Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 28-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by starandrea
You are so amazing! Even your post about how negative you feel is so filled with hope, about the beautiful things you've accomplished in your education and the gratitude you feel for your daughter and your husband. Congratulations on living a miracle in the midst of so many challenges :)

This advice isn't magical, and if you don't feel any affinity for it, then please put it aside. But I was so struck by the positive things you mentioned when you wrote, and how wonderful it is that you survived such a long period of wanting to die, that it sounds like you're making amazing progress toward your goals every day. I mean, it probably feels like incredibly slow progress, if it feels like progress at all, but from the outside it sounds like you're looking ahead, envisioning a better future, and working toward it already!

So the only thing I might suggest is to appreciate how far you've come, as a way of encouraging continued progress. Instead of looking at the distance between here and where you want to be (you sound like a very "big picture" person), maybe look at some of the little things too: the things that are better today than they were yesterday, and the small things that will make tomorrow better. If you can't get to next year in a day, you can definitely get to tomorrow in a day. And it sounds like there will be some good things tomorrow, even if there will also be some pretty challenging things.

Look forward to the good things, and point them out to your daughter. I bet the small good things will look so much more amazing when you're sharing them with her :)

Hello ! Im blushing
Thank you so much for the wave of love you sent through your words
I felt everything you said
You made my night to see the least . Thank you darling :)
Leila will be one in two weeks
Time ran so fast yet so slow.
Wish you the best !:)
Old 28-03-2017, 09:16 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
"Fake it till you make it" has worked for me in bad and challenging times. Basically while realistically acknowledging what I was going through and feeling it , I set it aside and went through each day with as much dignity and grace as possible.
Trying for all the world to pretend like my life was all I wished it to be at that very moment.
By focusing on the 'pretend' positive things and even finding actual real little positive things to be grateful for, I was slowly able to change my vibration to a better one day by day and thus change my situation. In times and periods where that wasn't possible I was able to make it through it without doing more personal damage by staying out as much as possible, from the depths of self indulgent 'Woe is me". The 'Woe is me' self talk is very destructive and can set the stage for depression.

Like you, my brain in really difficult spells, just wants to end everything it's so overwhelmed. It takes a huge self control effort to not let it hit the bottom of the Despair Pit. It's gotten much easier over the years to stop the mental chatter that causes the emotional crash into despair and hopelessness.

My best other advice for you is to find things to laugh about, anything will work. Laugh with others, laugh at silly Youtubes, watch funny movies, google jokes, watch silly pet videos, watch video's of babies laughing, laugh with your daughter. Find everything you can to laugh about. Deep belly rolling laughter that leaves your sides/ribs aching is highly healing and will lift your spirits for days afterwards and help this year until you are reunited with your husband to go by easier and quicker.
Laughter is a higher Vibration.

Fake it till you make it
Thats true and thats something worth trying. You described the process so nicely. I already feel better.
I love to laugh. Unfortunately there arent much funny videos to see these days. If you have links to very funny things youd like to share id be happy! :))
Old 28-03-2017, 09:16 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
"Fake it till you make it" has worked for me in bad and challenging times. Basically while realistically acknowledging what I was going through and feeling it , I set it aside and went through each day with as much dignity and grace as possible.
Trying for all the world to pretend like my life was all I wished it to be at that very moment.
By focusing on the 'pretend' positive things and even finding actual real little positive things to be grateful for, I was slowly able to change my vibration to a better one day by day and thus change my situation. In times and periods where that wasn't possible I was able to make it through it without doing more personal damage by staying out as much as possible, from the depths of self indulgent 'Woe is me". The 'Woe is me' self talk is very destructive and can set the stage for depression.

Like you, my brain in really difficult spells, just wants to end everything it's so overwhelmed. It takes a huge self control effort to not let it hit the bottom of the Despair Pit. It's gotten much easier over the years to stop the mental chatter that causes the emotional crash into despair and hopelessness.

My best other advice for you is to find things to laugh about, anything will work. Laugh with others, laugh at silly Youtubes, watch funny movies, google jokes, watch silly pet videos, watch video's of babies laughing, laugh with your daughter. Find everything you can to laugh about. Deep belly rolling laughter that leaves your sides/ribs aching is highly healing and will lift your spirits for days afterwards and help this year until you are reunited with your husband to go by easier and quicker.
Laughter is a higher Vibration.

Fake it till you make it
Thats true and thats something worth trying. You described the process so nicely. I already feel better.
I love to laugh. Unfortunately there arent much funny videos to see these days. If you have links to very funny things youd like to share id be happy! :))
Old 28-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreidebrei
Your situation is not easy. I would stay actually away from affirmations. Because you actually can't know what the best solution is right away. I read about Europe yesterday, and to be honest most people are fed up with too many immigrants, there are clashes. Why don't you move to your husband? You both want to leave Lebanon anyway. I would move to Australia there's more sun, but that's just my opinion.... my message is that there are many many more options then just waiting for that one to happen, if you are open.

Hello well you are right.Thing is if there was an easier and better option then where we want to go then id happily take it. Because where im going there arent alot of immigrants . My husband is in dubai. A very insecure country. One day your there the next your not. They didnt even give him a residence permit
Thousamds of lebanese peoples lives have beem ruined after they kicked them out due to politics. So yeah dubai is the last place id want to live in.they think they own people and everyone is their slave. Plus theyre goin thru an economic crises . I wouldv happily stayed in lebanon if not for the constant threat of war from israel or the bombs from isis. I cant express how horrifying that experiemce is. I lived the 2006 war and would do anything to take my daughter and raise her in a safe country. Seeking safety was the nr one reason that lead me to move. Other than that..lebanon has accepted more refugees than there are civilians in here. Really. With each 1 civilian you see 10 syrians on the street. In a country as small as lebanon we habe over 2 million refugees ,palestinian and syrian who are doubling each year.you have no idea how many babies they pop each year. This being said unfortunately half of our lebaese people lost their jobs because recruiters want to hire less paid labor for as low as 300$. In a country where you need at least 2500$ to survive... Thats sad. People work 4 to 5 jobs to raise a family here. My sister after years of experience and university degree gets paid 800$ thankfully she lives rent free at my parents house. Rent alone costs 800$ withoutt electricity generators which cost up to 400$, since we dont habe electricity from the government. The food you need not less than 500$ to feed a family. I wish i was exagerating. Anywaus the pt is it is easier said than done. You cant just throw urself at a country where u know no one,without much cash in hand and have no job or house secured and with a baby.yeah the sun is pretty nice here but believe me when summer comes i wait till sunset to go out because it burns my skin. I canr stand the sun. Im used to the cold weather in ways worse than you imagine.in europe you only feel the cold outside. In lebanon ? You feel in your bones at your own house. No matter how mucj you try to warm the house itll always ne cold and the bill sl expensive! Oh o wish i cantravel to australia. But how mate? Will they secure me a house and a job? Everything is easier said than done. Trust me i habe explored options and this is the only one reachable hopefully
Old 04-04-2017, 01:30 AM
Pathfinder
Hello there,

First of all, I'm really sorry that you are currently in this situation. But it is not permanent and I have SO much faith that great changes can come with positive thoughts.
I have never been in a situation as hard as yours, but I had a dream that I thought was impossible and the moment I changed my thoughts to more optimistic ones it came true within 3 months. And then it happened again and again. I honestly have no doubts at this point.
Once you start seeing how your thoughts affect your reality it's much easier because you realize that it's your ticket out of this situation. So i think that especially in your situation when things are not looking that great, the moment you see that it's working you will know that you HAVE to continue.
But how to take the first step? Gratitude is the key here and you are lucky to have something amazing to be grateful for- your child. So look at her every day and realize that she's a blessing, feel the gratitude. I'd start a gratitude journal and list small things you're grateful for. Sometimes it seems like there's not much, but there's always something to be grateful for. A tasty cup of tea. Nature. One of my recent gratitude journal entries lists pines as something I'm grateful for ;)
Another super useful technique is something I call brainwashing yourself into positivity. Go on YouTube and find a positive video, then go to another one and so on. Listen to them as often as you can, even when you're doing something else and cannot fully focus. I think that these messages travel to our subconscious mind and really help make permanent changes. Our subconscious mind is much more powerful than our conscious mind when it comes to manifesting our reality. Just type in law of attraction and go from there, it's all very positive stuff.
Another technique I like is visualizing things I want to have/accomplish right before falling asleep. I first heard about it in one of the interviews with Bob Proctor in which he said that the last thought that enters our mind before sleep goes directly into our subconscious mind. So I like to imagine a happy situation in great detail. You can think about your future life in Europe or maybe visualize the moment your paperwork gets done and this door opens.

But don't skip the video part. I try to do this even when everything is going fine. I've noticed that every time I take a long break from this practice things don't work as well and I definitely lose some of this optimism. You can even make it into a challenge. Here's a YouTube channel dedicated to law of attraction. Make a decision to watch all of their videos and see what changes by the end of this challenge ;)

https://www.youtube.com/user/YouAreCreators/videos

I am sending you all my best wishes.

“We are neighbors in a modern world where proximity is relative and the threshold to our hearts moves outside time and space.”
Old 05-04-2017, 04:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Hello,

I agree with Nellie (and all the other wonderful posts here) about the subconscious mind and how powerful it is. So sorry to hear about your challenging circumstances.

Choosing anything positive, (that you truly agree with not made up) which could be as simple as admiring a view or seeing something really cute your daughter does and focusing on how good that feels and just build on it. Looking for anything, however small, that makes you feel positive will eventually bring more positives into your awareness.

One thing I often do is to write down the emotions that a situation makes me feel and then think when I've felt those emotions before. The Subconscious mind often links old situations with new, so we are dealing with more emotion than just the present ones. For example, if I'm feeling anxious, and irritated, I think back to other times I've felt this way. I then use energy clearing techniques to neutralize the emotions. (EFT is easy to learn and can be very effective for this)

Hope this makes sense, feel free to tell me if it doesn't!
Robin
Old 05-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Knower

Simple u can remove negative thoughts by practicing meditation