's been very cryptic and very vague, so I have almost no idea what he wants from me. I'm trying almost everything I know, but I can't just sacrifice a black lamb to him, build an altar, or bury offerings in the ground. My circumstances won't allow me to do this, so I have to find alternatives like meditation. I'm just not getting anywhere with this.

Thanks for the help and I'll just have to keep an eye out for anything else that could help me.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:16 AM
Suspended

I'm a few months late, but are you a Scorpio?

IME the deity contacting me, Hathor, was a representation of my sun sign. I'm a Taurus.
Old 25-12-2016, 03:18 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire17

Hi, I know this was posted forever ago, so I hope you've found your way by now. However my advice (if you haven't) is to wait, patiently. As you said He waited on you for 8 years.